Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next Season Expectations

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This may be a bit premature as we don't fully know the squad for next season, but now that "phase 1" of the plan is complete with the appointment of Lage; what is everyone's expectations for next season?

Personally, I'd be happy with a top half finish if we get some entertaining football and I have a feeling we'll do a Leeds and give a few thumpings, but take some in return.

Some of you may feel like we can push for Europe, and others may think just staying in the PL will be good enough, but it'll be interesting to find out where everyone stands on this. :)

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
7th or sacked ain't it!
I've got a good feeling about this, with a decent window we'll be at worst 10th with some decent football along the way.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have said on other threads that I do worry. Well I did worry because of last season and the dip in performance and I doubted we had enough budget to make significant changes.

But as Jeff says this is a new cycle. The fact they have made such a huge decision gives me hope that we will see a bigger squad refresh than I expected a month ago.

I do think it's a risk but nothing is certain so we just have to wait and see. I don't think anyone knows how it's going to go because we just don't know what the squad will look like.

I am actually a little more optimistic that Lage will be supported so I think we will be OK - 8th -12th is my guess.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Sky High. Ever the optimist. Raul and Silva 35 goals between them. Mrs Lupo demanding sex at every opportunity. The new away kit will be amazing. Talisca will sign (albeit after a difficult landing at Halfpenny Green). The Mix will only have happy elves posting on it. It’s going to be a great year!

Last edited by a moderator:

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Between 18th and 15th...Sorry - Just have a bed feeling we're going to lose establish Premier League players only to be replaced by Uncle Jorge Kindergarden project, but this time will not cut the mustard.

Please load the gun and shoot me down at the end of the season....PLEASE...But!

Nivada

Reaction score
11th but real promise, do very well against the sides lower than us but really struggle against any sides higher than 9th.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
12th and similar to this season . Can't think of many teams that will have a complete overhaul and lose best players and improve can you ? I suppose Leicester ?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope for top half but think we’re going to be in for a difficult season.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
  • Match threads will still be hard reading
  • other teams will always be better/faster/more entertaining
  • there will be pant wetting
  • there will be happy clapping
  • a jay jay poll or two
  • verdict threads will be a gazillion pages after a loss
  • verdict threads will be 5 pages (at most) after a win unless we win 10-0 then at least a gazillion pages
  • @Lupo will still be pining for Gal
  • @Jack Russell and @astraltrader will have a YouTube fight over rights to start match thread
  • VAR will still be an abortion
  • Refs will still be ****
genuinely don’t know but would be happy with 10th - 4th o_O o_O - actually would be ecstatic with 4th not just happy!!
also a good cup run or win!!

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
waiting until I see the squad.but last seasons expectations included raul scoring 20plus
and neto and podence both easily getting more goals than jota

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
- players start the game looking like they knew there was a game that day when they got up that morning
- defend corners
- defend crosses
- try and score goals from corners
- have a player in the box when a wide player crosses the ball
- positive play

we don’t have to be the best team in the league, it’s okay to get beaten by better teams, but to just turn up and roll over is unacceptable

Do all the above and might be a good season

Writer Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We'll finish higher under Lage than if Nuno was still at the helm.

Whether that's 8th or 18th is anyone's guess but I have a feeling we'll do well under a new system and with fresh players.

I'd say between 7th and 11th with more attractive football and promising signs for the following season.

Gromit

Reaction score
This may be a bit premature as we don't fully know the squad for next season, but now that "phase 1" of the plan is complete with the appointment of Lage; what is everyone's expectations for next season?

Personally, I'd be happy with a top half finish if we get some entertaining football and I have a feeling we'll do a Leeds and give a few thumpings, but take some in return.

Some of you may feel like we can push for Europe, and others may think just staying in the PL will be good enough, but it'll be interesting to find out where everyone stands on this. :)
With you Maswolf. Hoping we become good to watch as opposed to last season's cross.
Cup run wouldn't go amiss either.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without a number of additions and if we sell our best players then I can see a huge struggle.

If we do the transfer market correctly then 7th again.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Saying “we don’t fully know the squad” is a bit of an understatement!

Im not massively hopeful but surely wait a couple of months?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season the top 6 (apart from Chelsea) plus Spurs and Leeds, all scored more than 60 goals with City and United scoring 83 and 73

We scored 36. (only the bottom 4 scored less and Albion 35 and Burnley 33 were only a few behind us)

Next Season I'd like to see us get close to the 60 mark.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ned

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This season the top 6 (apart from Chelsea) plus Spurs and Leeds, all scored more than 60 goals with City and United scoring 83 and 73

We scored 36.

Next Season I'd like to see us pass the 60 mark.
We could have that in 6 games if his Benfica stint is anything to go by.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I expect to see the team and our style of play evolve in a way that sees us be able to put teams to the sword, and I feel really optimistic about Bruno being able to help make this happen.

More goals scored, play to be fast paced and open. Top 10 finish. I think we may flirt with the top 6/7 too - but this isn’t an expectation of mine.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got the same gut feeling now as I did when Nuno was appointed, which is damned good. But that could change depending on what the owners do in the transfer market over the summer, particularly in terms of outgoing rather than incoming players, that will give us more of clue where we're heading.

Keep our crown jewels and add a couple of excellent players and I trust Lage will get the best out of them.

Should add I was extremely optimistic this time last year, 2, maybe 3 players should have seen us pushing for 4-6th, but we chose to sell Jota and Dohery, who were both integral parts of our finely tuned machine

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expect to see the team and our style of play evolve in a way that sees us be able to put teams to the sword, and I feel really optimistic about Bruno being able to help make this happen.

More goals scored, play to be fast paced and open. Top 10 finish. I think we may flirt with the top 6/7 too - but this isn’t an expectation of mine.
Think he will get us scoring more, what will determine our final position is how quickly he can do that, and if he can balance that with a decent defense and not end up like Blackpool scoring plenty but shipping as many or more

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would happily take a season similar to Leeds this year.

All out thunder ******* football, pure entertainment, top half finish.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think he will get us scoring more, what will determine our final position is how quickly he can do that, and if he can balance that with a decent defense and not end up like Blackpool scoring plenty but shipping as many or more

Yeah, I’m actually quite confident he’s going to do wonders for us in attack, my intrigue is what he does with the defence. Time and patience required.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this season we will be in for a bit of a roller coaster of a ride, my expectations are that we consolidate our PL place and have a decent Cup run, squad wise i think we all realise defensively we need strengthening especially at Centre Back, midfield needs someone who can provide a bit of grit/bite and a number 10 type player, personally i think we need a minimum of 4 players added to the squad, more if any of Joao, Donk, Saiss, Podence, Traore, Rui, Neves leave basically a big job ahead for Fosun and Bruno.
I think we will likely get a few tonkings, also have the odd 3 goal salvo from us, but we should see 90 minute displays rather than the rope a dope tactics that have become the norm.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don’t quite get this entertaining talk. I found being in the champ really entertaining- but I couldn’t wait to get promoted.
I think teams that deep down know they aren’t going to achieve anything (Spurs, Arsenal, the “West Ham way”) go on about entertainment. Teams that want to achieve something (be that win the title or even just avoid relegation) don’t actually give a toss they just care about getting enough points to achieve what they need.

Anyway to answer the question… I think it’s going to be a right hard slog and I think we will end up fighting to avoid relegation. Would obviously love to be proven wrong and hope we are going for to half.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As the OP states, impossible to really predict until we know how well we’ve done in the transfer market, all we can do is guess depending on how much we trust Fosun to get this right

I’m feeling optimistic, and despite the large turnover of players, we have too much support in the transfer market to go too far wrong so I’m feeling 7-10th, but a brand of football that has us out of our seats on a regular basis

cup run too

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Just too early to tell what’s going to happen at the moment. Just depends what money we can raise from sales, and who we get in to replace them. Would love a top half finish- that would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom