Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next seasons squad

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do we all think next seasons squad will look like come the first game in August.

Here's mine.

GK
==
Hennessey
De Vries
Ikeme
(Loanee Keeper for 6 months to cover for Hennessey's injury

DEF
===
Zubar
Foley
Doherty
Berra
Stearman
Johnson
Mouyokolo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Mouyokolo
Elokobi
(New Left Back)

MIDFIELD
=======
Ward (Solbakken will take one look at him and see he's not a defender)
(New Left Winger
Kightly
Hunt
Forde
Hamill
Edwards
Guedioura
Davis
(New Defemsive Midfielder to replace Henry)
Milijas
O'Hara
Gorman

FORWARDS
========
Doyle
SEB
Vokes
(New speedy Scandinavian Forward)
(New Target Man

So basically, I can see Jarvis, Henry, and Fletcher going, to be replaced by 5 permanent tranfers and a loanee GK to cover Hennessey's injury.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This looks pretty much the same bunch of failures that got us relegated.

Total gutting of our back 4 and bring in a defensive coach. Get rid of Ward, Stears, Johnson and Berra. Have no clue what Muyokolo is like but Mick bought him and got shot off him and that's saying something, get rid and bring in a bunch of fresh faces. It's sheer stupidity to continue with our defence and expect them to do better this time round. Berra and Stears have had years to gel and it's simply not happened. Zubar is a donkey and often caught out position. He's neither a wingback or a good RB. Give Foley a high protein diet over the summer and see how he fairs. The boy looks malnourished.

Midfield:
Henry, Edwards and Milijas to go. Henry is Henry and enough said because the Henry-first-Wolves-second crowd will come out in full force, Edwards is just crap and Milijas can't cut it in England. Hunt has to go because his legs have gone. Keep Kightly, let Jarvio go for 8 mill no less and build a dynamic midfield with the likes of Davis and a couple of fresh additions. I'm not sure about Adlene, he's just too inconsistent for me, not sure if it's because Mick was a $$$$ and couldn't handle him or Adlene is just one of those players who can't perform consistently. May be a bit of both, who knows.

Forwards: Vokes is a shower of $$$$e and no he's not a iseful late sub, he's just a space filler, $$$$ him off to League 1. Doyle can go, he's not a striker, not a goal scorer, not a winger but he can hold the ball up and that seems to be enough for the crew that to this day worship Keogh. SEB needs coaching, he's got skill, again another who Mick has snuffed the life out of. Give Zele a chance and add a couple more pacey strikers who actually score inside and outside the box (novel idea I know). Would love Fletch to stay but if we can get double digits then we should sell on.

It's easy from my arm chair.

Post Script. enough of this target man $$$$, it's this kind of thinking that has us where we are now. When i hear target man I think Andy bloody Carroll. We use Fletch as a target man and the poor fella can only hope to score in the air. Just think how much more we could've gotten out of the man if we kept the ball on the ground. It's so one dimensional and totally limits our build up play and so easy to play against.

In fact, playing this way = relegation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no idea what the team will look like. Maybe solbakken will want shot of our current players and build a complete new one. Has he heard about players like Rhodes and butterfield? I doubt it to be honest. We can only wait and see what happens and be prepared to be using YouTube for any foreign imports.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said it's what I think it would be, not what I hoped it would be.

I know, wasn't having a pop, just thinking out loud. I hoenstly doubt that the new man will persist with the old crew.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know, wasn't having a pop, just thinking out loud. I hoenstly doubt that the new man will persist with the old crew.

Unless Morgan give him £20 million quid, I don't think he'll have much choice sadly.

A

andyc225

We should be breaking up the squad as I've said across many different threads. Use the proceeds of the sales of big names to bring in some gems from abroad.

F

FLEET WOLF

Total gutting of our back 4 and bring in a defensive coach. Get rid of Ward, Stears, Johnson and Berra. Have no clue what Muyokolo is like but Mick bought him and got shot off him and that's saying something, get rid and bring in a bunch of fresh faces. It's sheer stupidity to continue with our defence and expect them to do better this time round. Berra and Stears have had years to gel and it's simply not happened. Zubar is a donkey and often caught out position. He's neither a wingback or a good RB. Give Foley a high protein diet over the summer and see how he fairs. The boy looks malnourished.

Midfield:
Henry, Edwards and Milijas to go. Henry is Henry and enough said because the Henry-first-Wolves-second crowd will come out in full force, Edwards is just crap and Milijas can't cut it in England. Hunt has to go because his legs have gone. Keep Kightly, let Jarvio go for 8 mill no less and build a dynamic midfield with the likes of Davis and a couple of fresh additions. I'm not sure about Adlene, he's just too inconsistent for me, not sure if it's because Mick was a $$$$ and couldn't handle him or Adlene is just one of those players who can't perform consistently. May be a bit of both, who knows.

Forwards: Vokes is a shower of $$$$e and no he's not a iseful late sub, he's just a space filler, $$$$ him off to League 1. Doyle can go, he's not a striker, not a goal scorer, not a winger but he can hold the ball up and that seems to be enough for the crew that to this day worship Keogh. SEB needs coaching, he's got skill, again another who Mick has snuffed the life out of. Give Zele a chance and add a couple more pacey strikers who actually score inside and outside the box (novel idea I know). Would love Fletch to stay but if we can get double digits then we should sell on.

Post Script. enough of this target man $$$$, it's this kind of thinking that has us where we are now. When i hear target man I think Andy bloody Carroll. We use Fletch as a target man and the poor fella can only hope to score in the air. Just think how much more we could've gotten out of the man if we kept the ball on the ground. It's so one dimensional and totally limits our build up play and so easy to play against.

I agree with a lot of what you say, except about Henry, who I think is crucial for next season- and SEB-if he needs coaching now, at his age, it is too late-he is overweight and slow-he will not be as good in the Championship as he was last time.

A

andyc225

I see that Jääskeläinen is out of contract at Noblot. Would he be a good addition on a short term contract to cover the Hen's injury?

F

FLEET WOLF

A player I like is Huddlestone at Spurs-he has been out all season with injury-if he is now fit, or close to it, a loan move to us might be good-think he might be an SS type player as well.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
A player I like is Huddlestone at Spurs-he has been out all season with injury-if he is now fit, or close to it, a loan move to us might be good-think he might be an SS type player as well.

Was thinking that myself Fleet. Will be behind Parker, Van Der Vaart, Modric, Sandro and Livermore so will need to go on loan somewhere to get a consistent run of games.

An sure a number of Premier League clubs will be ahead of us though.

S

SaleWolf

Not one of the back four that started yesterday should be anywhere near the first XI next season, especially Ward and Stearman.

Need a total revamp of the defensive side of things. A new goalscorer and someone to replace Jarvis.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Ok. I know this is very Football Manager-esque and will bear no resemblence to what Solbakken does but it's the Monday morning after our last Premier League game and I need cheering up. So here goes:

In
Ryan Nelsen (Free), Adrian Mariappa (£1.75m), Chris Gunter (£500k plus George Elokobi), Jack Robinson (season long-loan), Nick Powell (£1.5m), Emmanuel Frimpong (season-long loan), Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson (£2m).

Total spend = £5.75m

Out
Carl Ikeme (£500k), Ronald Zubar (£1.75m), George Elokobi (part-exchange), Jody Craddock (retired), Stephen Mouyokolo (£1.25m), Roger Johnson (£2.5m), Richard Stearman (£1m), David Edwards (£1m), Jamie O'Hara (£2.5m), Nenad Milijas (£1.5m), Stephen Hunt (£1.25m), Kevin Doyle (£4.5m)

Total Income = £17.75m

So a net income of £12m (plus substantial savings on the wage bill), leaving us with a first team of:

Wayne Hennessey
Chris Gunter, Ryan Nelsen (c), Adrian Mariappa, Jack Robinson
Emmanuel Frimpong, Karl Henry
Michael Kightly, Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson, Matt Jarvis
Stephen Fletcher

Subs: Dorus De Vries, Kevin Foley, Adlene Guedioura, Stephen Ward, Nick Powell, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Danny Batth

Squad Members: Aaron McCarey, Matt Doherty, Christophe Berra, Adam Hammill, David Davis, Anthony Forde, Sam Vokes, Liam McAlinden

Never going to happen in a million years but a team full of pace, power and quality.

B

Bankswolf II

I would sell the likes of Johnson O Hara and Doyle for a lot more Tring but cant argue too much with the players you want in

I think a new centre back and a left back will definetly have to be purchased though I hope I dont have to keep banging on about needing a new left back all summer like I have done the past 2 years, a centre midfielder with a bit of pace and need to attack is also required Frimpong would be nice but cant see it happening myself but time will tell

D

Deleted member LP 3925

A bit off thread, but I've just read this:

Derby have rejected a £1.2m offer from Burnley for defender Jason Shackell, 28.

He's not young and hungry anymore, surprised he's worth so much now and also that Burnley have money to splash.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tring, I think you've overlooked Danny Batth and Reckord in the list of players/panel members next season. I may be over optimistic by suggesting Reckord but he did play regularly when at S****horpe this season and DB seems to have had an excellent season with Sheffield Wednesday.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Hi WiL. I definitely think that Batth has a very good chance of making the first team squad next year. I honestly haven't seen anything of Reckford so can't really comment on him.

Would be great if a couple of youngsters did really break through next year. It always gives the supporters a big boost.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why keep Vokes?
He's done sod all at Brighton.
I can see us bringing in a couple of strikers along with a winger if Jarvis goes, central midfielder, centre back and left back.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Oxford_Wolf

Hopefuly Stale can work some magic on O'Hara over the summer as he is undoubtedly a good player.

Jarvis, Fletcher, Doyle, Moyokolo, Johnson, Edwards, Milias to leave (some because they are too good for the Championship and some because thy need to).

Hennessey's injury will keep him at th club next year.

We do need a left back and a centre back, preferably a CB who is 30 - 34 and a strong leader. Craddock will b retired and too old.

Next year could be huge for Hamill, Baath, Davies, Forde and Ishmail. What has happened to Hemmings.

I'd be happy if we lined up like this next year.

----------------Devries---------------------
Foley - Batth - New CB (C) - New LB
Hamill - Davies - Guediora - Kightly
------------ SEB ---- Vokes --------------

Bench

Ikeme
Zubar
Berra
Forde
Ishmail

O

Oxford_Wolf

Hopefuly Stale can work some magic on O'Hara over the summer as he is undoubtedly a good player.

Jarvis, Fletcher, Doyle, Moyokolo, Johnson, Edwards, Milias to leave (some because they are too good for the Championship and some because thy need to).

We do need a left back and a centre back, preferably a CB who is 30 - 34 and a strong leader. Craddock will b retired and too old.

Next year could be huge for Hamill, Baath, Davies, Forde and Ishmail. What has happened to Hemmings.

Bench

Ikeme
Zubar
Berra
Forde
Ishmail

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bench

Ikeme
Zubar
Berra
Forde
Ishmail

That will not be the starting line up next season.
Vokes is not good enough. SEB needs to get his act together in pre season.
I think we will sign quite a few players this summer.
I dont think Davis and Guedioura will be paired together. That bench does not have one striker on it.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Why keep Vokes?
He's done sod all at Brighton.
I can see us bringing in a couple of strikers along with a winger if Jarvis goes, central midfielder, centre back and left back.

I certainly don't view Vokes as a regular starter but I still think he could play the role of impact sub as he did to such good effect in the Championship winning season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly don't view Vokes as a regular starter but I still think he could play the role of impact sub as he did to such good effect in the Championship winning season.

I personally think it is time for him to leave us and move on to pastures new. With players such as Cassidy coming through and new signings we make this summer he could be way down the pecking order.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Midfield:

Will you elaborate a bit on that please mate?

I'm baffled that any Wolves fan thinks that we should get rid of Henry.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was obvious at the Press Conference was Morgan`s demand that some of the younger player`s from the Academy are given a go in the first team ie get rid of some of the older, highly paid players please and play Doherty,Reckord and Davis etc.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

I think this thread shows what a tough job it is.

I agree we need to gut the team, but Stale wont be able to do this in one summer or even season.

Luckily most of that squad did do ok last time they were in the Championship, so hopefully we will complete anyway to a crtain extent.

Jarvis and Fletch have shown that they are the main two who can make a difference in the PL, but the others will do better down a level.

G

GoldForever

il be happy if i NEVER EVER see Karl Henry in a wolves shirt again.
Only highlights how truly $$$$ we must be that he starts every single without fail, mind you, can add Richard Stearman and David Edwards to that list, 3 of the most over-rated pieces of $$$$ ive ever seen down the Mol.

W

wanderer24

To say any of these players aren't good enough now we are in the championship os ridiculous. Most of these players have had success at this level and some are too good for this level.

We need to concentrate firstly with the players who:
A)don't want to be here and/or
B)feel they need to play at a higher level

We need frank discussions with players because if they aren't 100% committed we need to see them moved on and quickly.

In my mind there are probably 6-7 players who want out. Fletcher, Johnson, Doyle, Ward, Hunt, and Jarvis for starters.

Beyond that, it comes down to finding a balance of squad and the required quality to carry out the football philosophy that Stale wants.

I would like to see four of five players brought in and the younger players who have been out on loan given a chance in pre-season.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not one of the back four that started yesterday should be anywhere near the first XI next season, especially Ward and Stearman.

Need a total revamp of the defensive side of things. A new goalscorer and someone to replace Jarvis.
I think Berra is under-rated, especially at Chump level. Given our new found status, I would be very pleased if we could get a better CB in during the summer.

L

liquidatorwolf

I think Berra is under-rated, especially at Chump level. Given our new found status, I would be very pleased if we could get a better CB in during the summer.

Exactly, I think Stearman and Berra are very apt for the Chump

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Berra yes, Stearman however NO. Need a new replacement or get Danny Batth in. If Johnson decides to wake up from his nightmare any time soon, then obviously him.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
il be happy if i NEVER EVER see Karl Henry in a wolves shirt again.
Only highlights how truly $$$$ we must be that he starts every single without fail, mind you, can add Richard Stearman and David Edwards to that list, 3 of the most over-rated pieces of $$$$ ive ever seen down the Mol.

Can I change these 3 into a 4 and add Ward onto this list....

All 4 highlight MM's failing and the reason why year after year we have been so poor in the premier league.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Putting Henry in the list of underperforming players is extremely harsh. He's hardly Makelele, but he's certainly good enough for where we'll be playing next season.#

Can't disagree with Edwards/Stearman - they've had thousands of opportunities and aren't up to the standard I'd like to see us performing at in the future.

Ward is a very good footballer, but a left back he is not.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of the six or seven players you say want out wanderer I would say there is one definite and that is Rog. Of the others they may move if someone comes in for them but I don't think they will be looking to move. I would expect that at least 3 of those named will be with us at the end of next season.

D

dublinwolf83

In fact, playing this way = relegation.[/QUOTE]

good point though sick of everyone lumping the ball upfield to nobody
fletch did well considering but we need to start passing the ball low

Zele nows the time to bring him in get another maybe foreign striker
and 2 new centre backs and a playmaker central midfielder.... well morgan did say he was gonna give him a transfer chest :)

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will you elaborate a bit on that please mate?

I'm baffled that any Wolves fan thinks that we should get rid of Henry.

I'm honestly baffled why you would want to keep him?! Can't pass a ball, liability on the ball are just some of his major weaknesses. Won't fit into Solbakken's philosophy at all, sell him to QPR so he can team up with the other thug of the EPL Barton.

S

-ShuWolf-

I for one want Hunt put out to graze and sell Hammill if we can get a decent price for him...promote Zeli to back up winger and try and give Moli a bit of pitch time aswell. Even if it is in the cup competitions which im hoping Stale wont forfeit like MM

geowolf

Reaction score
I'm honestly baffled why you would want to keep him?! Can't pass a ball, liability on the ball are just some of his major weaknesses. Won't fit into Solbakken's philosophy at all, sell him to QPR so he can team up with the other thug of the EPL Barton.

"sell him to QPR so he can team up with the other thug of the EPL Barton"

Lost for words, can't believe someone on a Wolves forum would write that.

Back
Top Bottom