Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New or Up and Coming Defenders

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The area of our team where we currently seem vulnerable (part from the constant striker) in the next few years for me is defence. the two Bs of BCB are 28+ and what cover do we have?

We have Ruben Vinagre and it would be great to have a central defender with this potential.
Seeing how good Virgil van Dijk is, for me, we be looking for the next up and coming defender.
How good are the U23s and will Kourtney return?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
The area of our team where we currently seem vulnerable (part from the constant striker) in the next few years for me is defence. the two Bs of BCB are 28+ and what cover do we have?

We have Ruben Vinagre and it would be great to have a central defender with this potential.
Seeing how good Virgil van Dijk is, for me, we be looking for the next up and coming defender.
How good are the U23s and will Kourtney return?
Hause will return to say his goodbyes

E

E is for idiot.

That lad from Ajax that everyone wants. Massively unlikely but that would be a great signing.

D

Deleted member 4184

Eder Militao
Any of the cbs from. RB Leipzig
Ruben Dias

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Realistically i think there are a couple of good cb's at Atalanta, used to playing in a back 3.

superwolves

Reaction score
Next season Nuno will have to look to play more of an open game. Teams are gonna respect us more the emphasis will be on us breaking teams down more. The defence will need improving to be able to do this

K

Knocker Lite

Sell the project to Aaron Wan-Bissaka who at six foot tall should develop into a right sided full back or centre back of high quality. Palace want close to 40 million and Wolves should pay it. He has choices of clubs in the top six but would they play him every week. Nuno will if we pull off the transfer.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
What about that guy at Chelsea, Christensen? He’s very highly rated but can’t really get in their team.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defenders is more about how they fit then how amazing they are for me. Going forward you can have individual talent but at the back you need a unit.

Right wing back, I like Aaron Wan-Bissaka but the cost is high. But I really like Youcef Atal, career really starting to get steam.

At centre back, every team is looking for a top defender, De Ligt, Eder Milito and Skriniar could go to any team they want and I don't even want to see people put us near the conversation.

Red Bull Leipzig, Dortmund and PSG are stockpiling good centre backs.

But with De Ligt taking all the hype at Ajax, a situation like Dendoncker and Teleimans is happening again, with Perr Schuurs going under the radar.

Andres Christensen could be available at Chelsea, if you want a low risk more.

Nico Elvedi is worth scouting at Gladback.

Along with Atal Nice have Malang Sarr, an athletic ball playing defender who is a touch small.

Celtic have a few centre backs to keep an eye on, Kristoffer Ajer has a lot of potential.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few months ago I'm sure I read somewhere we were interested in Gianluca Mancini. He's 22 and plays RCB in a 3 already

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me I'd sign:

1) Raul

2) a target-man reserve striker - could be loan, could be younger (older than Mir) permanent. Someone like a Locadia we were linked with before he went to Brighton.

3) a creative attacking midfielder (to unlock defences and provide an alternative to MGW and Moutinho). Someone like a Joao Felix or Deulofeu (dream?).

4) a RWB (unless we believe Gilles will come through as the 4th WB)

5) an extra quality CB (able to play across back?). Someone like Ruben Dias.

To provide space sell 2-3:

1) Bonatini
2) Hause
3) Costa? If we are planning to play 2 up top.

Plus a few other loan players (e.g. Bright).

Then team would be

Patricio, Boly, Coady, new CB, Vinagre or Otto, Neves, Donck, new RWB or Doherty, new AM or Moutinho, Jota, Raul.

Subs would be Ruddy, Saiss (cover for Donck and RCB), MGW (cover for Neves or AM), one of Vinagre or Otto or Doherty or new RWB (cover for WB), Reserve target-man striker (cover for Raul), Moutinho or Attacking Midfielder (cover for AM), Cav/Traore (cover for Jota/Raul/RWB in Traore's case)
Squad players would be Norris, Bennett, Gilles, 4th WB (Vinagre, Otto, Doherty and new RWB), one of Cav/Traore plus a couple of U-23s.

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

Defenders is more about how they fit then how amazing they are for me. Going forward you can have individual talent but at the back you need a unit.

Right wing back, I like Aaron Wan-Bissaka but the cost is high. But I really like Youcef Atal, career really starting to get steam.

At centre back, every team is looking for a top defender, De Ligt, Eder Milito and Skriniar could go to any team they want and I don't even want to see people put us near the conversation.

Red Bull Leipzig, Dortmund and PSG are stockpiling good centre backs.

But with De Ligt taking all the hype at Ajax, a situation like Dendoncker and Teleimans is happening again, with Perr Schuurs going under the radar.

Andres Christensen could be available at Chelsea, if you want a low risk more.

Nico Elvedi is worth scouting at Gladback.

Along with Atal Nice have Malang Sarr, an athletic ball playing defender who is a touch small.

Celtic have a few centre backs to keep an eye on, Kristoffer Ajer has a lot of potential.

Eder Militao has already signed for Real Madrid anyway.

S

Shifnal Wolf

Sell the project to Aaron Wan-Bissaka who at six foot tall should develop into a right sided full back or centre back of high quality. Palace want close to 40 million and Wolves should pay it. He has choices of clubs in the top six but would they play him every week. Nuno will if we pull off the transfer.

I know he’s well thought of but I didn’t rate him at our place, looked decent going forward but poor defensively!

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben Dias, as others have said.
I thought Ruben Dias looked very classy alongside Pepe for Portugal in the week. Looks to have a good presence in the way Van Dijk does, not in his class yet but he looks like he could be at the very top of the game before long. His passing was very good too

Would love him but I think we'll be competing with the elite for his signature in the summer if we are interested. Hope we are

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delufeu would be a class signing I think.
Play in different systems, roles, positions.
Wonder how much he'd cost.

K

Knocker Lite

David Luiz anyone, Is better when playing in a three, speaks the right language, highly experienced. Can play out from the back, likely to be available this summer.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Luiz anyone, Is better when playing in a three, speaks the right language, highly experienced. Can play out from the back, likely to be available this summer.

David Luiz plays the sweeper though, with the way Coady has performed this season it's not really a position which needs an upgrade imo, more pressing areas than that

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You're going to struggle to pick up young quality cb's for good value now, they're crucial to any team and most of those mentioned on this thread will end up at top top clubs (maybe we'll be one of them in a few year's who know's).

De Ligt is almost certain to go to Barca and Ruben Dias will leave Benfica for a big fee but maybe we'll have a sniff with Mendes involved?

Germany seem's to produce some cracking centre halves. Sule has come through at Bayern and there are good youngsters in Tah, Upacempo and Zagadou (sp on the last two?).

It's a position as I say every team needs and a good one like Van Dijk can make all the difference. Wouldn't surprise me if we went for somebody like Zouma or Christiansen to supplement Boly or Coacy with the Bennett as a back up and the Donk/ Saiss being able to step in if needed.

Back
Top Bottom