Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Non-Wolves Transfers (Summer Transfers 2022)

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard today on Talksport that despite selling off their future, Barca can't register new signings with La Liga and have eight days to sell Frankie De Jong to lower their wage bill (seems a bit specific!) so they can register players. I think De Jong is part of the dominoes lined up that could affect us regarding both Neves and Nunes. Could get spicy soon...

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Heard today on Talksport that despite selling off their future, Barca can't register new signings with La Liga and have eight days to sell Frankie De Jong to lower their wage bill (seems a bit specific!) so they can register players. I think De Jong is part of the dominoes lined up that could affect us regarding both Neves and Nunes. Could get spicy soon...
De jong is the obvious they have to sell to get his wages off as he is on something like half a mil a week. Otherwise its a firesale of the likes of depay, braithwaite, aubameyang, et al.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
De jong is the obvious they have to sell to get his wages off as he is on something like half a mil a week. Otherwise its a firesale of the likes of depay, braithwaite, aubameyang, et al.
Plus they have that little issue of owing De Jong €17m that they're trying to weasel their way out of. Can see him going to Chelsea as part of their trolley dash for players

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say we should go in for Gonzalez but Barca are complete ********s when it comes to negotiations and seem to have Jeff like a puppet on a string

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Romano now saying chelsea have bid 70m for fofana at leicester. Rejected. I do rate him but is he 70m quids worth? Just utter madness. Are chelsea trying to manipulate the market or something. Some ridiculous sums for what are good players, but certainly not world class.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca owe De Jong millions in deferred wages, which they show no sign of paying, and he doesn't want to go anywhere. I hope that he absolutely shafts Laporte and his vile entitled club.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Romano now saying chelsea have bid 70m for fofana at leicester. Rejected. I do rate him but is he 70m quids worth? Just utter madness. Are chelsea trying to manipulate the market or something. Some ridiculous sums for what are good players, but certainly not world class.

New owner is trying to make his mark and doesn't seem to care about value, they are paying inflated fees and it's just gonna ruin the market for sides like us

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Neves to Barca is dead, until next season at least, imo. They want Bernardo off City.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They’re the only two outfielders on their bench today that have more than 3 PL appearances.

Genuinely surprised how thin their squad looks currently considering they’re regarded as having done lots of good business the past few years (I’m aware they do have injuries, but still).

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Barca owe De Jong millions in deferred wages, which they show no sign of paying, and he doesn't want to go anywhere. I hope that he absolutely shafts Laporte and his vile entitled club.
Same with Braithwaite regarding deferred wages.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Even if they sell him, that would only allow them to register lewandowski, they would need a lot more for Kessie, Raphina and Kounde.

To be honest, they’ve absolutely ****ed it up royally.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talked to my stepbrother yesterday which is always quite interesting as he's an agent and gives me some interesting inside into that world.
He told me yesterday about the delicate balance of keeping a client happy and forming a good relationship with clubs. Its very much a world where trust is important.
So he has a client, who signed a 3 year contract with a club, with the expectation of being a key player. However shortly into the season, the was dropped due to change of tactics. He immediately called my brother and wanted my brother to get the club to sell him or pay him off. My brother refused as it would jeopardise the relationship with the club. Player gave in and is now actually playing.

From a Wolves perspective that's why the relationship with Mendes has been important. Knowing that the agent is not only looking for the interests of his client, but also the relationship to the club is vitally important.
And yes I know that trust might now have been broken a bit, with the Silva transfer or more importantly Mendes from what I heard, Mendes very much pushing Nuno for the Arsenal job.

I do hope though that the Guedes deal sees us back to a good working relationship with him.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
His are barca still buying people when they can't even register players

Alonso from Chelsea going there now

Considering they have sold off 50% of media rights for the next 25 years and yet cannot register transfer

Honestly scary

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TY. It is the Daily Heil granted but if that story is accurate Barcelona are absolutely ****ing barking. They signed Braithwaite in 2020, using La Liga emergency procedures and leaving his previous Spanish club in the lurch as a result, as they had a striker shortage. They now want him to take a financial hit as a gesture of goodwill for them having signed him for their own ends? Are they completely mad?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

His are barca still buying people when they can't even register players

Alonso from Chelsea going there now

Considering they have sold off 50% of media rights for the next 25 years and yet cannot register transfer

Honestly scary
They'll find a way under it, apparently Busquets and Pique recognise their contracts were ridiculous and are going to flat out take pay-cuts on them. Then they raise another £100M selling another 25% of their media division.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Senesi going to Bournemouth for £10mish and Diop to Fulham for £13m initial. Would have liked us to try for one of those with Coady leaving.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TY. It is the Daily Heil granted but if that story is accurate Barcelona are absolutely ****ing barking. They signed Braithwaite in 2020, using La Liga emergency procedures and leaving his previous Spanish club in the lurch as a result, as they had a striker shortage. They now want him to take a financial hit as a gesture of goodwill for them having signed him for their own ends? Are they completely mad?
He's started getting pelters off the fans, but they really should direct some of their anger at the club for they way they've been ran Braithwaite handed brutal reception by fans as he refuses to leave Barcelona

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gave his all for the club when picked. Yet this is how they treat him because he wouldnt just willinglyt sacrifice 3 years of wages. This at the same time that he sees them sign expensive players left, right and center.
Hope they go bust...
Exactly my view. They freely offered him a contract, he accepted, and now it doesn't suit them....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United looking to sign Rabiot, just down to personal terms now.

Hopefully ends any risk of a late swoop from them for Neves.
So Pogba goes ManUre to Juve and his replacement, another stroppy Frenchman, comes from.... Juve.... WTAF....

Back
Top Bottom