Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New fixtures - first and last

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ll have already been generated and sent to the Big Six for their feedback and amendments.
Maybe 10 years ago that would happen. These days the big 6 just do the draw themselves on the morning.

Klopp then forgets that and has a hissy fit 3 months later lol

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Maybe 10 years ago that would happen. These days the big 6 just do the draw themselves on the morning.

Klopp then forgets that and has a hissy fit 3 months later lol
Was a really good (and long) article on it for those with a subscription to The Athletic.

How Premier League and EFL works out fixtures: Algorithms, pairing teams and long Tuesday away trips:

The guy who does the fixtures every year seems like he's used to conspiracy theories:

"Thompson is used to being depicted as the dastardly menace out to sabotage clubs and will knowingly roll his eyes at the suggestion of his fixtures being rigged. “Over the years you get used to it,” he said."

They do the bare bones of the fixtures and then questionnaires are sent to every club, who are asked for views and observations on the schedule placed in front of them. That brings the opportunity for feedback, with clubs able to make date requests to their relevant league.

One club might be keen to play away from home on the same weekend a major public event is taking place in their town or city.

Another might also request away games either at the end or beginning of a season, because of planned ground improvements. That was the case with Liverpool in 2016-17, when their first three league matches, taking them up to the September international break, were all away from Anfield as they added the finishing touches to their new main stand. Their first home fixture that season wasn’t until September 10.

The Premier League and EFL will do their utmost to accommodate date requests but offer no guarantees. The EFL, for example, typically receive between 80 and 90 date requests from their 72 clubs in any given season. They estimate about 85 per cent of those get granted.

Last edited:

Bigcheese

Reaction score
Was a really good (and long) article on it for those with a subscription to The Athletic.

How Premier League and EFL works out fixtures: Algorithms, pairing teams and long Tuesday away trips:

The guy who does the fixtures every year seems like he's used to conspiracy theories:

"Thompson is used to being depicted as the dastardly menace out to sabotage clubs and will knowingly roll his eyes at the suggestion of his fixtures being rigged. “Over the years you get used to it,” he said."

They do the bare bones of the fixtures and then questionnaires are sent to every club, who are asked for views and observations on the schedule placed in front of them. That brings the opportunity for feedback, with clubs able to make date requests to their relevant league.

One club might be keen to play away from home on the same weekend a major public event is taking place in their town or city.

Another might also request away games either at the end or beginning of a season, because of planned ground improvements. That was the case with Liverpool in 2016-17, when their first three league matches, taking them up to the September international break, were all away from Anfield as they added the finishing touches to their new main stand. Their first home fixture that season wasn’t until September 10.

The Premier League and EFL will do their utmost to accommodate date requests but offer no guarantees. The EFL, for example, typically receive between 80 and 90 date requests from their 72 clubs in any given season. They estimate about 85 per cent of those get granted.
According to it,we start with Man Utd at home, bring em on.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ll be away first weekend because of the Commonwealth Games (police request)

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The set of fixtures posted on here including United at Home as the first game are 100% fake, the list includes games on the 24th of September however that weekend is reserved for the final 2 Nation League games

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The set of fixtures posted on here including United at Home as the first game are 100% fake, the list includes games on the 24th of September however that weekend is reserved for the final 2 Nation League games

Attachments

• 3BF0C10D-7436-4A93-AD09-4EA9C4ACD719.jpeg
    3BF0C10D-7436-4A93-AD09-4EA9C4ACD719.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 18

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know why people bother. Every single year you get it, all complete and utter *******s.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ll be away first weekend because of the Commonwealth Games (police request)

Where have you seen this? Thought it was jjst the friendly the week before - or is it because Albion have played away first game, so will be at home, so we will be away therefore?

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mail says post World cup games will be Dec 26 ,31 and Jan 2 .But what Amazon and Sky will do to that is anyone's guess.

Big mid season break for many Prem players whilst World cup is played.

16 rounds of games before World cup starts.

Richboxy

Groupie
Reaction score
First 6 games

Leeds A
Fulham H
Spurs A
New H
Bomo A
Saints H

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I posted it because I knew it was fake. I was being ironic but maybe I was being too subtle.

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Arsenal away last game of season???

Bournemouth away - Wed 31st Aug???

Richboxy

Groupie
Reaction score
From the same folk who leaked this; Boxing Day is Everton Away
I didn’t think there were going to be any boxing day fixtures this year due to the World Cup… I suppose they’re all subject to change anyway as games get picked for tv.

Neves wolf

Reaction score
I didn’t think there were going to be any boxing day fixtures this year due to the World Cup… I suppose they’re all subject to change anyway as games get picked for tv.

I think the league restarts on boxing day after the world Cup.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PL Restarts after World Cup with Gameweek 17 on Boxing Day

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are we away first and last games yet again? Takes the ****

Back
Top Bottom