Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Our Starting 11...

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
obviously with alot of movement happening in the team.

uncertainty over the likes of Boly, Coady, Saiss, Moutinho, Neves. i wonder what our first 11 is going to look like come August.

any realistic starting 11s out there?

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Yerson Tito Ait Nouri
Dendonker Moutinho
Neto Gibbs White Podence
Raul

That’s if Fosun and recruitment perform to the standard of the last two windows . I obviously hope for much much more but won’t hold my breath .

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Sa
RAN
Kilman
Semedo
Neto

The rest are up for debate I’d add Jonny to this but I just think he will get moved on for some reason in the back of my mind, hope not as him, RAN and Semedo are excellent options for both fullback slots.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Killman Coady Toti
Semado Donk Moutinho RAN
Podence Jimenez Neto
Add in 3 new decent players, something like Celeta-car for Toti, Palhinha for Donk, Guedes for Podence and I think we have a good team.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
z.png

Keep the pace, energy and aggression of the above, and add more to replace the slow passivity of those leaving, and that's a decent top 10 team still. No one can replace Neves' quality, but bolstering midfield with strength and drive instead and placing the creative emphasis higher up the pitch will compensate.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 28117

Keep the pace, energy and aggression of the above, and add more to replace the slow passivity of those leaving, and that's a decent top 10 team still. No one can replace Neves' quality, but bolstering midfield with strength and drive instead and placing the creative emphasis higher up the pitch will compensate.
Not sure of the players but this is the system we need to be moving towards. I also agree will require at least 1 new CB and 2 New CM’s assuming Neves is gone.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
New CB
Kilman
RAN

(New) Pahlinha

Neto
Moutinho
New ACM
Podence

Jimenez or New CF

4-1-4-1

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
11 from the "Play and Learn Day Nursery"

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 28117

I like that side, but I'm not sure about RAN as a full back? Him and Neto are our most promising lads, I honestly think the sky's the limit for both, but I see RAN as a wing back or winger rather than a solid full back. Also Moutinho could be one of those CMs. I'd also like Coady to have a chance to show he can play CB, I'm 50/50 on it, he provably doesn't have the pace on the turn but who knows?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
RAN
Kilman
Semedo
Neto

The rest are up for debate I’d add Jonny to this but I just think he will get moved on for some reason in the back of my mind, hope not as him, RAN and Semedo are excellent options for both fullback slots.

Given Neves is off, they’re exactly the same five that I’d be building around next year.

As for a guess at a ‘realistic’ starting XI…

Sa
Caleta-Car, Coady, Kilman
Semedo, Palhinha, Gonzalez, RAN
Rafa Silva, Maxi Gomez, Neto

Or if 4 at the back

Semedo, Caleta-Car, Kilman, RAN
Palhinha, Gonzalez
Rafa Silva, Podence, Neto
Maxi Gomez

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Bolla Kilman Toti RAN
Camara Almedia Palhinha
MGW Neto
Gyokeres

I can see Semedo / Jonny being sold along with Coady, Adama, Dendoncker, Neves & Raul

Camara 15m Palhinha 25m Almedia 10m Gyokeres 7m

looks quite a poacher

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Given Neves is off, they’re exactly the same five that I’d be building around next year.

As for a guess at a ‘realistic’ starting XI…

Sa
Caleta-Car, Coady, Kilman
Semedo, Palhinha, Gonzalez, RAN
Rafa Silva, Maxi Gomez, Neto

Or if 4 at the back

Semedo, Caleta-Car, Kilman, RAN
Palhinha, Gonzalez
Rafa Silva, Podence, Neto
Maxi Gomez
As you say given Neves is off I agree with you on both sides but I just think Rafa Silva, will be Guedes and Caleta-car will be Milenkovic. I think Maxi Gomez is a good shout but, I also think a young target man will be bought in.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
-----------------------Sa-------------------------
-Semedo-----New CB-------Kilman--------Jonny--
-------------New CM-------New CM-------------
-Podence----------Gibbs-White------------Neto--
---------------------New ST---------------------

Or:

-----------------------Sa--------------------------
---------New CB-----Coady---Kilman--------------
-Semedo--------------------------------Ait-Nouri-
------------New CM-------New CM----------------
-Podence----------------------------------Neto--
---------------------New ST----------------------

This is how I see it at the moment with regards new players in the starting line up of course there will be tweaks as the season goes with formations especially if we stay five at the back (I'd rather not but think we will tbh) as Gibbs-White could go in a three man midfield and play Neto up top with another for example...

I just feel with so much experience going out the side (Neves, Moutinho and Saiss) I just feel they won't want to lose Coady's leadership on top of that as well..

MontyR

Reaction score
No one wants to see Fabiolous leading the attack?
I’d like to see him in a 2 up front with (if he stays) MGW behind.

Could see something like this doing well next year without breaking the bank. No chance we get Vitinha though. If Neves is truly gone then invest in a DM and a quality CB

C1403A37-66AD-4A61-ACBA-73AE6E693DE1.jpeg

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Could see something like this doing well next year without breaking the bank. No chance we get Vitinha though. If Neves is truly gone then invest in a DM and a quality CB

View attachment 28132
Palhinha as a left midfielder? Ok I suppose it’s all about opinions but that’s definitely left field.

MontyR

Reaction score
Palhinha as a left midfielder? Ok I suppose it’s all about opinions but that’s definitely left field.
wouldn’t pay too much attention to the formation, I just happened to have it open. Idea would be for Nouri to play as the attacking fullback on the left side, rather than palhinha covering those areas

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
RAN
Kilman
Semedo
Neto

Yep we are of the same mind.... But I think it could be either of Semedo or Jonny moving on.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 28117

I think 4 is about right. My hope is:

CB
CDM Palhinha
CM Nico
CF

View attachment 28132
Where to start...
1. Neves is off, and MGW most likely
2. Vitinha left us a year ago, not coming back
3. Palhinha is a slow CDM, not a winger/left sided midfielder
4. Fabio should not be our main striker

Apart from that it's fine.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

View attachment 28117

Tbf 4 is about right but Bruno also said he wants ones to replace who leave, so it could be more.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa/ new Chicago fire lad

Semedo/bolla
New /Mosquera
New/Kilman/toti
Jonny/ran

New /moutinho or new
New /cundle

New/chiq
New /MGW (not convinced)
Neto/podence

New/silva

Big rebuild needed and glad fosun are sorting the revamp . Exciting summer ahead …………….hopefully !!

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
LINEUP111653844120504.png

Sell/Release/Loan - Ruddy, Mosquera, Boly, Saiss, Hoever, Marcal, Neves, Moutinho, Cundle, Traore, Hwang, Cutrone, Campana, Dadashov, Bolla, Giles, Sanderson, Corbeanu, Ronan, Kawabe etc.

Got to be a few £mill in that lot in value and wages to fund five incomings.

Last edited:

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Kilman Coady Bueno
Moutinho Dendoncker
Podence Gibbs-White Neto
Jimenez

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slight tweak to our formation and rather than a 523 move to a more 343 so the wing backs are far more advanced almost like a RM/LM and wide attackers play more central like 10's to free up the wide space for the wing backs to do the crossing.

Sa
JC Tobido - Coady - D. Carmo
Semedo - Palhihna - Nico G. - G. Arana
Rafa Silva - G. Guedes
Maxi Gomez

G. Bazunu
Kilman - J. Denayer - Toti G.
Chiquinho - C. Doucoure - M. Neto - RAN
P. Neto - Hwang
L. Ajorque

+ M. Sarkic, Y. Mosquera, Gui G., A. Almeida, Cundle, F. Silva

Buy - Bazunu(£8mil), Denayer(Free), Tobido(£25mil), Carmo(£20mil), Palhihna(£20mil), Nico(Loan to buy), Doucoure(£15mil), M. Neto(Free), Arana(£10mil), R. Silva(£25mil), Guedes(£20mil), Gui & Almeida(£8mil), M. Gomez(£15mil), Ajorque(£12mil). Total - £178mil

Sell - Neves(£50mil), Dendoncker(£25mil), Podence(£20mil), Gibbs-White(£20mil), Jonny(£20mil), Adama(£20mil), Jimenez(£15mil), Vinagre(£7.5mil), Boly(£5mil), Sanderson(£5mil), Giles(£5mil), Hoever(Loan), Bolla(Loan) + players such as Cutrone, Shabani, Jordao, Ronan, Campana, Dadashov to be sold. Total - £192.5mil (plus unvalued players)​

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slight tweak to our formation and rather than a 523 move to a more 343 so the wing backs are far more advanced almost like a RM/LM and wide attackers play more central like 10's to free up the wide space for the wing backs to do the crossing.

Sa
Rafa Silva - G. Guedes
Maxi Gomez

G. Bazunu
P. Neto - Hwang
L. Ajorque

Buy - Bazunu(£8mil), Denayer(Free), Tobido(£25mil), Carmo(£20mil), Palhihna(£20mil), Nico(Loan to buy), Doucoure(£15mil), M. Neto(Free), Arana(£10mil), R. Silva(£25mil), Guedes(£20mil), Gui & Almeida(£8mil), M. Gomez(£15mil), Ajorque(£12mil). Total - £178mil

Sell - Neves(£50mil), Dendoncker(£25mil), Podence(£20mil), Gibbs-White(£20mil), Jonny(£20mil), Adama(£20mil), Jimenez(£15mil), Vinagre(£7.5mil), Boly(£5mil), Sanderson(£5mil), Giles(£5mil), Hoever(Loan), Bolla(Loan) + players such as Cutrone, Shabani, Jordao, Ronan, Campana, Dadashov to be sold. Total - £192.5mil (plus unvalued players)​
thanks Jeff…..always making a profit……definitely some interesting names in there although having only 3 players in main team and swapping 8 is too many for me.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Rafa Silva - G. Guedes
Maxi Gomez

G. Bazunu
P. Neto - Hwang
L. Ajorque

Jeez, someone has been playing too many computer games.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Sa
Rafa Silva - G. Guedes
Maxi Gomez

G. Bazunu
P. Neto - Hwang
L. Ajorque

We'd be lucky to get half that in sales & 14 new players in is lunacy

Back
Top Bottom