Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was the point, Don Goodman never played above Championship level again...even with his link play and ability to jump high to win headers, he actually became a foil instead of the main striker..
Ah ok sorry mate…. But yeah he wasn’t close the same player after the injury bug caught him…..

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
is he still with the club or joined the bomb squad with Cutrone and Bonatini?
Gone quiet, not heard anything since the squad were in Spain.
Not sure if Adama is actually back at Compton training, or still in Spain having treatment on his injury?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very thoughtful, considered and measured yet there are those on here who have suggested that Adama is unintelligent.

The is a difference from being an intelligent person and lacking a football brain.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One day you hear he’s back in training and the next day he’s off on his holidays.

Jacthelad

Reaction score
Not sure if Adama is actually back at Compton training, or still in Spain having treatment on his injury?
He was at the open training day last week. He said hello to my kids as he cane out of the changing room. But then disappeared so i take it is training separate from the team

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
He was at the open training day last week. He said hello to my kids as he came out of the changing room. But then disappeared so i take it is training separate from the team
Thanks for the update on Adama, Jacthelad.

WTID!

Reaction score
Definitely came back from Spain with the Team, as he was sat next to me in the Nuffield on the Monday Evening in the X-ray Department.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely came back from Spain with the Team, as he was sat next to me in the Nuffield on the Monday Evening in the X-ray Department.
Did you speak to him?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didnt fly out of the country a few days ago and there was something with him on Instagram with him on a Yacht.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is going on ? Is he injured or just awaiting a transfer ?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hamstring injury should be back for the Spurs game.
Maybe you’re right but I felt that the ham injury was exaggerated a bit as a ‘diplomatic’ cover for him. His head might not be in a good place after being rejected by Barca and no bids coming in for him,( as far as we know). His confidence must have taken quite a bruising………hope he comes good, for us or somebody else.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get the Adama situation at all. Surely he's worth 8-10 mil to another club ?
Looked at the other way is he really worth 8-10m, plus his wages, for us to keep him for just a year ?
As for the player, there is always a risk to being out of contract when it comes to injuries.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No insider knowledge but my personal opinion is one way or another this will be resolved in this window. He’ll either move on the last day or sign a contract. Think it will be the former, just feels like Bruno wants to freshen the squad up and Traore doesn’t look to be part of his plans.

The lads a conundrum really, I’ve said many times he’s the most exciting player I’ve seen in a wolves shirt but as time goes on those days are few and far between, the rest of the time he’s the most frustrating player I’ve seen in the shirt.

Massive cliche but what he has you can’t coach but what he’s missing doesn’t seem to be able to coach into him either. He came as a youngster to improve like so many others have but realistically is he any better than when he came in?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get the Adama situation at all. Surely he's worth 8-10 mil to another club ?
Looked at the other way is he really worth 8-10m, plus his wages, for us to keep him for just a year ?
As for the player, there is always a risk to being out of contract when it comes to injuries.
Yeah you’d think lots would want him for £10m.
Perhaps clubs holding off because he was injured?

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or does he sit out final year and go on a free. Unless a club comes in for him he wants to go to I can see that being the way forward.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No insider knowledge but my personal opinion is one way or another this will be resolved in this window. He’ll either move on the last day or sign a contract. Think it will be the former, just feels like Bruno wants to freshen the squad up and Traore doesn’t look to be part of his plans.

The lads a conundrum really, I’ve said many times he’s the most exciting player I’ve seen in a wolves shirt but as time goes on those days are few and far between, the rest of the time he’s the most frustrating player I’ve seen in the shirt.

Massive cliche but what he has you can’t coach but what he’s missing doesn’t seem to be able to coach into him either. He came as a youngster to improve like so many others have but realistically is he any better than when he came in?
I think he’s probably very much a confidence player, and that must have been dented by Barcelona. Plus the fact we clearly have refused to show that greater desire to keep him.

T

TheConcourse

Find his whole situation boring tbh. Hanging around like a bad smell now. Hopefully the MGW outcome rushes us along to sell him for a few million quid and get shut.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still hope he stays.
Me too, but only if he signs a new contract I suppose. £8-10M is still £8-10M.
I do have day dreams now about Nunes, Guedes and Traore playing fast attacking football together! And how good would that look on MoTD?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He was better briefly, but he's regressed. I wouldn't be opposed to him signing a new contract, but it'll have to be on much reduced terms to what he was trying for.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still have hopes of seeing him as he was in the first couple of games last season, running off the left through on goal but burying the chances. He looked fantastic, however with the players ahead of him it’s unlikely

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I really want to see Adama and Nunes in the same team. Nunes jinking through the midfield before sliding a pass in behind the defence for Adama to run onto would be a deadly combination. Adama was just getting into scoring form before he left for Barca.

Plus teams always have to double up on Adama and I think it will also be the case for Nunes. That will give so much space for the rest of the team.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me too, but only if he signs a new contract I suppose. £8-10M is still £8-10M.
I do have day dreams now about Nunes, Guedes and Traore playing fast attacking football together! And how good would that look on MoTD?
It would look as the goal return.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really want to see Adama and Nunes in the same team. Nunes jinking through the midfield before sliding a pass in behind the defence for Adama to run onto would be a deadly combination. Adama was just getting into scoring form before he left for Barca.

Plus teams always have to double up on Adama and I think it will also be the case for Nunes. That will give so much space for the rest of the team.

We should just get 3 World Class players, then the other 7 outfield players will only have to play against 4!!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The problem with that is that Adama very rarely anticipates the through ball, he wants/prefers the ball to feet, stops, looks at the options and then decides what he’s going to do.

Not adverse to him staying but he’s most likely going to be an impact sub and start the occasional game where circumstances suit. Therefore he’s not worth top wages contract, which is what he wants.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem with Adama is i genuinely think he thinks he is a player who should be playing for a top, top champions league club and he wont want to move on to a so called lesser club. I dont think he gets those type of clubs simply have zero interest in him at all. Seems unlike Morgan, nobody wants him even at the cheap price we could get for him.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem with Adama is i genuinely think he thinks he is a player who should be playing for a top, top champions league club and he wont want to move on to a so called lesser club. I dont think he gets those type of clubs simply have zero interest in him at all. Seems unlike Morgan, nobody wants him even at the cheap price we could get for him.
Not so sure it is him. Didn't he have a relative as his agent, until he signed for Mendez? I think he was poorly advised about his worth and prospects. I am sure he is getting better direction now, but the damage has been done, as far as his value to Wolves is concerned.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I hope we move him on to be honest. Not sure he looked ***** when he came on last game.

Back
Top Bottom