Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Not giving the ball back

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not up for this. It wasn't a nasty, bad tempered game and Bristol weren't messing us about at all.

This sort of thing could work against us even with refs.

Give the ball back Wolves, play the game.

D

Deleted member 3751

The one near the end their player had crossed the ball straight to Ruddy as the ref blew up to halt the game. Can't remember the situation completely when we stuck it out for a throw in

D

Deleted member 4382

Why give it back?
**** em. It's a competitive gam

Hate teams that give it back. *******s to it.

Reactions: Ian

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And long live Warnock..... Moan about bad sportsmanship.... Until we do it.

I hate giving the bleeping ball back.... Oooh look at their time wasting and off the ball antics.. Where's the two faced button?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd agree if they were in possession but not in that instance, presuming it was near the end of the game. Why the hell would we give the ball back? We had possession when the ref blew up.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd agree if they were in possession but not in that instance, presuming it was near the end of the game. Why the hell would we give the ball back? We had possession when the ref blew up.
The exact same scenario happened in reverse earlier in the game and they played it back to our keeper.

There was also another shortly after when Neves just tapped it out for a throw in a bad position for them rather than back to the keeper.

The Bristol coach has mentioned this in his post match interview.

We're a team that wants to get the ball down and play yet doing things like this winds up the other team and they start flying in and the game can become needled.

I'm not bothered if everyone in football doesn't give the ball back. I'd like to see drop balls again too. But if that's the way it is then I'd rather we don't try and make an advantage of it..... Its just not cricket*

* queue the chavs posting... This aye cricket mate it's f##### football

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The exact same scenario happened in reverse earlier in the game and they played it back to our keeper.

There was also another shortly after when Neves just tapped it out for a throw in a bad position for them rather than back to the keeper.

We're a team that wants to get the ball down and play yet doing things like this winds up the other team and they start flying in and the game can become needled.

I'm not bothered if everyone in football doesn't give the ball back. I'd like to see drop balls again too. But if that's the way it is then I'd rather we don't try and make an advantage of it..... Its just not cricket*

It was Doherty that put it out for a throw. Close to half way line, rather than near the corner flag.

Moaning for the sake of moaning

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not up for this. It wasn't a nasty, bad tempered game and Bristol weren't messing us about at all.

This sort of thing could work against us even with refs.

Give the ball back Wolves, play the game.
We had possession!!
Why give it back? That would have been stupid and ridiculous and not even expected by the opponents. We had possession. The ref blew to stop. The game proceeded, we kept possession.

Last edited:

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brentford didnt give it back to us either when Boly kicked it out so Bright could receive treatment suppose the rule to give it back is starting to be questioned.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And long live Warnock..... Moan about bad sportsmanship.... Until we do it.

I hate giving the bleeping ball back.... Oooh look at their time wasting and off the ball antics.. Where's the two faced button?
What the hell are you on about? Our opponents did NOT give away possession and therefore we should have given it back to be fair. If we had given it back it would have been UNfair to our team.

Wardy129

Reaction score
You ****ing kidding me! That was Ruddys ball!! Even if it was a 50/50 why the hell should we boot it back to their goal keeper!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Chavs!!
Seriously? As if you know what kind of people we all are.
Since I don't think you're addressing me directly, I cannot really take exception to that, but I do know that like me, there are a lot of highly educated and civil people who appreciate the finer subtleties of life, on this forum. There are also quite a few gentlemen who have always been very erudite and thoughtful.
And then there's a few who do not suffer a fool gladly.
Chavs indeed, sir.

BorisWolf

Reaction score
It was definitely in Ruddy's hands, so no issue for me.

D

Deleted member 5242

What a strange thread.

We had possession of the ball - why the hell would we then give it back to Bristol?

Gornal

Reaction score
For too many years we have been giving the ball to the opposition when we have possession. Such a breath of fresh air to discover that we can now actually keep possession :rolleyes:

R

reanswolf

Would like to see it again, but my first impression was that the ref should have instructed them to pass it back to us. That was why Docherty appeared angry and just booted it into touch.

D

Deleted member 4257

Erm, so Ruddy should've booted the ball all the way back to there keeper? The ball floated into his arms.
The other occasion that I think the OP is referring to is moments after we should've had a blatant penalty.
**** 'em. Gerrintoem

B

BristolCityfan

Erm, so Ruddy should've booted the ball all the way back to there keeper? The ball floated into his arms.
The other occasion that I think the OP is referring to is moments after we should've had a blatant penalty.
**** 'em. Gerrintoem
Was that when Bailey Wright was clattered into by your player after winning the header?

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 5242

Watch it frame by frame. It was very quick, hence my frame captures. See my link... the arm is out, split second later ... just 2 frames actually... he hits with the same extended arm.. actually elbow.

I don't see it like that at all mate tbh. Danny was ball watching and didn't anticipate the challenge. Bailey did but still didn't lead with an arm - if he had done then Danny would have a broken jaw.

If you frame the clip a split second later Baileys arm is back by his side as that's how you use your arms to jump

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see it like that at all mate tbh. Danny was ball watching and didn't anticipate the challenge. Bailey did but still didn't lead with an arm - if he had done then Danny would have a broken jaw.

If you frame the clip a split second later Baileys arm is back by his side as that's how you use your arms to jump
Maybe ;)
But I want to win Mol Mix.

M

Muscat2Footer

I'm undecided on the penalty tbh. Just ****es me off knowing for a fact that the same challenge anywhere else on the pitch is an immediate free kick.

It's the inconsistency I can't stand.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I didn't like Bristol's approach last night, but in fairness I think on one occasion we were wrong last night.

The last one where we kept it was fine. The ball was crossed straight into Ruddys hands so it was ours.

The other instance with Batth and their defender is the one for me. I think we should have sent the ball to their goalie. From what I remember they did have the ball so we should have just played it back to the goalie rather than putting it out for a throw. To be honest I was watching the players down injured so maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I thought happened.

D

Deleted member 4257

Was that when Bailey Wright was clattered into by your player after winning the header?

Erm, Nah mate, it was when your player charged into our player in the box where anywhere else on the pitch it would've been a free kick.
Enjoy your point

M

Mowgli

I agree with the OP, not at all a Corinthian thing to do. I also deplore the common practise of goalkeepers who try to save penalties rather than standing aside.

B

BristolCityfan

Erm, Nah mate, it was when your player charged into our player in the box where anywhere else on the pitch it would've been a free kick.
Enjoy your point

Watch it back and you'll see he didn't charge into him, it was a 50/50 header which Bailey won, if it had been in your penalty area you'd be saying the same thing

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember Naylor at Notlob giving the ball back for a throw and the cheating *******s took it quick with him then out of position and scored.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
Watch it back and you'll see he didn't charge into him, it was a 50/50 header which Bailey won, if it had been in your penalty area you'd be saying the same thing

As was previously said, that challenge anywhere else on the pitch the ref blows for a foul 99/100, regardless of whether he won the header or the ball or whatever, he went through Batth to get it and that is a foul.
I'll give you it wasn't the GBH that some are claiming, but it was a foul, it was in the penalty area and therefore should've been a penalty.

To be fair to the ref, he didn't give a foul when one of your players went through the back of Jota, so in that sense, at least he was consistent!

Back
Top Bottom