Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's my point. People don't see him as on a par. We're scraping that money because we leant him to the biggest club in the world, in a shady deal that saw us take a crap player in exchange, who had Dembele coming back: that's why he's flopped, not because of any fault of his own...
He failed at Barcelona, cause he can't play basic pass n move football....we was just hoping if we put him in that shop window, it might be better than stropping around on our bench ....it intinally worked but then traore basic football ability showed or lack of it...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Sky comms at the time talked about how few attempts on goal against us were happening inside our box. Our defence at the time was one of the best in England, statistically and by independent observation. I agree that Sa was a big part of that, but as it’s been shown in more recent times, he’s not a super hero. If the defence ahead of him allows players free headers inside the box or unchallenged shots outside, he lets some in like any decent keeper would. In the weeks since Kilman’s form dropped off even before his injury, I lost count of the number of times it was commented that our defence looked shaky, comments which were relatively limited before then.

So for me, we were solid at the back by any objective definition. We weren’t later in the season, and the same keeper played almost every game throughout.
I mean it depends on your objective measures, Xga we were no higher than midtable at any point of the season. He was playing like a super hero earlier in the year, pulled off huge saves.

The defence went from pretty good to awful, I do agree they regressed but looking back early in the year we got ripped to pieces by Leeds, even Newcastle created a couple of big chances against us, Everton at home actually had a massive chance at the end of the game from a free header Sa saved to make it 2-2, obviously Villa created tons and we nicked that result, Palace absolutely battered us and could have had 4 easily.

Norwich away we were lucky not to concede, they could have had 3 that day and they are an atrocious side.

We defended well against City/Liverpool/Chelsea playing much deeper and not really trying to attack (which is fair) - although Pool & Chelsea both did miss good chances.

We deserved to win a lot of those games, and actually created a fair few chances early in year and it's not that we were constantly being ripped apart, it is the quality of the chances we gave up.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He failed at Barcelona, cause he can't play basic pass n move football....we was just hoping if we put him in that shop window, it might be better than stropping around on our bench ....it intinally worked but then traore basic football ability showed or lack of it...
No. He 'failed' because after a good start he was pushed out of the side by Ousmane Dembele, who will next season be smashing it up in the PL for Chelsea. No shame in that.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Can't see how sitting on the bench at Barca can show a lack of ability. Messi would look **** sitting on the bench.
He only played 6 games. Got 4 assists in those.
I honestly can't see how people are missing how Traore has been used at Barca. It's so obvious.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
I have 3 premier league defenders as friends, all of them say Wolves are better team with him in the side and that his presence occupies more players and restricts their attacking intent.

Just a comment fwiw.
Interesting. So it isn't his actual threat that is a threat, it is the belief of opposition players that he is a threat and so they leave gaps everywhere else? Hmmmm. Perhaps we just need a cardboard cut-out for them to keep an eye on?

Personally I have been hugely impressed with Chiqhino from his first 5 minutes. He is fast, direct, very strong, works back, tackles, is rugged with opponents AND seems to put almost every cross into a dangerous position. Don't get me wrong - I love watching Traore at his best, but he frustrates in a way that Chiqhino doesn't! Just can't understand why Lage kept so much faith with Hwang when this lad changed the dynamic every time he came on as sub....

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of ability? Yes and that's why Adama scored in his last game at home for Wolves and last home game for Barcelona.

Same old nonsense and same old Adama bashers from the previous threads on MM about one of our most exciting Wolves players in years.

fleck1

Reaction score
With Traore I will say again I mainly judge by what the opposition do to counter us. Adama would mostly have two or three players on him. Often they would be fouling him to try to stop him. If he was as poor as some make out the oppos would not need to bother.
]If we could not make use of his play as a tactic then there is something wrong with our coaching for a match.
Also dont forget one more thing if you have a player who is rapid you need other players to be good enough and pacey enough to get iinto good positions to be effective.
Must be all them terrible coaches at Villa, Wolves, Barcelona and Spains fault, along with all them players that aren't quick enough or good enough to keep up with him. Or maybe it's Adama that isn't effective?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of ability? Yes and that's why Adama scored in his last game at home for Wolves and last home game for Barcelona.

Same old nonsense and same old Adama bashers from the previous threads on MM about one of our most exciting Wolves players in years.

To be fair, in his last Barca league game he did also make a poor clearance which led to one of the two goals they conceded in the defeat.

fleck1

Reaction score

40 games, 1 goal and 4 assist was his contribution this season to Wolves and Barcelona. I think its clutching at straws a little bit to include a goal against the A-League all stars in a post season friendly.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
40 games, 1 goal and 4 assist was his contribution this season to Wolves and Barcelona. I think its clutching at straws a little bit to include a goal against the A-League all stars in a post season friendly.
He was creating chances though it's not his fault if they get missed is it

fleck1

Reaction score
Where are we placing the blame for his string of missed one on one chances at the beginning of the season? I'm sure that is someone else's fault as well

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were a few occasions where he put it on a plate but most the time he left the attacking player with much to do with an under/over hit pass or a lofted cross the defence had time to put the kettle on before easily clearing.

Unfortunately it was Adama who had chances offered on a plate more often and he choked nine times out of ten.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's my point. People don't see him as on a par. We're scraping that money because we leant him to the biggest club in the world, in a shady deal that saw us take a crap player in exchange, who had Dembele coming back: that's why he's flopped, not because of any fault of his own...
Did you actually watch him? Bar his first few appearances his basic lack of ability to pass ,cross accurately make intelligent runs off the ball into space came sprinting to fore as quick as anything!

In a weaker league, in one of the best teams let’s answer a few objective and simple performance related questions related to the issues with the squad that meant he couldn’t shine like the majestic star that is hamstrung by wolves that he is:

Did he score more goals with better players around him like people keep saying ?

NO

Did he assist more goals being surrounded by better finishers, more options in the box and players with better movement in and around the box?

NO

His lack of ability allowed a significant club outcast and pariah in Dembele to get a chance to prove himself again. You guys think hwang gets stick and abuse on here, dembele was hated by fans who actually booed him every time he touched the ball and had upset the hierarchy of the club to boot. So that shows how quickly he lost the faith from the manager. That can only be his fault, he had everything he needed to succeed given to him and he dropped the ball and has in turn killed the power/leverage he had to demand a big wage at any club or an actual big club taking him to sue him as more than just a bench option.

But of course EVERYTHING is someone else’s fault or short coming…. Not his

To think the failure in Barca isn’t down to Traore and his lack of technical ability is comical and shows there is no ability for some to accept any fault in him!

The failure is totally down to him.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, in his last Barca league game he did also make a poor clearance which led to one of the two goals they conceded in the defeat.

Shhhh it was everyone else’s fault those bad things happened.

If the fierce adama defenders can even accept that they happened….. because he only delivers excellence and is hampered by others

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must be all them terrible coaches at Villa, Wolves, Barcelona and Spains fault, along with all them players that aren't quick enough or good enough to keep up with him. Or maybe it's Adama that isn't effective?
He was young first time at Barca and Villa. He was good enough for us to want to buy him. He was good enough for Spain to want to call him up. As I say he is good einough for the oppos to put two or three players on him.

fleck1

Reaction score
He was young first time at Barca and Villa. He was good enough for us to want to buy him. He was good enough for Spain to want to call him up. As I say he is good einough for the oppos to put two or three players on him.
He was bad enough that Spain took a look and moved on, that he started at Wolves and Barcelona and end up on both our benches? Can spin it anyway you want. He was good enough that the opposition needed to put 2 or 3 players on him but nobody wanted to buy for £15m to £20m

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He saw zero pitch time at the euros, not a single second. He also is sporadically in the Spanish squad he isn’t a constant in the squad like coady for example who isn’t a starter but is in that second tier trusted when changes are made. Adama isn’t even that for Spain.

So to say that he got call ups is fine, but they have resulted in nothing really if your looking at it. He has very few minutes for those caps so he isn’t really an option and he hasn’t made the squad for the nations cup either.

Sorry but he is a good player, but he isn’t worth the amount of salary it is rumoured he wants and he has proven in a far easier league in a far better team that he is extremely limited and for the few moments he burns a defender he is extremely wasteful in key positions due to a lack of basic technique in critical moments.

Hwang fell off a cliff with form BUT he actually wants to be here, he has scored as many goals as adama’s best season and still he gets slaughtered.

Adama is so wasteful and a turnover risk is the other reason he gets closely monitored. He loses the ball very often in dangerous positions (he has cost us multiple goals trying to run the ball out in dumb situations) sits on his ass and shouts at the ref and has a strop. Meaning we lost Possession and are a player down in defence as he isn’t getting back to retrieve it. All things Hwang and Podence get pelters for but adama slides by for being every bit as bad for it as those two.

Adama has made it clear he doesn’t want to be here, he actually DID LEAVE of his own volition for Barca and contributed **** all on the pitch before he left and we scored more goals without him on the pitch than when he was. But people defend him to the hilt, you need to get a reality check defending a guy who doesn’t want to be here and contributes very little…

People are passionately defending a guy who doesn’t want to be here and to play for their support but moan that people have critical views about him demanding we support the team and players it is hilarious double standards as how can you defend a guy who doesn’t want to be a wolf anymore???

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was bad enough that Spain took a look and moved on, that he started at Wolves and Barcelona and end up on both our benches? Can spin it anyway you want. He was good enough that the opposition needed to put 2 or 3 players on him but nobody wanted to buy for £15m to £20m
Yes the coin spins both ways. You obviously dont like him. That's fair enough.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Barca choosing not to take him permanently, I wonder if we'll retaliate in not taking Trincao? I wonder if us refusing to take Trincao has resulted in Barca sending Traore back?
If we dont sign him then we have to pay a loan fee. Whatever happens it will most likely end up with looking at a deal involving several players and Mendes deciding what he can make the most money from. Oh dear do I sound cynical?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we dont sign him then we have to pay a loan fee. Whatever happens it will most likely end up with looking at a deal involving several players and Mendes deciding what he can make the most money from. Oh dear do I sound cynical?
Just think of the alternative. The fat controller might be enquiring about Conor Washington.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players like him and MGW are the players i wanna see in our side. They only play one way and that's forward. Hate seeing the anti football we play at the mo.
But he doesn’t want to play for you and us fans….. it isn’t a secret and confirmed in the ask wolves videos he won’t sign a contract…..

So why are people defending a guy who actively pushed his way out of the club in a deal that ONLY HELPED HIM…… he quit on the club and fans but people still defend him.

He has literally done a new and far more disrespectful version of steve fletchers heads gone tweet.

The bloke needs to be jogged on and support given to people WHO ACTUALLY WANT TO BE A WOLF!

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama is the enigma that flatters to deceive.

Exciting - without question
Effective - not so much.

I keep hearing that he creates but others don't take chances - He must have played with some right donkeys his whole career, or maybe he does flatter to deceive and whilst exciting is not actually very effective.

His career stats are below (I have excluded internationals, so club only)
SeasonTeamTournamentAppsSubsTotal AppsMinsGoalsAssistsTotal Goal/AssistGames per Goal/AssistMins per Goal/Assist
2021/2022BarcelonaUEL
5​
1​
6​
356​
0​
2​
2​
3.0​
178​
2021/2022BarcelonaSLL
4​
7​
11​
379​
0​
2​
2​
5.5​
190​
2021/2022WolvesEFLC
0​
2​
2​
84​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
2021/2022WolvesEPL
10​
10​
20​
1065​
1​
0​
1​
20.0​
1065​
2020/2021WolvesEPL
28​
9​
37​
2645​
2​
2​
4​
9.3​
661​
2019/2020WolvesEPL
27​
10​
37​
2608​
4​
9​
13​
2.8​
201​
2019/2020WolvesUEL
7​
3​
10​
630​
2​
0​
2​
5.0​
315​
2018/2019WolvesEPL
8​
21​
29​
896​
1​
1​
2​
14.5​
448​
2017/2018MiddlesbroughEC
28​
8​
36​
2427​
5​
10​
15​
2.4​
162​
2016/2017Aston VillaEC
0​
1​
1​
16​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
2016/2017MiddlesbroughEPL
16​
11​
27​
1537​
0​
1​
1​
27.0​
1537​
2015/2016Aston VillaEPL
0​
10​
10​
184​
0​
1​
1​
10.0​
184​
2013/2014BarcelonaSLL
0​
1​
1​
7​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
2013/2014BarcelonaUCL
0​
1​
1​
8​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
133​
95​
228​
12842​
15​
28​
43​
5.3​
299​

He has a goal/assist every 5.3 appearances or every 299 minutes played

Looking at the stats they are also inflated by 2 good seasons Middlesbrough 17/18 and Wolves19/20

If you exclude those 2 seasons it is a goal/assist every 11.2 appearances or every 552 minutes
SeasonTeamTournamentAppsSubsTotal AppsMinsGoalsAssistsTotal Goal/AssistGames per Goal/AssistMins per Goal/Assist
2021/2022BarcelonaUEL
5​
1​
6​
356​
0​
2​
2​
3.0​
178​
2021/2022BarcelonaSLL
4​
7​
11​
379​
0​
2​
2​
5.5​
190​
2021/2022WolvesEFLC
0​
2​
2​
84​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
2021/2022WolvesEPL
10​
10​
20​
1065​
1​
0​
1​
20.0​
1065​
2020/2021WolvesEPL
28​
9​
37​
2645​
2​
2​
4​
9.3​
661​
2018/2019WolvesEPL
8​
21​
29​
896​
1​
1​
2​
14.5​
448​
2016/2017Aston VillaEC
0​
1​
1​
16​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
16​
11​
27​
1537​
0​
1​
1​
27.0​
1537​
2015/2016Aston VillaEPL
0​
10​
10​
184​
0​
1​
1​
10.0​
184​
2013/2014BarcelonaSLL
0​
1​
1​
7​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
2013/2014BarcelonaUCL
0​
1​
1​
8​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
71​
74​
145​
7177​
4​
9​
13​
11.2​
552​

As I've said he is genuinely bums off seat excitement and box office- but is that what we need?
Personally I don't see losing him as a massive loss, and if we manage to get £12 -20m for him, we should snap their hands off.

Raymont

Reaction score
Adama was my first kit, and easily my favorite player to watch those first three years back up. If he was satisfied with impact sub minutes and impact sub wages, I'd love for him to stay. But he isn't , and hasn't come close to earning more of either.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the stats @Leominster_Wolf.

Though it won't convince anyone who believes it's his presence that is the main thing, as it frees up other players to do the business.

So, as I said, much appreciated. But to convince the Adama fans, can you please produce the same stats (i.e. Goals & Assists per 90) for every player he's ever played with in his entire career, playing alongside him and not, colour coded and fully referenced? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

(you can skip the internationals, that should shave a couple of years off the task)

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Adama is the enigma that flatters to deceive.

Exciting - without question
Effective - not so much.

I keep hearing that he creates but others don't take chances - He must have played with some right donkeys his whole career, or maybe he does flatter to deceive and whilst exciting is not actually very effective.

His career stats are below (I have excluded internationals, so club only)
2021/2022BarcelonaUEL
5​
1​
6​
356​
0​
2​
2​
3.0​
178​
2021/2022BarcelonaSLL
4​
7​
11​
379​
0​
2​
2​
5.5​
190​
2021/2022WolvesEFLC
0​
2​
2​
84​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
2021/2022WolvesEPL
10​
10​
20​
1065​
1​
0​
1​
20.0​
1065​
2020/2021WolvesEPL
28​
9​
37​
2645​
2​
2​
4​
9.3​
661​
2019/2020WolvesEPL
27​
10​
37​
2608​
4​
9​
13​
2.8​
201​
2019/2020WolvesUEL
7​
3​
10​
630​
2​
0​
2​
5.0​
315​
2018/2019WolvesEPL
8​
21​
29​
896​
1​
1​
2​
14.5​
448​
2017/2018MiddlesbroughEC
28​
8​
36​
2427​
5​
10​
15​
2.4​
162​
2016/2017Aston VillaEC
0​
1​
1​
16​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
16​
11​
27​
1537​
0​
1​
1​
27.0​
1537​
2015/2016Aston VillaEPL
0​
10​
10​
184​
0​
1​
1​
10.0​
184​
2013/2014BarcelonaSLL
0​
1​
1​
7​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
2013/2014BarcelonaUCL
0​
1​
1​
8​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
133​
95​
228​
12842​
15​
28​
43​
5.3​
299​

He has a goal/assist every 5.3 appearances or every 299 minutes played

Looking at the stats they are also inflated by 2 good seasons Middlesbrough 17/18 and Wolves19/20

If you exclude those 2 seasons it is a goal/assist every 11.2 appearances or every 552 minutes
2021/2022BarcelonaUEL
5​
1​
6​
356​
0​
2​
2​
3.0​
178​
2021/2022BarcelonaSLL
4​
7​
11​
379​
0​
2​
2​
5.5​
190​
2021/2022WolvesEFLC
0​
2​
2​
84​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
2021/2022WolvesEPL
10​
10​
20​
1065​
1​
0​
1​
20.0​
1065​
2020/2021WolvesEPL
28​
9​
37​
2645​
2​
2​
4​
9.3​
661​
2018/2019WolvesEPL
8​
21​
29​
896​
1​
1​
2​
14.5​
448​
2016/2017Aston VillaEC
0​
1​
1​
16​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
16​
11​
27​
1537​
0​
1​
1​
27.0​
1537​
2015/2016Aston VillaEPL
0​
10​
10​
184​
0​
1​
1​
10.0​
184​
2013/2014BarcelonaSLL
0​
1​
1​
7​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
2013/2014BarcelonaUCL
0​
1​
1​
8​
0​
0​
0​
0.0​
0​
71​
74​
145​
7177​
4​
9​
13​
11.2​
552​

As I've said he is genuinely bums off seat excitement and box office- but is that what we need?
Personally I don't see losing him as a massive loss, and if we manage to get £12 -20m for him, we should snap their hands off.
Bit you can’t exclude his good seasons? Why don’t we exclude his bad seasons?

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As this would leave very few stats to use..
Oh come on he had a couple of seasons for us where he was brilliant and touted as a 70mill player. He was unplayable. I’ve certainly missed the excitement he brought and that’s what I pay my money for. I’d welcome him back in a heart beat especially watching the drivel served up over the last 5 months.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit you can’t exclude his good seasons? Why don’t we exclude his bad seasons?
I didn't - they were all there in the first table - which is all seasons
My point was that the TWO good seasons artificially inflated the stats, without them they were significantly poorer - hence the second table
One - or two in this case - swallows does not a summer make

fleck1

Reaction score
Oh come on he had a couple of seasons for us where he was brilliant and touted as a 70mill player. He was unplayable. I’ve certainly missed the excitement he brought and that’s what I pay my money for. I’d welcome him back in a heart beat especially watching the drivel served up over the last 5 months.
one and not even full season, a purple patch back end of 2019 beginning of 2020. The excitement rapidly died once we realised it very rarely came to anything.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not a great fan of Traore He has the potential to be exciting a points in every game but with little end result and in my view he doesn't work for the team unit. To say he has failed at Barca though is unfair...he has been sold a pipe dream by his boyhood club, did well initially only to find that he has been brought in as leverage to get Dembele back on the pitch / moderate his demands.

Back
Top Bottom