Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Our Academy players- Pre Season

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my opinion this could be a big pre season for a few of our young players.

Make a really good impact and some could work their way into the first team squad.

I dont count MGW, Cundle, Fabio, Mosquera as they are already first team squad members along with Sarkic and Bolla who may come back from Grasshoppers.

Who does anyone think could make an impact?

A few I will be watching out for are,

Shabani, attacking central midfield player with excellent quality who has been hampered by injury
Given a chance and if he stays fit maybe he could shine in pre season.

Hugo Bueno and Ryan Giles. With Marcal gone both of these very talented left wing backs could stake a claim for a first team squad place next season

Nigel Lonwijk, Christian Marques. Both very promising centre backs who could well be involved in the squad in pre season.

Dexter Lembikisa. Energetic, quick and skill full right wing back who made a big impression in the u23's last season.

Joe Hodge. Really came into his own last season in central midfield towards the end of the campaign after being injured for months. Looks a very talented player
and with central midfield options light he could get a chance.
Harvey Griffiths. Another who impressed in the u23's and u18's last season. Tall and imposing and good on the ball.

Chem Campbell/ Theo Corbeanu. Both highly talented wingers. Could both find it hard to break into the squad due to the amount of attacking wingers we have.

Tyler Roberts, Lee Harkin, Nathan Fraser. All very talented strikers in their own way. Fraser in particular is a player I could see breaking through due to his physique and all round talent. Harkin although small in stature never gives up and is quick and skill full and had a good second half of the season for the u23's last season. Tyler Roberts is an explosive player with pace to burn and also strong. Had an excellent campaign for the u18's last season.

I may have missed a few out but we do have some very good young players and I am sure some will get a chance this pre season. Of course we do need signings but will be interesting to see how some of these lads and others get on in pre season.

My left field tip is Nathan Fraser to be around the first team squad in pre season. Also have a feeling a fully fit Shabani could be an asset.

Sorry for the long winded post but thought this was all worth mentioning with pre season starting at the end of this month.

Belfast Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Make a really good impact and some could work their way into the first team squad.

I dont count MGW, Cundle, Fabio, Mosquera as they are already first team squad members along with Sarkic and Bolla who may come back from Grasshoppers.

Shabani, attacking central midfield player with excellent quality who has been hampered by injury

Hugo Bueno and Ryan Giles. With Marcal gone both of these very talented left wing backs could stake a claim for a first team squad place next season

Nigel Lonwijk, Christian Marques. Both very promising centre backs who could well be involved in the squad in pre season.

Dexter Lembikisa. Energetic, quick and skill full right wing back who made a big impression in the u23's last season.

Joe Hodge. Really came into his own last season in central midfield towards the end of the campaign after being injured for months. Looks a very talented player
Harvey Griffiths. Another who impressed in the u23's and u18's last season. Tall and imposing and good on the ball.

Chem Campbell/ Theo Corbeanu. Both highly talented wingers. Could both find it hard to break into the squad due to the amount of attacking wingers we have.

Tyler Roberts, Lee Harkin, Nathan Fraser. All very talented strikers in their own way. Fraser in particular is a player I could see breaking through due to his physique and all round talent. Harkin although small in stature never gives up and is quick and skill full and had a good second half of the season for the u23's last season. Tyler Roberts is an explosive player with pace to burn and also strong. Had an excellent campaign for the u18's last season.

I may have missed a few out but we do have some very good young players and I am sure some will get a chance this pre season. Of course we do need signings but will be interesting to see how some of these lads and others get on in pre season.

My left field tip is Nathan Fraser to be around the first team squad in pre season. Also have a feeling a fully fit Shabani could be an asset.

Sorry for the long winded post but thought this was all worth mentioning with pre season starting at the end of this month.
Ollie Tipton looks a decent prospect

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I haven't seen as much of the u23's as i'd like as always find the camer-work really wobbly and off-putting on the coverage. Wish they'd sort it out a bit. But Campbell has slways looked promising to me. I know he has flirted with first team appearances and i think his time has come for a good loan, as i dont recsll him going out yet.

I think Corbeanu has done quite well on loan and maybe another 6 months in league 1, playing regularly, would be good for him.

I think either Bueno or Giles has the most chance of being involved in 1st team due to Marcal leaving, guess that maybe deoends on Bolla and if there are any outgoings at wb/fb. Also figured Giles was more of a winger than lb, and used at wb due to the system.

Shabani could be an interesting one.

There are certainly some prospects. Need to make good decisions on their next steps

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I like the look of Giles. It's a pity his loan at Cardiff ended as he was tearing it up.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would include Cundle on your list. Although he has made a number of first team appearances, it would appear to be a rite of passage for Wolves fans to blow hot and cold about academy players coming into the team. Because he is young and inexperienced he will take time to adjust as a Premiership player. If he gets appearances this season, I anticipate they will be few and far between some of our fans will get at him for the mistakes he may make/performances he puts in as he seeks to adjust to the higher standard.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before his injury Shabani did look good, but k the two games I have seen he looked well off the pace and it would be a huge task for him to break into the squad.

Hodge, Bueno, Roberts looks the most talented to me and closer to 1st team capable - but it's a massive step up.

Giles may be better as a winger than a wing-back.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the look of Giles. It's a pity his loan at Cardiff ended as he was tearing it up.
Having only seen him for the U21's I would agree with Jos that he looks more of a winger / wide midfielder than a wing-back. Not as impressed with him as I have been with Bueno to be honest, but that's on limited viewing and reports from his loan were good.
Edit; (Sorry it was Cannock who made the winger assessment.)

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Chem Campbell is an interesting one, bags of ability but seems short on desire to me. If he gets that sorted he could go a long way

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would include Cundle on your list. Although he has made a number of first team appearances, it would appear to be a rite of passage for Wolves fans to blow hot and cold about academy players coming into the team. Because he is young and inexperienced he will take time to adjust as a Premiership player. If he gets appearances this season, I anticipate they will be few and far between some of our fans will get at him for the mistakes he may make/performances he puts in as he seeks to adjust to the higher standard.
If we are rebuilding the midfield this window a loan might be the best option for Cundle. He is unlikely to get game time ahead of the Portuguese contingent.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very promising but I think a few of the lads I mentioned above maybe ahead of him but he is younger and very highly rated.
Yes, one who I look forward to seeing more of in the 23's if the other young centre backs stay in first team contention, or are loaned out. Should improve as he matures physically. Certainly displays confidence.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am assuming we will get live stream again this year for U23? Has anyone seen it confirmed? I have enjoyed some of the games more than watching the first team, especially at the end of the season. Some really good examples of how our "system" can be attacking and entertaining." One of the highlights for me however was seeing Chiquiniio make his debut, at a miners welfare ground in the North East on a bitterly cold and damp evening. Must have been quite a shock to him going from Estoril to that!

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely....

Some of them should be thinking that this pre-season is a real opportunity to impress.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Chem Campbell is an interesting one, bags of ability but seems short on desire to me. If he gets that sorted he could go a long way
I read somewhere that the u23 manager said that he’s really turned that around in the last six months.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine the plan is already done as to what will happen to the academy players next year. Cundle aside as that was down to numbers it looks like the pathway is to find your feet in the u23’s then go on loan and play senior football. The like of Campbell, Bueno, Hodge are the next in line to go and get some senior game time somewhere.

Wouldn’t be suprised to see Sanderson sold either for the right money. Personally think his ceiling is lower than the likes of Lonwijk, Marques and Hubner who are already behind Toti and Mosquera.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends on his injury problems but I have always been impressed with Lewis Richards.. Its also about time we had another great Richards in our team. :D

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I might be in the minority but I really don't get the hype about Marques. He is OK but I don't see him as some sort of stand out premier league certainty - I have been more impressed with Tipton and before he went out on loan Lonwijk.

The two I think are the stand outs are Hodge and Bueno.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I might be in the minority but I really don't get the hype about Marques. He is OK but I don't see him as some sort of stand out premier league certainty - I have been more impressed with Tipton and before he went out on loan Lonwijk.

The two I think are the stand outs are Hodge and Bueno.

Agree with your sentiments entirely, but I might add that I think Lage and some of us would like to take a look at Connor Ronan during pre season just to see where he is at these days.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with your sentiments entirely, but I might add that I think Lage and some of us would like to take a look at Connor Ronan during pre season just to see where he is at these days.
I'd guess he could be in Edinburgh, or Aberdeen by then.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

We might be playing them pre season at this rate.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s a great analysis there Jos, think you’ve picked out the main runners and riders.

I suspect with our small squad approach plus the 5 subs rule we will be seeing some of those get first team action

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't 23 significant for overseas players ...don't you have to be officially announced in the squad in the 17 overseas players... shabani n jordao are 23.......not sure if they qualify for homegrown........as they have been here 3 seasons but if they don't they will surely be off...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't 23 significant for overseas players ...don't you have to be officially announced in the squad in the 17 overseas players... shabani n jordao are 23.......not sure if they qualify for homegrown........as they have been here 3 seasons but if they don't they will surely be off...

I would hazard a guess both will go out on loan if they arent part of the first team squad next season.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would hazard a guess both will go out on loan if they arent part of the first team squad next season.
Sold I would say.....if we can get a fee....jordao will go to Portugal I reckon....unless they both go grasshoppers.....shabani is a possibility for grasshoppers....

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sold I would say.....if we can get a fee....jordao will go to Portugal I reckon....unless they both go grasshoppers.....shabani is a possibility for grasshoppers....
Grasshoppers would be ideal for Shabani… if they didn’t already have Kawabe.

He could either play in Kawabe’s spot or preferably if they changed formation. They wouldn’t play Shabani and Kawabe as they need two defensive midfielders to allow Kawabe freedom to get forward

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like us to sign a couple for the u23s next season, like we did with Hodge n Griffith's last summer....would like us to look for a striker....... mentioned before if Reyes Cleary is leaving the Albion would take a look at him...

It's difficult but I don't think we should loan to many out as well.... obviously Campbell needs a loan...think loans for Bueno and hubner for instance, may be too early and would like them to be in a competitive team in the higher league....it's difficult granted cause eventually all will probably need a loan out......

Back
Top Bottom