Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Non-Wolves Transfers (Summer Transfers 2022)

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why the hell is what’s his name on a plane to Argentina for?
Fosun invested in a shirt once worn by the GOAT, apparently Guo heard there's a few quid profit to made

D

Deleted member sbk12944

We were willing to pay “the going rate”, we offered his release clause.

We were not willling to wait until January to have him join us.
If the Benfica rumour is true, we should be able to pay more in wages than they do just by being a premier league team, if we don’t that’s not the going rate in wages for a supposedly talented young player.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the Benfica rumour is true, we should be able to pay more in wages than they do just by being a premier league team, if we don’t that’s not the going rate in wages for a supposedly talented young player.
We can't offer European football or that he will improve as a player or settle in
Benfica have huge experience of bringing South Americans over as well as being a top club

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree so we either have to offer more in wages than they do or lose out. It looks like we prefer to lose out instead.
Also that's not a given that it secures a player. Unless the wages are miles apart which they wouldn't be he'd still prefer benfica over us even if offered sightly less, there's more opportunity to showcase his abilities to a wider scale there with them with European football

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we really did fly someone out there it must have been for the most quickest and most pointless meeting of all time.

It’s a bit embarrassing really.
I'm hoping it was one of a few meeting maybe with others but yeah if not not good..

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just aren't an attractive proposition for players like this, certainly not when competing with a club like Benfica. If you want to come to the PL you're obviously looking at the "big" 6, followed by Newcastle, Villa, Leicester and Everton, followed by the smaller London clubs, followed by clubs like ours. We play crap football and we don't pay high wages, what is the pull from Wolves? We have a Portuguese contingent (and agent) that may sway some Portuguese players, but that's about it.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
TBF most of the wolves transfer will end on the non wolves transfers thread so maybe it’s better to discuss on the non wolves transfer thread anyway :p
about right ain't it. Another one that got away.

It's good that we are active - but where's Mendes making the deals happen? I thought he was our intermediary

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Also that's not a given that it secures a player. Unless the wages are miles apart which they wouldn't be he'd still prefer benfica over us even if offered sightly less, there's more opportunity to showcase his abilities to a wider scale there with them with European football
Just a quick google Benfica pay €37m euros a year in wages Wolves pay £62m pounds I’d say there is a big disparity.

Correct about European football though.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this was the Non Wolves thread.

Came on to see if our rivals have signed any one and found this going on.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just can't get my head round the lukaku deal, what a massive waste of cash, surely someone will pay for it

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this was the Non Wolves thread.

Came on to see if our rivals have signed any one and found this going on.
We need somewhere to moan about the lack of transfers and my overpriced season ticket I am English dam it..

D

Deleted member sbk12944

about right ain't it. Another one that got away.

It's good that we are active - but where's Mendes making the deals happen? I thought he was our intermediary
Mendes will do what’s best for him and his clients, money helps obviously but if we have turned the taps off you couldn’t blame him to advise his clients to stay away or make better decisions if he views us as regressing as that will not be to his or his clients benefit. His clients should be his main priority regardless of a subsidiary of FOSUN having an interest in GESTIFUTE.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we really did fly someone out there it must have been for the most quickest and most pointless meeting of all time.

Just imagine how embarrassed Milan fan must be as it was reported he was going there only this morning ! :grimacing:

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just aren't an attractive proposition for players like this, certainly not when competing with a club like Benfica. If you want to come to the PL you're obviously looking at the "big" 6, followed by Newcastle, Villa, Leicester and Everton, followed by the smaller London clubs, followed by clubs like ours. We play crap football and we don't pay high wages, what is the pull from Wolves? We have a Portuguese contingent (and agent) that may sway some Portuguese players, but that's about it.
We were an attractive proposition when in the Championship and we had a 'project' to sell. Since the project now appears dead in the water and we're just making up the numbers in the Prem; I agree, less attractive than the bird in the corner of the nightclub when the smoochies start.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I just wonder if something has happened with our relationship with Mendes, probably in line with Fosun saying we need to become self-sustaining and no longer chucking cash at it. Maybe it's the China thing affecting the Gestifute-Fosun deal, and/or lack of transfer activity, but maybe we're not a priority for him as much, post Nuno too (his first client). Whereas his mate Jose at Roma will come in very handy.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benfica are also only in the Europa League I think.

With us he’s playing 8 games against Champions League sides and then 4 against United & Arsenal! I know a League game isn’t the same as a Champions League night but in terms of quality opposition over a season/testing yourself they can’t get anywhere near us as a Europa League side.

I really don’t think we should be missing out to players to Benfica, even though I know they’re a much bigger club.

Maybe understandable if a player isn’t good enough or needs to go to a weaker League to develop their game a bit but the noise about this guy was that he’d be ready to play straight away.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were an attractive proposition when in the Championship and we had a 'project' to sell. Since the project now appears dead in the water and we're just making up the numbers in the Prem; I agree, less attractive than the bird in the corner of the nightclub when the smoochies start.
We are an established premier league side that is a massive attraction.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the noise about this guy was that he’d be ready to play straight away.

i think he's highly rated, but i think that might be a stretch. would need time to acclimatise whereas portuguese league easier for south american to settle into. i get the impression this was more a Mosquera type deal via same bloke who secured him, albeit at better club and league

disappointing nonetheless i agree. maybe we've got other priorities that we just haven't heard about?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I did say in jest last night, that it’s possible that a deal with Benfica is done while he’s on the plane.

But it’s all good. He’s going to interview Maria as a potential replacement for Doris the tea lady.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benfica are also only in the Europa League I think.

With us he’s playing 8 games against Champions League sides and then 4 against United & Arsenal! I know a League game isn’t the same as a Champions League night but in terms of quality opposition over a season/testing yourself they can’t get anywhere near us as a Europa League side.

I really don’t think we should be missing out to players to Benfica, even though I know they’re a much bigger club.

Maybe understandable if a player isn’t good enough or needs to go to a weaker League to develop their game a bit but the noise about this guy was that he’d be ready to play straight away.
He'd be ready to play straight away *in January*

Back
Top Bottom