Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
We offered him 100k a week to stay, up from 40k

Thing is he was a free agent. A 2 year contract at 100k a week means you're getting him all in for £10m. Compare that with buying someone for £6m and then paying them £40k a week. Are you going to get a player like Adama for that? OK he's not been value due to injury, but running his contract down got him a big wage.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last edited:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don’t know that he thought that at all, unless he told you that himself.

And, iirc, nobody knows how much Wolves offered him or how much he wanted.

My recollection was there was a lot of talk, in the media too, from pretty much the Lage era onwards that Wolves had offered him a substantially improved deal and he was holding out.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard the boos Saturday, albeit it was a very small minority it’s still ridiculous in my mind. He did nothing wrong in the way he left and he gave us some great moments in a wolves shirt (unfortunately not enough of them for his talent) , always came across as a real pro so he gets no hate from me at all. Similar to Jota I can’t get my head round booing him.
It’s crazy and stupid. Every manager has praised Adama’s attitude and say what a nice guy he is - even raced that kid in the car park that time. Then there’s the video of him returning and everybody was genuinely happy to see him; we easily got our £18m back on the pitch.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He d be good playing for us now under gary

Don't necessarily agree/disagree, but it would certainly be interesting to see if GON could have got a decent season out of him like Nuno did. Not sure GON would coach him from the sidelines every 20 seconds like Nuno did though.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He d be good playing for us now under gary
Not a chance - no where near as flexible and as footbally intelligent as what would be required.
Adama had many attributes, but trying to think he’d work in our current set up is frankly laughable.

He’s a great and lovely bloke, and gave us moments of magic and got us out of our seats, but he was ultimately Frustrating with limited end product. And that will never change - regardless of the who is his coach and which team he plays for

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance - no where near as flexible and as footbally intelligent as what would be required.
Adama had many attributes, but trying to think he’d work in our current set up is frankly laughable.

He’s a great and lovely bloke, and gave us moments of magic and got us out of our seats, but he was ultimately Frustrating with limited end product. And that will never change - regardless of the who is his coach and which team he plays for
Spot on

Back
Top Bottom