Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle United Pre-Match Thread

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy Friday, one and all!

A relegation-threatened Newcastle United is this evening's challenge in Match 32 of 38. It gives us the perfect opportunity to very much increase the pressure - in the ambition of dusting off the passports for a 2nd European Tour in just three years.

Knowing how the lads did their thing on Saturday and how Spurs cut the Toon apart on Sunday, I do not doubt that a repeat performance from last weekend will see us claim victory.

Will Jonny keep himself at RWB?

Will the back-three from Saturday remain the same?

How will the Midfield shape up?

Who starts up top?

And can Fabio finally break his season's duck?

I hope everyone enjoys the game - not least the more than 3k heading up North on a Friday night, proving the sheer brilliance of our fan base despite the complete lunacy and total disregard shown by Sky UK Limited and The Football Association Premier League Limited...

Finally, 3 points will put us on nine wins away this campaign - one off our best of ten successes during 1979/1980.

Up The Wolves!

Last edited:

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to it, but i think our slight hopes of top six/seven will be over if we don't win. Given we have Chelsea, City and Liverpool to play, this is one we need maximum points from.

Same team for me I think.

Nivada

Reaction score
Quite simply have to get 3 points from all the sides below us to guarantee Europe, same team go out to control the game from the off.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a big fan of Friday evening matches. Not sure why.

Newcastle were in good form following the appointment of Howe, but have lost the last 3 including the drubbing at Spuds. We're in decent form and have leaned how to score goals again, so on paper and Lawro; we should win. Unfortunately football doesn't work like that and St. James' is always a difficult place to go.
Wouldn't be desperately upset with a point, but a win puts pressure on the teams around us.

Jimi out, means that almost certainly Silva will lead the attack. Look forwards to seeing what I missed during the first half against Villa.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know why but I don't fancy us in this one. Just a gut feeling. Hope I'm wrong. Damned wrong.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd love to see almost the same team as he played against Villa but with Neto in for Podence.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just like Leeds, TV wants Newcastle in top flight while they don’t want us near top six.

We’ll get done by VAR or ref tonight. Probably both.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just like Leeds, TV wants Newcastle in top flight while they don’t want us near top six.

We’ll get done by VAR or ref tonight. Probably both.
I'd have given this a dismissive laughing reaction a while back but I'm sadly in agreement. The fact that this sort of thing can be predicated with some form of accuracy is what worries me most about the top flight and their reasoning behind VAR.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be happy with the same team as Saturday as there is probably no need to change things but wouldn't moan too much if we swaped Jonny to the left and put Semedo in at RWB. As we have a week off after this game, though, I would e inclined to give Semedo's hamstring another few weeks recovery if needed.

If we have genuine European hopes then we need to think like a big club and see this as a game we should be winning. We need to win this so simply need to turn up and play front foot football after the initial reaction from Newcastle in the first 10-15mins.

Geordie Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
How’s this for a song?
(To the tune of Tottenham get battered everywhere they go)
“Journalists get murdered everywhere you go!”
Lyrics are simple enough

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't matter where Newcastle United are in the league, I always think a trip there is a tough game. But with the right approach and attitude we should be able to bring three points home.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1649425165468.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAATCHDAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!

Here we go again. After the high of last weekends big derby win it’s time to back it up. Bruno’s boys are back on the road again, with a long old trek up North!

I say it every week but it’s a tough one today. At Christmas time you’d have been looking at this one and thinking it’s gonna be a massive game for Newcastle and possibly us, but actually they’re pretty much safe now, that’s a good old turnaround that! They might play with a bit more freedom as a result. Makes them dangerous.

It’s probably goes without saying but we could really do with a win tonight. Ideally we wanna clock up as many points as we can before we play the top 3 right at the end of the season and that includes tonight.

In terms of team selection Bruno must be tempted to stick with the team that gave Villa a kicking. I wonder if he’ll go back to a midfield three though as we’re away. Cundle in for Trincao?

Whether you’re following the game from Newcastle, Wolverhampton or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Wetherspoons down by Quayside, plenty of wolves knocking about already.

Come on me babbies

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to cracking open a few beers and watching this on the telly, good luck to everyone who has made the journey.
Let’s hope the lads can put us in a good mood for the rest of the weekend :)

COYW

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Off the Toon forum:

'There won't be much in this at all. Wolves have the best away record in the league outside the top three. The foundation of that is they're a really solid defensive unit. That'll be boosted by the returns of Boly and Semedo.

While defensively solid they have found goals hard to come by and that won't be helped with missing their biggest two threats in Neves and Jiminez. That means they'll be relying on a tricky but erratic front three of Podence, Trincao and Silva to do the damage.

Yesterday's horror show aside. We haven't conceded more than one goal in a game since December, but much like Wolves we haven't exactly been electric in front of goal either. I do think we have to factor in a bouncing SJP under the lights. I think this will be a fairly low scoring game and I'm torn between 0-0 or 1-0 to us.'

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
Watching this in the hotel bar in Tunisia tonight, c’mon me babbies make me proud..!

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What kit are we wearing?

Hoping all old gold.

However, the only other combination I can think that would be acceptable is old gold tops and white shorts. I hope not. It gives me flash backs from the original Chorley away match!!

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am really gutted to be missing this tonight, I am off for a pub meal (not arranged by me!) and they don't have sky :(

Its going to be really hard to keep off my phone all night!

Anyway, I think it will be 1-2 to the good guys

Come on me babies....

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What kit are we wearing?

Hoping all old gold.

However, the only other combination I can think that would be acceptable is old gold tops and white shorts. I hope not. It gives me flash backs from the original Chorley away match!!
I don't think the Premier League insist on different colour shorts so we could wear black.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would say I’m looking forward to sitting down and watching this but how much coverage do you think we’ll actually have tonight before they go on about city v Liverpool at the weekend?

We take bets in our house as to how long it takes Carragher to mention Liverpool. Can’t say it will be much different to Neville and United.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Blyth at wife’s grandparents house.

Wife and her Dad have tickets. I don’t have one.

Told Grandad that I would buy the beers if we watch in the pub.

“OK Bonny Lad. And I’ll shout for your lads”

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Waiting at Monkseaton metro and surrounded by Mags

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're potentially a different beast now, very difficult to predict how they'll do. Dangerous down the left with Joelinton and ASM and with Guimaraes (who would've been superb in our side) in midfield they could be electric. But then they've got Wood up front and a few mediocre players in key positions - Shelvey and the Longstaffs are all bang average.

I'm gonna be brave and go 1-1!!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would say I’m looking forward to sitting down and watching this but how much coverage do you think we’ll actually have tonight before they go on about city v Liverpool at the weekend?

We take bets in our house as to how long it takes Carragher to mention Liverpool. Can’t say it will be much different to Neville and United.

55 mins banging on about the same boring crap Sky Sports are going on about all day and then 5 mins on our game is my bet.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
I think your right.
And I assume we will.
But hope we wear gold shorts..

Will be daft if we wear the white kit.
We haven't changed to all gold since the first season back in the prem - w88 kit.
So it will be black shorts which in my opinion is right, we wear gold tops and black shorts unless forced to change (oh and gold socks too, hate it when we have black ones)

Back
Top Bottom