Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno PL MOTM

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno manager of the month?
Why?
Not that I have anything against it...but just struggles a bit as to understand why.
Our results was on par as I see it..no worse,no better than what can be expected.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's almost like the award is sticking 2 fingers up to his detractors, perhaps its time to allow them time to consider what's been achieved since he rocked up, and despite his supposedly apparent limitations, give him time to achieve greater things.

Last edited:

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
First team performance analysis team collect the award this time.

This is what I like about Nuno and passes over the heads of some Wolves fans. Probably the most important thing that Nuno has built at the club is culture--an identity of the pack (family), hard work, improvement, and humbleness. This is an example of leading by example and sharing the credit to other members of "the pack." We achieve things together. In recent interviews, every player has referenced our culture and how it's a great place to play. That credit goes to Nuno (and Jeff). So, when we analyze our transfer policy and who we bring in (or not), it's important to emphasize how that player will fit into the culture. When we say things like, "Nuno has taken us as far as he can with his defensive tactics," we forget that we give up our entire culture and identity by moving on from Nuno. Having a strong identity and positive culture are necessary ingredients for success, in my opinion. Maybe we, as supporters, should take the same cues.

In any event, congrats to Nuno and the coaching staff! Well-earned.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s pointing out that he’s won MOTM which shows how ****ing ridiculous the negativity is on here after a 1 0 defeat .

nothing wrong with what he has said .

People need to give it a break after a defeat and have patience and respect for nuno.

if so many People trust nuno, then there wouldn’t be such an over reaction to one match.

We won’t win every match. We are a work in progress , nuno is not happy at our form - and he still wins MOTM . What a man
Absolutely. Spot on. I think the moderation is well over the top. No need at all. It’s a recent trend that doesn’t help this forum. There was nothing insulting in his post ... just putting into context some of the extreme negativity.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. Fair play to how he does this. Dont see many others doing this and it is a team thing at the end of the day both on and off the pitch.

I also like how he makes sure to dedicate it to a separate area/department of the team each time, some of whom you’d not even know about unless he did :blush:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also like how he makes sure to dedicate it to a separate area/department of the team each time, some of whom you’d not even know about unless he did :blush:

Very true. Credit where credit is due.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Brilliant Nuno, hope you win loads more.

Keep proving your doubters wrong..
Best manager in my lifetime so pleased to have him as the manager of my football club...

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You ruined that by knackering the quote function.

Oh no now I'm moaning innit?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Nuno.

Though the keyboard managers on here must be gutted. Not shabby being manager of the month when his recruitment is poor, he's playing players out of position, we dont know how to attack, he wont move us onto the next level.

A huge amount of egg on the faces of the hand wringers
PREACH!

1605298142474.jpeg

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve never seen any other manager pass the award to his staff like Nuno does. He really is a credit to the club
Only time I've seen it was "Big dave", when he won it for the ****, shortly after Nuno done it the first time

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Only time I've seen it was "Big dave", when he won it for the ****, shortly after Nuno done it the first time
That’s because he couldn’t read the writing on it

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give it a rest. This is little more than trolling and looking to provoke.
You are the only person who is responsible for the spoiling of this thread.
With all the respect in the world, I feel this is harsh.
SBK has a valid point and adds a counterbalance to severe negativity elsewhere.

I will now leave the subject alone.

GO NUNO!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we all should be able to offer some opinions after a defeat when we arent creating a great deal of chances in a game. It is difficult to criticise as Nuno and his staff have done a brilliant job but lets not forget that forums in football and other walks of life are all about opinions. Some opinions will go OTT on both sides but we on here are all Wolves. Well done to Nuno and his staff and lets go and beat Southampton a week on Monday.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fun fact: since the beginning of the 2018-19 season, Nuno is the only manager other than Klopp to win EPL Manager of the Month at least three times. Even Guardiola has only won it twice in that period (February and April 2019), and inexplicably Dean Smith hasn't won it all! ;)

I might add that Klopp has won MotM seven times in the period in question, so Nuno needs to get a wriggle on to catch up with him!!

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fun fact No.2: Nuno now has the same number of EPL Manager of the Month awards as José Mourinho (who hasn't picked one up since March 2007).

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Congratulations to Nuno, a terrific achievement. I have to say in these unique, crazy times, I feel lucky as a football fan to have Nuno in charge of my team. Keep going you ledge!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done, Nuno. Clearly deserves it for the results in October and it's results he's judged on. 3 wins and a draw was better than any other team so no doubt it was merited.
However, most of the criticism I noticed was not to do with results as style (or lack of it). Since lockdown, with few exceptions, our performances have been poor in spite of some decent results. Even beating the likes of Villa, Bournemouth, Sheff Utd and Fulham, we have laboured to wins and haven't really dominated those teams like we should. Don't get me wrong, if it's a question of style or results, I'd take results every time. But as a maturing Premier League team with aspirations of going to the top, we should be able to deliver both.

Last edited:

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still cannot understand the logic behind this price.
With around a quarter of the season played after the Soton match,it is time to evaluate.
My two cents..we are not progressing as a team.We are going backwards.
Nuno with a new three years contract probably has two summer windows to get it right from where we now stand.
The team is balanced wrongly.We literally stinks in central midfield for a team looking for breaking top six-four.
We play a defensive line that needs alot of protection all the time.Usually we defend deep with seven players.
We do not have good enough wingbacks to help out our attack in the force that is needed.
Neither Jonny or Marcal or Semedo seems up to the task attackingwise,and while RAN is an exciting young prospect the dilemma is also this.
For some reason unknown to mankind we refuse to play our single biggest attacking threat in Adama Traore and instead persists in playing a player like Podence,who..no offense..isn´t fit to clean Traores boots when it comes to playing quality.

Take away Adamas assists,and you take away the majority of goals scored by Raul.

Pedro Neto is an exciting prospect but he is still too raw and scores way too little and is not consistant enough.

In Nuno we trust,but if we keep going the way things is currently going..very few will say that in two years time.

Clock is ticking.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still cannot understand the logic behind this prize.

The logic was set out in black and white in post #63 above: we were the best team in the league in terms of results over the month of October 2020. This is a fact and as such is not a question of opinion or open for argument. You demonstrate a lack of grace by failing to acknowledge being given the answer to your initial querying of why Nuno got the award, similar to the lack of grace you've demonstrated by not acknowledging Nuno's achievement in having the best overall results in the month of October (fact, not opinion).

We are a team in transition. You seem to want to emphasise the half-empty part of the glass during this transition rather than acknowledging the half-full part. That's your prerogative, but this thread is not the place for arguing the toss; it's the place for honouring Nuno's achievement (although it would seem you would prefer to rubbish it).

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still cannot understand the logic behind this price.
With around a quarter of the season played after the Soton match,it is time to evaluate.
My two cents..we are not progressing as a team.We are going backwards.
Nuno with a new three years contract probably has two summer windows to get it right from where we now stand.
The team is balanced wrongly.We literally stinks in central midfield for a team looking for breaking top six-four.
We play a defensive line that needs alot of protection all the time.Usually we defend deep with seven players.
We do not have good enough wingbacks to help out our attack in the force that is needed.
Neither Jonny or Marcal or Semedo seems up to the task attackingwise,and while RAN is an exciting young prospect the dilemma is also this.
For some reason unknown to mankind we refuse to play our single biggest attacking threat in Adama Traore and instead persists in playing a player like Podence,who..no offense..isn´t fit to clean Traores boots when it comes to playing quality.

Take away Adamas assists,and you take away the majority of goals scored by Raul.

Pedro Neto is an exciting prospect but he is still too raw and scores way too little and is not consistant enough.

In Nuno we trust,but if we keep going the way things is currently going..very few will say that in two years time.

Clock is ticking.

The funny thing is that there's a lot of truth in all that. OK, the midfield does not "literally stink". :eek: And Semedo looks real quality to me, and Jonny is also highest quality and we are missing him.

But the rest I'd go along with. Yet despite all that, the lack of goals scored, the misfiring attack etc., the actual results are still ticking along quite nicely. Which is why Nuno got MoM, presumably. We got the most points. Win 1-0 and 2-0 is more points than winning 4-0 and losing 0-3. Always will be.

Back
Top Bottom