Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunos emotion

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it so hard after seeing Nunos reaction to the Raul injury to accept he is no longer part of our club. The awful injury sustained by Raul was a massive episode in his life and to a lesser extent those players that witnessed it. How Nuno and his staff and players got to remain focused on the seasons matches and finish in such a respectable position was testament to the bond in the squad.
The breaking of that bond in our club with the removal of Nuno wasn't the club owners finest moment. Nuno should have had another season to build the club after all that was happening in the country but wasn't allowed, such is the demands of football club owners.
Having said that I wish Bruno every success in moving our club forward on the football ladder.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it so hard after seeing Nunos reaction to the Raul injury to accept he is no longer part of our club. The awful injury sustained by Raul was a massive episode in his life and to a lesser extent those players that witnessed it. How Nuno and his staff and players got to remain focused on the seasons matches and finish in such a respectable position was testament to the bond in the squad.
The breaking of that bond in our club with the removal of Nuno wasn't the club owners finest moment. Nuno should have had another season to build the club after all that was happening in the country but wasn't allowed, such is the demands of football club owners.
Having said that I wish Bruno every success in moving our club forward on the football ladder.
Some people cannot move on.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all knew after the Raul video it was coming. Loved him, moved on thats life.

IMPERMANENCE - look it up.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s human emotion. It’s the same emotion that makes you a Wolves fan. We all accept that Nuno is gone but most of us have some fond memories of what he achieved at Wolves.
I recall Sfan Cullis, a far better manager than Nuno,, being sacked. I, and
the vast majority, accepted it and got on with our lives.
I appreciate social media was non existent in those days.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect most of us have got on with our lives this time as well, doesn't mean you can't have feelings about it....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will never slag off Stan Cullis but he did take over an established top division team with a well-established talent pipeline.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have just won a game and gone 6th in the league while also playing good stuff, loved Nuno while he was here but the decision to move on was the right one....

He will always be remembered well here but its time to move on!
You don't need to post in the thread and tell others what to do, do you? You could've just ignored it :)

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to do with moving on, I respect the individuals involved and express my thoughts which I'm happy for you to do without labeling my views to fit your agenda.
And what is my agenda ?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do feel sorry for Nuno because for the first couple of years he only had a small squad and little choices but window by window, he and Wolves carefully built a good young squad.
Now we have Podence, Neto, RAN, Jordao etc but Raul’s injury, Covid and other injuries cheated Nuno of enjoying his squad.
So, Bruno, he left you a good squad.
It’s kinda like refinishing a great a car but before you can run it, you have to sell it.

I wondered if he stayed in Wolverhampton and watched the game today.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s human emotion. It’s the same emotion that makes you a Wolves fan. We all accept that Nuno is gone but most of us have some fond memories of what he achieved at Wolves.
Great post and exactly right

It's a bit like telling your best mate to move on after he saw his ex girlfriend with a new fella (or missus?! )who knows these days). and is all hurt and beat up Easy to be unemotional and wonder why the heck he just can't move on but life is more complex than that

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will never slag off Stan Cullis but he did take over an established top division team with a well-established talent pipeline.
He took over a team recovering from WW2, having lost one of its best players (Cullis) and achieved what no manager has done either before or since for Wolves. Like Nuno he played the same team week in week out employing very exciting football. But then everyone did.

Last edited:

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
At the time, I thought it was a really harsh decision to get rid of Nuno and was very nervous about the Bruno appointment.

Both decisions are looking increasingly correct now and the more I see and hear from Bruno, the more impressed I am. He’s taken over what was potentially a very poisoned chalice and made as good an impression as anybody could have realistically hoped for.

None of that, however, should detract from just what Nuno gave us and what he meant to the club and city. He’ll always be one of us.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Could be argued it might eventually be one of the clubs owners finer moments. Nuno was a class act, but it was time for him to go.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

At the time, I thought it was a really harsh decision to get rid of Nuno and was very nervous about the Bruno appointment.

Both decisions are looking increasingly correct now and the more I see and hear from Bruno, the more impressed I am. He’s taken over what was potentially a very poisoned chalice and made as good an impression as anybody could have realistically hoped for.

None of that, however, should detract from just what Nuno gave us and what he meant to the club and city. He’ll always be one of us.
Good post. And on the latter what Wolverhampton and the club meant to him. He's a very decent human being and will always be a Wolf, wherever he goes.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m really loving what Bruno is doing, totally behind him.

Now Nuno has broke up with Spurs though, if I was a few pints in on a night out, I would probably end up doing something I regret the next morning. Such is my love for him.

Don’t be sad it ended though, be happy it happened.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And you could have ignored my post where I said my opinion which is that it is time to move on.....
Will it ever be time to move on from remembering a contemporary great?

When they're not contemporary probably. But then they'll always be great.

I've not forgotten Graham Turner or Mick McCarthy. Robbie Dennison and Andy Mutch.

Maybe you have? That's cool I guess. It's not for me though.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will it ever be time to move on from remembering a contemporary great?

When they're not contemporary probably. But then they'll always be great.

I've not forgotten Graham Turner or Mick McCarthy. Robbie Dennison and Andy Mutch.

Maybe you have? That's cool I guess. It's not for me though.
Hang on I've never said not to remember what he has done? The guy is class he has given me and many Wolves fans great memories which I'll always remember but the original post is about how he left and how he should have had another season which plenty disagree with (myself included). Either agree or disagree it has happened so we move on....... Bruno Lage has just won a game which has pushed us into 6th maybe the owners were correct?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hang on I've never said not to remember what he has done? The guy is class he has given me and many Wolves fans great memories which I'll always remember but the original post is about how he left and how he should have had another season which plenty disagree with (myself included). Either agree or disagree it has happened so we move on....... Bruno Lage has just won a game which has pushed us into 6th maybe the owners were correct?
Maybe the owners were correct. Maybe they weren't. We'll never know.

I wouldn't have sacked him myself. I'm more than satisfied with Bruno thus far. But I'll never stop celebrating Nuno.

Back
Top Bottom