Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno?!

D

Deleted member 5910

So, can we agree Sky Sports are in the same tier as the Daily Star now? I am certain there will be contract discussions in the close season, but spinning a yarn like this 18 months before the end of his contract is a disgrace. It's the most blatant attempt to unsettle our momentum to date.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nothing in it really. He's got one more year of his contract, surely there is enough time for signing a new deal. Lazy journalism or... another attempt to derail us from overtaking the self-proclaimed big six.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky are fishing, don't bite or give them any credence or attention. Just another attempt to make up a headline to unsettle and get people to tune in. Ignore them and they can't have any impact on us, start flapping and they win

If anything Nuno's comments to Edwards strengthens his position with us, as we know now he's not turned down any offers from the club. The status quo is no different to yesterday other than that, and we can fully expect it all to be sorted out at the end of the season

He's committed, he's not thinking about anything else, his life and obsession as he says and we have every reason to believe that this is the case. He only signed his contract last season, he'll sign a new one for next season

'Nuno's future in doubt' honestly it's trash reporting as usual from Sky
Sky batting for the Sky 6 as usual. Anything to destabilise a potential gate-crasher

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky batting for the Sky 6 as usual. Anything to destabilise a potential gate-crasher
There is going to be loads more of this. Depending on where we finish this season re. Premier and El, we could see major attempts to destabilise the club already this summer.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is going to be loads more of this. Depending on where we finish this season re. Premier and El, we could see major attempts to destabilise the club already this summer.

If Sheffield United continue to have a good season they too will be come subjected to it with sky selling their players for them.

On one hand is a compliment as we were upsetting the ‘top six’ on the other hand a pain in the ****.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's quite amazing how many people on here have inside information on Nuno and Fosun's ambitions.
Let's face it nobody really knows if Fosun are here for the long term, nobody has a clue if Nuno is homesick and doesn't want to sign another contract. I think we'll know both these questions before next season starts.
I'd like Nuno to stay as he's been brilliant.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's quite amazing how many people on here have inside information on Nuno and Fosun's ambitions.
Let's face it nobody really knows if Fosun are here for the long term, nobody has a clue if Nuno is homesick and doesn't want to sign another contract. I think we'll know both these questions before next season starts.
Other than direct quotes from both parties, yeah, we are all in the dark.

paddy2929

Groupie
Reaction score
Talk****e had it has there main news then said 15 months left I laughed at it then after 8:30 started on about traores shoulder...Fukin idiots

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
I have a feeling within 18 months neither Nuno or Fosun will be at Wolves.
Why would Fosun leave, defies logic. They have struck gold with Wolves. Bought them for peanuts now are flying in Premier League and Europe. Building and developing a brand, with the prestige of having a successful Premier League Club. Must do wonders for their portfolio of companies as Wolves grow.

I think your hunch is very much misplaced!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute garbage
Nuno has 18 months,thats the end of next season,on his contract,i would be panicking if it was the end of this season
"No proposal yet",is his comment,why would there be?
Everyone will know where we are as a club come the summer,and contracts will be sorted on the back of that knowledge,both for staff and players,at that time
Sensationalist headlines will always appear,we have seen Traore,Neves,Raul all being touted in the press as targets for Real,Barca,Man U et al,at some point they all may be true, evolution happens,but right now no one is going anywhere,and the summer will bring what it brings

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because Kevin Thelwell & Laurie Dalrymple were what attracted Nuno away from the warm Mediterranean weather?

:rolleyes:
Don’t forget the chief physio, Mavis the tea lady at Compton and Colin from the ticket office, they have all gone as well.

D

Deleted member 4436

News like this doesn’t just break for no reason - same with the Arsenal story. A few things could be happening.
  • Uncle Jorge might want to start the process of moving his client on. Especially if Fosun aren’t making the signings that he expected when the project kicked off.
  • Wolves might not want to offer a new deal just yet. Remember, we’ve had a great season but what if we fall off a cliff, bomb in the Europa and finish somewhere like 12th?
  • Nuno might want a different challenge.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact Fosun are committing vast sums of money tells you their plan. Nuno reiterates constantly how happy he is here. Gew and put your jeans in the tumble drier and calm down

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
News like this doesn’t just break for no reason - same with the Arsenal story. A few things could be happening.
  • Uncle Jorge might want to start the process of moving his client on. Especially if Fosun aren’t making the signings that he expected when the project kicked off.
  • Wolves might not want to offer a new deal just yet. Remember, we’ve had a great season but what if we fall off a cliff, bomb in the Europa and finish somewhere like 12th?

Wasnt it just a question in the prematch conference at compton?

D

Deleted member 4436

Edit: or Mendes wanting a new deal ASAP.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As many have said, it's an absolutely disgraceful article by Sky. Trying to imply that Vallejo and Cutrone not working out and 'only' adding Podence makes the likelihood of Nuno leaving greater - amongst all the other speculation in that nonsense article - is absolute gutter journalism.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don’t forget the chief physio, Mavis the tea lady at Compton and Colin from the ticket office, they have all gone as well.

I have it on good authority that Nuno hated Mavis's tea and coffee and it was actually Nuno that replaced her with a nespresso machine as he said he couldn't live with her ****e coffee and was preparing to return to Portugal.
As for the ticket office Nuno has said many times "**** the ticket office - they say I have no loyalty" so doubt he will miss Colin either

:p:D:p

Last edited:
Y

Yout85

I have it on good authority that Nuno hated Mavis's tea and coffee and it was actually Nuno that replaced her with a nespresso machine as he said he couldn't live with her ****e coffee and was preparing to return to Portugal.
As for the ticket office Nuno has said many times "**** the ticket office - they say I have no loyalty" so doubt he will miss Colin either

:p:D:p

All equally as believable as the Sky article :)

It is believed Nuno was a fan of Mavis's versatility.... she came in as a tea lady, but soon proved she could cover coffee, biscuits and even scones on the rare occasion when the scone lady was out of action. The strong rumour is she was let go after throwing a hissy fit regarding jam or cream first. Nuno: "I mean wtf? Cream first? Yes, she makes a good cuppa, but I'm not putting up with this ****".

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers taking some sense here

Couple of points on contract stuff

1) Contract not really that crucial when it comes to a head coach staying/leaving.
2) Wolves are different due to Mendes' involvement. Not like Nuno/Mendes/Shi are gonna arrange "showdown" talks. It'll just be sorted when the time is right.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All equally as believable as the Sky article :)

It is believed Nuno was a fan of Mavis's versatility.... she came in as a tea lady, but soon proved she could cover coffee, biscuits and even scones on the rare occasion when the scone lady was out of action. The strong rumour is she was let go after throwing a hissy fit regarding jam or cream first. Nuno: "I mean wtf? Cream first? Yes, she makes a good cuppa, but I'm not putting up with this ****".

She let herself down when she couldn’t master a recipe for the pasteis de nata for Rui, Ruben and the boys and tried to convince them that a 4 pack of Sainsburys egg custard tarts were just as good.

(media scoop, right there above - I grant permission for the BBC to use it)

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno wouldn’t want anyone distracting from the games ahead. Not even his own contract! I’ll be sorted in the summer.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers taking some sense here

Couple of points on contract stuff

1) Contract not really that crucial when it comes to a head coach staying/leaving.
2) Wolves are different due to Mendes' involvement. Not like Nuno/Mendes/Shi are gonna arrange "showdown" talks. It'll just be sorted when the time is right.
Point 2 make sense. Maybe I'm not quite understanding number 1. He ain't going to work without a contract. I'm confident it will get sorted though. Plus it isn't just Santo's contract, it's the whole first team coaching staff as far as I'm aware.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Point 2 make sense. Maybe I'm not quite understanding number 1. He ain't going to work without a contract. I'm confident it will get sorted though. Plus it isn't just Santo's contract, it's the whole first team coaching staff as far as I'm aware.
I interpreted it as comparing it to a players contract and the Bosman pressure that clubs get put under to lose a valuable player for nothing and their value plummeting as a result (and they then sell), you don't get that with a manager in the same way as their value in £'s isn't comparable with the first team players

Y

Yout85

She let herself down when she couldn’t master a recipe for the pasteis de nata for Rui, Ruben and the boys and tried to convince them that a 4 pack of Sainsburys egg custard tarts were just as good.

(media scoop, right there above - I grant permission for the BBC to use it)

Well, if that's true, then good riddance. We don't need disruptors around the club like that.

No Mavis should ever be bigger than the club. It will be tough seeing her providing the likes of Klopp and Henderson with their post training refreshments, but we move on.

#onepack #wemoveon #fumavis

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I interpreted it as comparing it to a players contract and the Bosman pressure that clubs get put under to lose a valuable player for nothing and their value plummeting as a result (and they then sell), you don't get that with a manager in the same way as their value in £'s isn't comparable with the first team players
I guess that could be the case. From what I've seen clubs are more willing to pay compensation to get managers these days though.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno might be trying to send a message to Fosun? Perhaps there is serious interest in a lot of the squad from the biggest clubs in the world and he's questioning their motives.
Is it about trophies and success for the club and the City, or is it simply all about the money?

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More wild conjecture

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think anyone is suggesting they have inside info, but then neither are you. We are all speculating based on what’s been said in public quotes. Some then feel calm and say there’s 18 months to run, and Nuno is totally obsessed by Wolves (his words). Others are more worried, read the journo’s story and wonder what if. I’m in for former camp.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They make up **** to sell papers / get viewers!

During the Arsenal ‘approach’ Fosun were apparently frantically trying to tie him down to a longer contract, now we haven’t offered him a renewed deal. Which one isn’t? - the one that they need to use to attract attention.

Back
Top Bottom