Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Chance For The Loanees?

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm on record as a Nuno-In fella. But it's all academic now. So, in the spirit of moving on to the new era...

We need a bigger squad next season, and have quality (to varying degrees) players out on loan. Clearly Nuno already had his opinions on each of them.
Which players do you think should be given a chance to be in the first team squad next year?

Personally:
Sanderson - Maybe not a regular starter based on a few good months in the third tier, but depending on formation could well get some game time to prove himself, and I'd feel better about having him on the bench than wondering which midfielder will fill in at the back if needed.
Mir - Surely makes sense. We'd have to spend 20-25 million to get him if he wasn't already ours, and we want a third striking option.
Giles - totally untested at this level, but thinking purely about squad size. He could come in for cup games and have a chance to prove himself.
Ronan - I'm sure I might be in a minority on this, because it feels like that ship has sailed, but I've always rated him for his guile and intelligence with the ball, I think he could be a surprise hit if he was in the squad and featured from the bench a few times.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huesca relegated does that make any purchase clause null and void?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm on record as a Nuno-In fella. But it's all academic now. So, in the spirit of moving on to the new era...

We need a bigger squad next season, and have quality (to varying degrees) players out on loan. Clearly Nuno already had his opinions on each of them.
Which players do you think should be given a chance to be in the first team squad next year?

Personally:
Sanderson - Maybe not a regular starter based on a few good months in the third tier, but depending on formation could well get some game time to prove himself, and I'd feel better about having him on the bench than wondering which midfielder will fill in at the back if needed.
Mir - Surely makes sense. We'd have to spend 20-25 million to get him if he wasn't already ours, and we want a third striking option.
Giles - totally untested at this level, but thinking purely about squad size. He could come in for cup games and have a chance to prove himself.
Ronan - I'm sure I might be in a minority on this, because it feels like that ship has sailed, but I've always rated him for his guile and intelligence with the ball, I think he could be a surprise hit if he was in the squad and featured from the bench a few times.
I would prefer to see Sanderson have a season in the championship to gain experience , iron out mistkes and gain more confidence at a higher level he played last season. The odd match in the first team may not at this stage help his progress.
Giles unless we bring in another lwb should be useful as back up to Ait Nouri. If Jonny is back in January then loan him out again for regular game time.
Mir coming back is worth a shout if he wants to.
Ronan - yes.
I would add Jordao and Shabani for the new manager to look at and Morgan has proved he has more to his game than credited for previously.
New manager should be given time to sort out his squad.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone will start with a clean slate
Nuno may not have fancied them,and maybe they didnt suit his system,but whoever takes over will have his own ideas one way or another im sure

D

Deleted member 4184

I certainly wouldn't sell him for a greatly knocked down price. I still beleive that one day a manager will benefit from the undoubted talent he has that needs bringing out.

I would keep him. He's young enough to still improve and I think in a front two he would be useful.

Big pre season coming up,half excited and half dreading it lol

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone doesn't seem to make an impact anywhere.
It happens. Sometimes it just takes one person to make the difference. For years as a youngster I could not make an impact with the opposite sex until one day I met a smasher who welcomed me to her, wildly throwing away her white stick and with the help of her guide dog found me, and was my saviour and from then on I was freely scoring regularly.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Hopefully, we might all be pleasantly surprised with the strength in depth we actually have within the ranks, just needs someone brave enough to eek out the talent from within.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would take a close look at Mir, but I suspect he will be sold to part fund our rebuilding with a number of others

what do we think at these values?

Neves - £40m
Mir - £12m
Patriceo - £10m
Cutrone - £8m
Boly - £8m
Vinagre - £5m
Sai- £2m

I would expect Moutinho to move on as well which will free up some wages. But this is the best part of £80m assuming we can find a big buyer for Neves - personally I half expect him to go to Roma with Patriceo.

Bring Toti Gomes back and we need to fund five or six additions via that £80m plus loans to buy and maybe the odd free - there will be plenty looking for clubs.

I really would be looking at some of the lower leagues (or Scotland) and give someone a big chance and take a risk on the odd £3m or £5m punt.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huesca relegated so I doubt they’ll take up their option on Mir -either have a look or cash in.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would take a close look at Mir, but I suspect he will be sold to part fund our rebuilding with a number of others

what do we think at these values?

Neves - £40m
Mir - £12m
Patriceo - £10m
Cutrone - £8m
Boly - £8m
Vinagre - £5m
Sai- £2m

I would expect Moutinho to move on as well which will free up some wages. But this is the best part of £80m assuming we can find a big buyer for Neves - personally I half expect him to go to Roma with Patriceo.

Bring Toti Gomes back and we need to fund five or six additions via that £80m plus loans to buy and maybe the odd free - there will be plenty looking for clubs.

I really would be looking at some of the lower leagues (or Scotland) and give someone a big chance and take a risk on the odd £3m or £5m punt.
I would be heartbroken if we sell Neves.
I fully expect to be heartbroken.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just so long as we send Jose back, its all good.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be heartbroken if we sell Neves.
I fully expect to be heartbroken.
Sadly I believe you are correct. I think he has peaked at Wolves and fancies a crack at a team playing Champions League football. If he has a good Euros expect the bids to follow.

Has under-performed this season but still our best midfielder by some distance, so I would love to be proven wrong.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Personally:
Likely to be plenty of outgoings so very good chance 2 or 3 might have futures under new manager. Unfortunately Ronan and Sanderson are crocked and unlikely to feature in pre-season. For me Mir is the wildcard in the bunch.

Never got the sense Nuno rated any of the players out on loan.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly I believe you are correct. I think he has peaked at Wolves and fancies a crack at a team playing Champions League football. If he has a good Euros expect the bids to follow.

Has under-performed this season but still our best midfielder by some distance, so I would love to be proven wrong.
It could be the opposite. Maybe Neves did not see himself progressing under the current system and if its the right manager for him could feel that he can now step up to play a more expansive game. Its all conjecture.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could be the opposite. Maybe Neves did not see himself progressing under the current system and if its the right manager for him could feel that he can now step up to play a more expansive game. Its all conjecture.
Absolutely. Everyone assumes because a group of people have a nationality in common they are all 100% on the same page.
Jota seemed to make a few slightly barbed comments on our defensive approach.
I do think it is possible Neves will want to move on, but that could be LESS or more likely due to managerial change.

Back
Top Bottom