Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Among all the bull**** on sky last night I think we should acknowledge the goal Neves scored as a world class finish, the sort of magic that makes you want to watch this sport.
He put in a hard working display and lit the stadium and match with a finish of awesome skill, even VAR couldn't spoil it.

Last edited:

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Among all the bull**** on sky last night I think we should acknowledge the goal Neves scored as a world class finish, the sort if magic that makes you want to watch this sport.
He put in a hard working display and lit the stadium and match with a finish of awesome skill, even VAR couldn't spoil it.
It tried it's best though, I was convinced with the length of time it took that it was going to be chalked off

M

merseawolf

Among all the bull**** on sky last night I think we should acknowledge the goal Neves scored as a world class finish, the sort if magic that makes you want to watch this sport.
Fabulous goal
Alan Brazil said his first touch wasn’t great this morning.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Amazing goal - i think i was still celebrating what I thought was Jiminez's fine header at the time!

Watched the Wolves video of it again this morning on instagram. Shame though that when Neves was running towards the south bank in celebration, our fans seemed more concerned with goading the Man Yoooo fans than celebrating the goal.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabulous goal
Alan Brazil said his first touch wasn’t great this morning.

Good job to... thankfully it got caught under his feet a tad, any better touch and it would have been blocked
Funnily enough,it wasn't a good first touch against Derby either but ....

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It tried it's best though, I was convinced with the length of time it took that it was going to be chalked off
I was in a loud pub, so couldn't hear the match, but for me, Jota was offside when he played the ball and appeared to be when they drew the lines on the screen, was any explanation given???

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

The wonderkid from Porto is building up a Greatest Hits collection to rival The Beatles.

Everything about it was wonderful, the drilled pass from Moutinho to pick him out, the short back lift. Still can't believe these guys play for us.

M

merseawolf

Good job to... thankfully it got caught under his feet a tad, any better touch and it would have been blocked
Funnily enough,it wasn't a good first touch against Derby either but ....
Jeez the ball from Moutinho was banged in at a fair pace. To kill it get it out his feet and dispatch it into the top corner was a thing of beauty. Not many players could of done that in 3 touches let alone 3.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in a loud pub, so couldn't hear the match, but for me, Jota was offside when he played the ball and appeared to be when they drew the lines on the screen, was any explanation given???

I don’t understand your confusion. Jota received the ball from the corner so couldn’t be offside.

His position when playing the return pass is irrelevant

Moutinho position WAS relevant however

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How could jota be offside from a corner?

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was brilliant, not very often you see a corner routine work out like that, perfect pass to him then great technique to control and finish it. Always looks and sounds better when it comes from underside of the bar too.
Barely a mention from Sky last night, can you imagine if Pogba or James had scored it? They would of been masterbating over it in the studio

R

reanswolf

Amazing goal - i think i was still celebrating what I thought was Jiminez's fine header at the time!

Watched the Wolves video of it again this morning on instagram. Shame though that when Neves was running towards the south bank in celebration, our fans seemed more concerned with goading the Man Yoooo fans than celebrating the goal.
That’s youth for ya, well several hundred in the corner. I do know what you mean tho. But that’s the corner he likes to go to.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thought Moutinho's elbow was offside. Neville and Carragher banged on about who should take penalties for Man Utd for half an hour instead.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How could jota be offside from a corner?
Indeed.....but it seemed to me that that was what they were checking, not Moutinhos position as I could not hear! Had me all a bit puzzled tbh!

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

Apparently Clattenburg on beIN Sports said two of our players stood in front of the keeper should have been done for offside.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Moutinho's elbow was offside. Neville and Carragher banged on about who should take penalties for Man Utd for half an hour instead.
You cannot score with your elbow so arm/elbow can be offside. It’s why the VAR was tiring to ‘guess’ where mouts armpit was

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed.....but it seemed to me that that was what they were checking, not Moutinhos position as I could not hear! Had me all a bit puzzled tbh!
Recorded it, but not watched the match back yet, but if they had ruled that goal of beauty out for no reason, my season ticket would be being returned.

I celebrated hard for ages, then someone pointed out it had gone to VAR. I was like wtf, this season is going to be all the poorer for it. I hope it doesnt damage the game to much.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're trying to use VAR in a way which is well inside it's margin of error

I'll agree with VAR until things like our penalty at Leicester and Daniel James getting a second yellow are given

I don't see how they can be so granular in one respect and still really lax in another

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a world class goal. Only the idiots at Sky could have downplayed it so much. A fantastiv highlights reel of his goals is building up. We must keep invedting inba team with him at the centre and probably future captain.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredible goal.

Up until that point, he was probably having one of his worst ever games for us!

I was going to post the same. Don’t think he passed to a wolves player all night and lost the ball in the Man U goal. But all is forgiven when he pops up and does that

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Passing radar was a bit broken last night but the shooting radar was fully functioning, another beauty for his collection.

M

Mr Wolf

Not sure if the ball went forwards or not but Var for that **** is a joke. It doesn’t seem to review anything else like a dive or bad tackle & the offside where Jota went through when the flag didn’t go up as they are told then we kept the ball for the 2nd phase Id be fuming if I was a Man U fan.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know why var couldn’t send James off once he dived the second time . Ref acknowledged first one as a dive and should have been a yellow

D

Deleted member LP 3925

With VAR, we're quickly moving towards Shankley/Nicholson/ Cloughie's comment as complete ruling:

"If he's not interfering with play, then what's he doing on the pitch?"

But to a level of madness where a stray fingernail 30 metres away from the ball can be classed as interference.

Mr Chad

Groupie
Reaction score
With VAR, we're quickly moving towards Shankley/Nicholson/ Cloughie's comment as complete ruling:

"If he's not interfering with play, then what's he doing on the pitch?"

But to a level of madness where a stray fingernail 30 metres away from the ball can be classed as interference.

I just think they need to tweak the offside rules so that it's just where the players feet are. Would make the officials lives so much easier, and be so much quicker to resolve as well.

Back
Top Bottom