Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Norwich (A) - 21st December - trains

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A while away, but for those travelling take note that West Midland Trains & RMT are likely to be on strike meaning little and disrupted rail service.

As it stands, the usual route of Wolverhampton-->London-->Norwich is cancelled all day with the only route being via Peterborough on any hourly basis, expensive and lengthy.

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A while away, but for those travelling take note that West Midland Trains & RMT are likely to be on strike meaning little and disrupted rail service.

As it stands, the usual route of Wolverhampton-->London-->Norwich is cancelled all day with the only route being via Peterborough on any hourly basis, expensive and lengthy.
Isn't it only Saturdays if so you may have to make a long weekend out of it.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Needs to remain football related and not become a discussion on rail strikes generally for it to stay here...

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
If you want to discuss the effect of the train strikes on getting to games please use this thread.
For general discussion on the actual strike, the other thread is back in the news/current affairs forum section - if now feeling a little dizzy...

D

Deleted as requested by user

RMT is the union West Midlands Trains are the train company. This isn't a national RMT strike its a strike by RMT members who are employed by West Midlands Trains (and possibly London North Western the other arm of their company). So I can't see how it effects trains going to Norwich.

D

Deleted as requested by user

Just checked National Rail site, its definitely only West Midlands Trains and London North Western trains so unless you're getting the slow London North Western train to London and on from there or possibly getting a local train to Birmingham/Wolverhampton it won't effect you at all.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
I used to make that journey (from the west) to Norwich for many years! The P'boro train route is actually preferable - although i can't remember whether it was more expensive or not.

Anyway, Norwich is fine city - with fantastic pubs (The Belgian Monk being the highlight) so worth spending a weekend there if possible.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any idea if this will also impact the Friday and Sunday? Was planning on going on Saturday and coming back Sunday, but can go on the Friday if needs be.

If it's ****ed for the whole weekend, I'll have to give it a miss.

Wolfiebill

Groupie
Reaction score
At the moment definitely only on Saturdays.

RMT website statement:
West Midlands Trains Senior Conductor, Senior Conductor Instructor and Train Driver members are instructed to not to book on for any shifts between:

• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Saturday 16th November
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Saturday 23rd November
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Saturday 30th November
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Saturday 7th December
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Saturday 14th December
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Saturday 21st December
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Saturday 28th December

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Think I'm gonna end up driving for this one, anyone know what parking is like in Norwich, preferably nearish to the ground?

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I'm gonna end up driving for this one, anyone know what parking is like in Norwich, preferably nearish to the ground?
Not the best,some places to park 10 mins walk from ground,near where coaches park, but they charge a fair bit, and it's a bugger to get away after.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs to remain football related and not become a discussion on rail strikes generally for it to stay here...
What happened to the other train thread?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
If you want to discuss the effect of the train strikes on getting to games please use this thread.
For general discussion on the actual strike, the other thread is back in the news/current affairs forum section - if now feeling a little dizzy...

What happened to the other train thread?

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
Lower Clarence road used to be a big car park as well as street parking if your early enough, only 5 minutes or so walk from ground.

Lofty wolf

Reaction score
I've booked a hotel for the sat night , making a weekend of it hopefully.

We've got 1030 and 1020 points, what's the chance of getting tickets??

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've booked a hotel for the sat night , making a weekend of it hopefully.

We've got 1030 and 1020 points, what's the chance of getting tickets??
If any away games get to your points this season it’ll be Brighton and Norwich.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Parked on Lower Clarence Rd a couple of years ago. Usual match day parking charges.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can park on county hall, for a fee, and easier to get back to A11
Probably a 10 mins walk

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to make that journey (from the west) to Norwich for many years! The P'boro train route is actually preferable - although i can't remember whether it was more expensive or not.

Anyway, Norwich is fine city - with fantastic pubs (The Belgian Monk being the highlight) so worth spending a weekend there if possible.
Plasterers Arms is my fav

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
I tend to park on peoples drives Jade, I find its a bit safer than on the local bombsite or street ;) - except I'm hoteling it at Norwich - I use YourParkingSpace & if you haven' t used it before & follow this link Give £5 off* at YourParkingSpace you get £5 off your first booking

Back
Top Bottom