Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Our best match day team / subs

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just my view

But does anyone seriously believe relegation is a possibility?

Sa

Jonny Collins Kilman Ait- Nouri

Neves Moutinho

Neto Podence Gibbs- White

Raul

Subs from - ( AS IT STANDS )

Coady
Semedo
Dendoncker
Traore
Toti
Sarkic
Cundle
Boly
Hwang Hee-Chan
Campbell
Mosquera

And yes of course there obviously not including a a couple of NEW signings, sales out and any injuries and we are flexible to switch to a 5.

Last edited:

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Neves and Raul get injured we are in trouble if that is to be the squad. Got plenty of options for defence but as I think every fan agrees we are a CM and CF short

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
As it stands out team will finish anywhere between 7th-14th, depending on how lucky we get with injuries.

I don’t think we’re far off from having a team that could seriously push higher than that, I mean let’s be fair this current group of players looked like they’d finish in the top 7 last season until they lost momentum and fell away.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just my view

But does anyone seriously believe relegation is a possibility?

Sa

Jonny Collins Kilman Ait- Nouri

Neves Moutinho

Neto Podence Gibbs- White

Raul

Subs from - ( AS IT STANDS )

Coady
Semedo
Dendoncker
Traore
Toti
Sarkic
Cundle
Boly
Hwang Hee-Chan
Campbell
Mosquera

And yes of course there obviously not including a a couple of NEW signings, sales out and any injuries and we are flexible to switch to a 5.

Collins apart this squad is reduced .
The x ingredients are confidence and fitness .
But if any one of six players get injured , yes I can see difficulties. No player of the quality of Saiss Marcal Hoever Chinquinho or Trincao to cover.
That is frightening.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As it stands out team will finish anywhere between 7th-14th, depending on how lucky we get with injuries.

I don’t think we’re far off from having a team that could seriously push higher than that, I mean let’s be fair this current group of players looked like they’d finish in the top 7 last season until they lost momentum and fell away.
This is completely it for me

Barring the unluckiest run of serious injuries to key players this squad is never getting close to relegation, despite what some love to tell you on here

And a couple of good signings from here could see us challenging for 6th or 7th.

And if we can successfully transition to the back 4, it will be an entertaining season too

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly thought so at the end of the season. However now we have MGW, NC and Neto and Podence fit we look a different prospect. If we sold Neves or MGW that would be a body blow of course.
As well as the actual players the system change is a big factor. I liken us to a team that has smashed the championship, scoring for fun, but its still unclear if it will be successful at the higher level. Fairly certain we will see more goals though, for and against, so at least it will be fun.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly what I think Jade.

Relegation isn't a serious concern - as it hasn't been since we went up - but any side from 7th down can have an abysmal run of form and fall swiftly down the table.

We are two players away from a very very special team imo.

As others have said, I'd like some fun this season. The grindy football has drained me.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top 10 first 11 but with injuries the squad depth is abit lacking in quality imo

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bruno Lage is exclusively training his Wolverhampton Wanderers players in a back four, BirminghamLive can reveal.

The Wolves head coach has long planned to transition to a back four, having been forced to scrap it last pre-season amid fears his defenders didn’t have time to adapt. But Lage recalled his players one week earlier than planned to begin preparation for 2022/23, on June 26, so that he could relentlessly drill them in their new 4-3-3 shape.

Lage is so transfixed on making his defenders comfortable in their new shape that he hasn’t designated a single minute of pre-season training to working on a back three. He believes Wolves’ central defenders are so comfortable in that system that training is no longer imperative. Lage wants to play a back four, with the flexibility of switching to a back three.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s just the squad depth/competition that is the worry. I’m a bit concerned with the number of injuries we have/are picking up too. Sa, Sarkic, Semedo, Chiquinho, Adama, Hwang, Raul, Campbell have now all missed pre season minutes due to injury. In a small squad, that is a hell of a lot! A striker and central midfielder will make me a lot more optimistic about the season ahead, until we get those I will remain concerned.

Stourwolf

Reaction score

This is so true.we are so close to having very good squad with maybe 2 good additions.unfortunately we never seem to do it though.as it it a few injuries and it could be a tough season.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as injures go depends how long players are out for, think we have backup players who are OK to fill in for a few weeks, but if we get any long term injuries or dip in form from first choice then we are light on real competition for a few positions

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are a good striker away from top 10. As it is, we have a squad that will play exciting football up until the box, then our lack of options will see us pass backwards and confidence will start to drain. This is the story of our last couple of seasons. Raul is not, sadly, back to what he was and God help us even more if he gets injured. We are very close to being a really good side. It will be almost criminal if we don't get a good goalscorer. However, shi and Sellars aren't stupid, they must know this. Every team wants a good striker, maybe they can't find one who wants to come. Which makes sending Fabio out on loan even crazier.
Sigh.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw someone say on Twitter that if everyone stays fit we could get Europe and if we suffer a few injuries we could go down. It’s bang on, in my opinion, and similar to what those above say.

If we suffer injuries to the spine of our team then you could make a case to say we have the worst options in the leagues coming in.

I’m not knocking Sarkic but his pedigree is basically 23 games with Birmingham. He did well but we don’t know he’s good enough.

Coady in a back four I don’t think plays in the Championship. So an injury to Collins or Kilman and the reality is we probably change our system. No way one injury causes a team to change the system, it’s quite laughable really.

In midfield we are one or two injuries away from playing Ronan. Yes he’s done okay in pre-season but he played for St Mirren last season, I think he can have a decent career in the Championship but that’s about it.

Raul is out and we probably play Hwang. Sat no more.

So if one, two or three of those things happen for a 5-10 game period then we’d be massively disadvantaged, in my opinion, and relegation would be a real possibility because this league is crazy this season.

If the spine of the team stays fit I think we could push top ten and maybe get 7th. I don’t for example think West Ham’s best XI is better than that.

If we’re realistic, injuries happen and we’d probably finish between 12th-15th as it stands.

Over to you Fosun, strengthen with the two or three we need and we probably won’t have to look over our shoulder and could have a memorable team/season.

Operate sell to buy and we’re a few injuries away from being in a massive relegation scrap.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins killman RAN
Donk Neves Moutinho
Guedes Jimenez Neto
Sarkic, Jonny, Boly, Gomes, Ronan, Cundle, Podence, MGW, Hwang.

Not much wrong with that 20.
Swap one of the wide forwards for a proper central striker and upgrade one of the backup midfielders and we would be in exceptionally good order.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listening to 5 live yesterday and they were saying that Man City have 16 senior outfield players available and the rest are U23s/21s (admittedly very good ones).

Looking at our squad we are still short but not by much. We need at least one midfielder, possibly 2 and possibly a back up to Raul although Guedes may be able to that. I would still prefer a Raul back up who can come off the bench, maybe Batman or Hwang 2. Even without them we now have more depth in the forward line than we have ever had in the Premier League and you could argue that potentially it’s one of the most exciting outside the top 6.

In our first season back we essentially had Jota and Raul with occasional cameos from Cav. 2nd season Jota, Raul and Adama with cameos from Neto and later Podence. Third Season, most of it was Neto and Adama (Jose doesn’t count) with some support from Fabio the rest injured for major periods. Last season was better but still impacted by injury, a misfiring Raul and an unfit Neto. Potentially we could now perm 3/4 from Neto, Podence, MGW, Hwang, Raul, Guedes and Adama. Whilst Adama might go we may get a back up to Raul. Basically means we can change the forward line during a game and change the dynamic and cover for injuries.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins killman RAN
Donk Neves Moutinho
Guedes Jimenez Neto
Sarkic, Jonny, Boly, Gomes, Ronan, Cundle, Podence, MGW, Hwang.

Not much wrong with that 20.
Swap one of the wide forwards for a proper central striker and upgrade one of the backup midfielders and we would be in exceptionally good order.
Ronan or cundle need upgrading to dendoncker , with a new midfielder starting

It will probably be a new striker instead of Mgw too

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, RAN
Neves, Moutinho
Traore, Guedes, Neto
Jimenez

Sarkic, Jonny, Boly, Dendoncker, Hodge, Podence, MGW, Campbell, Hwang

Back