Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Non-Wolves Transfers (Summer Transfers 2022)

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leeds have lost two key players but some of their new additions are looking really good, Hogan. They won 6-2 yesterday.
The defending on the goals they scored was hilariously bad - Rodrigo scored a hat trick!

And they looked massively weak against attacks from out wide according to their athletic correspondent, which fits in quite nicely with how we want to attack…

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City going for Matheus Nunes according to reports from Portugal.

He's seen as Bernardo Silva replacement, who Barca hope to get if De Jong leaves.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do you not think he's just waiting to make sure he gets that £17m?

IMO he 100% leaves, he's just (rightly) refusing to give anything up to Barca.
No, being at Barca is his life’s dream, he’s not going to be pushed out without a good reason to move on. Europa league Man Utd isn’t a good enough reason for him.

Barca have shown with Dembele that if you’re still there when the transfer window closes you’ll still be in the team if you’re good enough. I think he’ll stay.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Fulham have a much much better chance of staying up then before.

They stormed the championship and they're going to be keeping the bulk of that squad together. I'd much rather be in their shoes then Forest, for instance. They'll have to forge their team spirit all over again.

Ironically enough, it's because Fulham haven't 'done bits' this year that I believe in them!
Got two words for you.

Tim.

Ream.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be Liverpool City for the top 2

Arsenal spurs for 3-4

Chelsea and Man U 5/6

The rest in any order

Bottom 3

Bournemouth
Leeds
Everton

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So....I think we are deep enough into the window now to start passing judgement.

Which realistic player who has moved would you have most liked at Wolves?

Instinctively, I think Scamacca, but I'm old enough now to know that West Ham sign one expensive dud each window!

I think Leeds have had an abysmal window, but I bet Sinisterra has a good season. He's always impressed me.

Belotti is the one I'd have loved, but it's perhaps not realistic

Edit: Kamara at Villa would have been good based on what I've heard. But his weekly wage would (apparently) be twice our top earner
There’s very few I’ve looked at and thought we’ve missed out there truth be told

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Chelsea might well gazump United and get De Jong. Ornstein now reporting that Chelsea are confident in closing the deal.

Which leaves United open to....ye gods I can't even bring myself to say it.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Chelsea might well gazump United and get De Jong. Ornstein now reporting that Chelsea are confident in closing the deal.

Which leaves United open to....ye gods I can't even bring myself to say it.

If they are desperate, we should stick another 10 million onto the price.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Man Utd have Bruno Fernandes, Van De Beek and Eriksen as CM options already.

All nailed on to be starters in my opinion. Think it's total fabrication they are even in for De Jong, who will end up at Chelsea, and I see no reason Utd would come in for Neves. Who would they leave out?

All just an excuse for Sky to talk about nothing else for months, and drive their betting markets.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man Utd have Bruno Fernandes, Van De Beek and Eriksen as CM options already.

All nailed on to be starters in my opinion. Think it's total fabrication they are even in for De Jong, who will end up at Chelsea, and I see no reason Utd would come in for Neves. Who would they leave out?

All just an excuse for Sky to talk about nothing else for months, and drive their betting markets.
Really? They're all attacking midfielders.

They need someone to replace Fred/McTominay, where Neves is a clear upgrade.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think he'll get near the team this season.

Neves walks straight into their XI if he joins IMO.

He's literally the new manager's favourite player. He was devastated when he lost him at Ajax and is delighted to be reunited with him. I'm pretty sure he'll play.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You can’t seriously believe that, right?

Why would they be? He's made it very clear he has no intention of moving there... and only amateurish clubs would continue to chase a player who doesn't want the move, right?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on what the online betting company and occasional sports broadcaster, Sky are saying? (A million times per day)
Based on the fact they need a midfielder.

Despite what you said, in the pre-season games so far United have generally played a first XI and then rotated. In the first XI are Fred and McTominay, so he wants an upgrade on that.

Obviously, De Jong is miles better than the pair so he would go straight into that team.

If they can't get De Jong, they need another midfielder who can play in one of those two positions, which Neves could.

It's also widely reported that they've agreed a fee for De Jong, by more than just Sky.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on what the online betting company and occasional sports broadcaster, Sky are saying? (A million times per day)
Honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not so I'll leave it here.

Last edited:

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham doing good business again. Can only dream of some of the signings they have brought in and are bringing in this summer.
Very different level to us - ambitious owners despite whatever you think of them.
After years of being perennial under-achievers and in some cases flirting with relegation, they are progressing year on year.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Based on the fact they need a midfielder.

Despite what you said, in the pre-season games so far United have generally played a first XI and then rotated. In the first XI are Fred and McTominay, so he wants an upgrade on that.

Obviously, De Jong is miles better than the pair so he would go straight into that team.

If they can't get De Jong, they need another midfielder who can play in one of those two positions, which Neves could.

It's also widely reported that they've agreed a fee for De Jong, by more than just Sky.

It was widely reported around 3 weeks ago. And also reported that personal terms were not an issue and would be tied up very fast. Meanwhile 75% of the betting market for De Jong has been on Man Utd, who are now a 2-1 shot to sign him, with Chelsea being 5-4 favourites, despite only having 15% of the betting market.

Sky should be banned from being a rumour mill AND a bookie at the same time. It's such a huge conflict of interest, and it's exploited (on full show) every year.

Back
Top Bottom