Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Our Tesco neighbours.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny fact I heard today.

Within their last 20 Premier League games, West Brom have won twice, both 1.0's in August against the mighty Bournemouth and Burnley. In fact, since they last won a league game, Wolves have won 10.

How Pulis avoids any punditry criticism is absolutely beyond me.

They have Chelsea and Spurs in their next two games.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is though, they are in the PL and we are not, and, they will still be in it next year. The PL now has at least 8 candidates for the drop , and there will be 3 teams worse than them. It shows how poor it is when teams like Albion are not even in the bottom 3

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is though, they are in the PL and we are not, and, they will still be in it next year. The PL now has at least 8 candidates for the drop , and there will be 3 teams worse than them. It shows how poor it is when teams like Albion are not even in the bottom 3

I agree, the standard below the top 6 is incredibly poor this year, it really is. You'll have a team like West Ham comfortably stay up in around 13th, and they're bloody awful.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, the standard below the top 6 is incredibly poor this year, it really is. You'll have a team like West Ham comfortably stay up in around 13th, and they're bloody awful.
Correct..... with the PL... you have arguably 4 or 5 BIG teams that can spend stupid money on winning the title and getting to the CL. Everyone else then just tries to spend enough to survive , creating a void in the middle of the table. This is why the likes of Dyche and Silva are much sought after as they know how to get best bang for their buck. Teams in the bottom 8 are appalling but will come up with the occasional shock to keep them interested. I think this year's PL is the worst ever

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct..... with the PL... you have arguably 4 or 5 BIG teams that can spend stupid money on winning the title and getting to the CL. Everyone else then just tries to spend enough to survive , creating a void in the middle of the table. This is why the likes of Dyche and Silva are much sought after as they know how to get best bang for their buck. Teams in the bottom 8 are appalling but will come up with the occasional shock to keep them interested. I think this year's PL is the worst ever

Yep, spot on. And it shows in the games between the sort of sides you referenced. The lack of bravery and willingness to attack is incredible. I watched the Burnley vs Newcastle game a few weeks ago on a Monday night. I may as well have watched a blank TV for all the entertainment it offered. And those are two sides I expect to end up mid table.

W

WasStefan

Rubbish. Swansea and West Ham are below them. You telling me West Brom are better? Do me a favour. Then look at the teams directly above them, Stoke, Everton, Leicester, Southampton. West Brom are not better than these either.

The only team I would say that are worse are Palace, however the new manager bounce may start to kick in soon.

But Albion will do what they always do, win a couple and stay up, somehow.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish. Swansea and West Ham are below them. You telling me West Brom are better? Do me a favour. Then look at the teams directly above them, Stoke, Everton, Leicester, Southampton. West Brom are not better than these either.

The only team I would say that are worse are Palace, however the new manager bounce may start to kick in soon.

So you first say only Palace are worse, they you say Albion will stay up .....so therefore you agree that 3 teams are, or will be worse ?

Make your mind up

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their current form is strangely similar to ours the year we went down.

W

WasStefan

So you first say only Palace are worse, they you say Albion will stay up .....so therefore you agree that 3 teams are, or will be worse ?

Make your mind up
Read again

I have said i don't think there is now. But they will stay up somehow. That doesn't mean they aren't still one of the worst teams in the league.

Are you an Albion fan?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether their fans will admit it or not, our current upward trajectory and success is causing huge pressure on their team from the support. We are catching up with them, playing excellent, free flowing football while they are struggling, playing hoofball and while their owner seems very passive and not getting things right, our owners have got their act together, made some fantastic decisions and we are going places. I dont think they would be as tetchy as they are if we were going along like we were last season.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Swansea are a terrible side! Even their star signing and apparently one of the coups of the summer - Renato Sanchez looks terrible.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They dont always stay up.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read again

I have said i don't think there is now. But they will stay up somehow. That doesn't mean they aren't still one of the worst teams in the league.
Yeah, you’re right. Fourth worst, if I understand you correctly.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their aging side has been a ticking time bomb for a while, but I’m still sure Pulis will grind out the required points.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have heard plenty of Pullis criticism this year from pundits they have been frequently speculating about his style of play, tactics and future.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read again

Are you an Albion fan?

Why on earth would picking a very big hole in a very flawed statement make me an Albion fan ? or was that just a childish remark trying to deflect

Yeah I'm ST holder in Brummie Road .......take me away guv, I've been found out

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Teams worse then the Baggies:

Palace
Swansea
Bournemouth

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Recent history shows they find a way to start up, no? Or have I missed a relegation

They got relegated in 2009 certainly, and at a guess i'd say they have been relegated a couple more times on top of that in the last 10 or 12 years. You didnt say recent history tbf, you said they always find a way.

This season to me feels different for them. They usually start off ok them drop a bit once they are safe. They seem to be really struggling now, a lot of discontent there as well. They have struggled not only this season but the back end of last season. In the past they have usually got the sacking of the manager right and the replacement right and its helped them get out of trouble. At the moment, i dont see anyone going there who will be a vast improvement. They just arent attractive.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if hes already sacked, they're just getting these next 2 games out the way so a new managers not starting on 2 tough matches!

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if hes already sacked, they're just getting these next 2 games out the way so a new managers not starting on 2 tough matches!
That's probably about right, they will lose at Spurs but might fluke a draw at best at home to Chelsea .... be interesting to see who they get in

M

Mr Wolf

I’m hoping teams like Brighton, Huddersfield, West Brom, Bournemouth stay up with Palace, Swansea & West Ham going down.

That would make the following season easier imo should we get there.

S

ShropshireLad

Read again

Are you an Albion fan?
Jeez, Stefan. You can be very argumentative at times.

I believe you called me an Albion fan when I first started posting on here just because you took a different view.

Goodbye Horse

Reaction score
I want revenge for the 0-5 before they get relegated and fall into oblivion and are never heard of again.

D

Deleted member 5242

Been told today Pulis has been offered a severance package and has turned it down. The guy reckons Martin O'neill is being lined up :eek:

Chap works at the albion

E

Essex Wolf

Hopefully this season mate their luck will run out. If Wolves go up and they go down then yes the BCD will be still missing but it will be nice to be the best again.

W

WasStefan

Blime rocked the boat on here earlier

Some of you lot are emotional aren't you!

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blime rocked the boat on here earlier

Some of you lot are emotional aren't you!

There's a difference between being labelled Albion fans, rather than emotional, just because you dare to offer a different opinion

Isn't there ?

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully this season mate their luck will run out. If Wolves go up and they go down then yes the BCD will be still missing but it will be nice to be the best again.
It certainly would, can't disagree with that, it's been a long time coming , and we should have already have been there under SJH ....sadly Dave Jones never had the benefit that Mr Nuno is getting

W

WasStefan

There's a difference between being labelled Albion fans, rather than emotional, just because you dare to offer a different opinion

Isn't there ?
It was humour. Clearly it hit a nerve. I apologise. Maybe truth hurts :D

SOTA UTW

R

reanswolf

He won't accept any severance package, you know what he is like with money.

Please stay Tony :)-

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't we equalise? My memory has conveniently wiped that game from the banks!
I think so and didn't we miss a good chance to go 2-1 up then they scored very close after? I stayed to the bitter end that day, never been so miserable

Back
Top Bottom