Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves x 200

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly thanks to Ruben for everything he has done for us over the past 5 seasons, I go back to the mid 1960,s and he is without doubt the best player I have seen play for us in a Wolves shirt, he has left me with some great memories since he has been with us for which I am eternally grateful. I think if Ruben has a choice he would prefer to join Barcelona but they wont want to pay as much as a big British team so Im guessing its down to what sort of deal Jorge can thrash out with Barca, Ruben going to Barca would see an end to Adama going there unless its a straight swap for Trincao, Trincao and £50 million for Ruben and Adama would be acceptable to me but do Barca have the money ?.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I would hate to see Ruben playing against us in the PL.
Would be happy if he went to Barca and chase his dreams.
Don't think our paths would cross in the near future. But you never know. A friendly with Barca may be part of the deal.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would prefer puig mingueza and nico from barcelona rather than 40 million.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like to agree but the thought of seeing Ruben in a Manure shirt at Molineux makes me sick.
I know what you mean; but the scenario that leads to the best possible wolves team is most important.
If we swap neves for three young players with bags of potential (3 Trincao’s) we could be in a proper mess.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you mean; but the scenario that leads to the best possible wolves team is most important.
If we swap neves for three young players with bags of potential (3 Trincao’s) we could be in a proper mess.
Mendes will decide who we get so if it's another Fabio and another Hwang it will be somewhat underwhelming.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Press in Spain saying Ruben wants move to Barcelona but Barcelona have no money lol. Ah another transfer Saga like Adama’s!!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes was nowt to do with hwang.......that was on our recruitment....as was donk and Cutrone...
I know he didn't give us Hwang but he's perfectly capable of installing a player of similar low quality on us, remember it's what makes him the most money that is the overriding factor. If we end up with quality players which has happened in the past it will be a nice bonus.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he didn't give us Hwang but he's perfectly capable of installing a player of similar low quality on us, remember it's what makes him the most money that is the overriding factor. If we end up with quality players which has happened in the past it will be a nice bonus.
Yes.....but our recruitment, or level we get without Jorge is generally way off , what we do get with him

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ll take players then. Lots of them.
I think can only do 3 deals with 1 club per window so not sure how we would get around that one

Why would we want 3 unproven kids for our best player with no money? Ridiculous to even entertain that

Nico Gonzalez, Mingueza, Trincao, Puig can you really see them giving us these 4 players permanently for Neves?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think can only do 3 deals with 1 club per window so not sure how we would get around that one

Why would we want 3 unproven kids for our best player with no money? Ridiculous to even entertain that

Nico Gonzalez, Mingueza, Trincao, Puig can you really see them giving us these 4 players permanently for Neves?
All this Barcelona stuff annoys me.
They’ve got no money but are buying Levandowski, Raphina, Neves etc etc.

Only thing I can think of is they are supposed to be selling Dembele to Chelsea.

I’d take cash plus players. We have the bargaining power with anyone so why not?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Only thing I can think of is they are supposed to be selling Dembele to Chelsea.

I’d take cash plus players. We have the bargaining power with anyone so why not?
It’s going to drag on, I’d rather have the cash myself let’s see how this plays out

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dembele is out of contract.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read that Man Utd (Yuck!) are giving their new man £120 million to spend.
Well that should just about cover Ruben's transfer fee and salary!

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't drag on all summer with Barca tekkin the ****, if we need to sell to buy a deal needs to be done as soon as possible, I don't want another window with 11th hour bids for Kieffer ****ing Moore

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca will not be short of money as they are refinancing including around £250mill. from Spotify.
No idea how it affects their salary budget

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not saying it's not limited to three deals per window but where's that written? Can only find stuff about loan limits

Could circumvent it easy enough though, especially with Mendes connections. Barca sell said player(s) to Mendes club who then sell straight to us

I mean, it's stating the obvious but Mendes is gonna be heavily involved in this deal and if Neves wants to go to Barcelona then it'll be down to Mendes to get a deal organised that suits Wolves so his client can get the move he wants

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don’t we just spend the neves money before it comes in like villa did with grealish??

Neves will definitely go this summer so why not say spend 40m of it now ontop of budgeted transfer kitty? Then add any additional fee over the £40 to the pot to sign more as the window goes on.

It really isn’t that difficult

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don’t we just spend the neves money before it comes in like villa did with grealish??

Neves will definitely go this summer so why not say spend 40m of it now ontop of budgeted transfer kitty? Then add any additional fee over the £40 to the pot to sign more as the window goes on.

It really isn’t that difficult
Why take a risk and be forced to sell him? At the moment clubs are making enquiries barcelona have no money apparently that’s the move he wants

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why take a risk and be forced to sell him? At the moment clubs are making enquiries barcelona have no money apparently that’s the move he wants
Where is the risk? The club and our owners have money to spend. There is no FFP penalties at play.

With the fact they have again put season ticket prices up despite us not getting anything close to a better product and their incompetence cost the club the 4 million+ of lost prize money and a very likely European place with how every other team did. They need to show us fans they are still serious about the club as the last few windows have been a shambles and not one that shows there is a serious “project” in motion that was used to get our initial crop of players that gave us some of the best moments in decades.

Apart from being in the prem, what is the lure to play for wolves currently? As if I looked at wolves now as a potential signing compared to 2/3 years ago the project doesn’t look half as appealing and Sais comments about looking for “a serious project” aren’t exactly good things to come out!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is the risk? The club and our owners have money to spend. There is no FFP penalties at play.

With the fact they have again put season ticket prices up despite us not getting anything close to a better product and their incompetence cost the club the 4 million+ of lost prize money and a very likely European place with how every other team did. They need to show us fans they are still serious about the club as the last few windows have been a shambles and not one that shows there is a serious “project” in motion that was used to get our initial crop of players that gave us some of the best moments in decades.

Apart from being in the prem, what is the lure to play for wolves currently? As if I looked at wolves now as a potential signing compared to 2/3 years ago the project doesn’t look half as appealing and Sais comments about looking for “a serious project” aren’t exactly good things to come out!
Scott Sellars said he will not bankrupt the club. Neves being sold is for us to buy other players. That’s how it is that’s how we are being run

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Press in Spain saying Ruben wants move to Barcelona but Barcelona have no money lol. Ah another transfer Saga like Adama’s!!
I guess Luka Modric will need replacing at Real Madrid, he's 37 in September, although his legs show little sign of slowing down just yet.
Not sure if Ruben is mobile enough for Real but a big money transfer there would probably suit all parties, if Ruben was interested.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I guess Luka Modric will need replacing at Real Madrid, he's 37 in September, although his legs show little sign of slowing down just yet.
Not sure if Ruben is mobile enough for Real but a big money transfer there would probably suit all parties, if Ruben was interested.
They are signing Tchouameni for about £70M apparently to pair with Camavinga. Modric also re-signed straight after the final.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves went on holiday to Madrid not too long back?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scott Sellars said he will not bankrupt the club. Neves being sold is for us to buy other players. That’s how it is that’s how we are being run
He isn’t going to bankrupt the club with some front loaded recruiting.

Have you not seen how big we are in; e-sports, music and fashion in the Chinese club shop? Surely they are making us loads of cash……

Maybe we should spend money on the club and elevate earnings with winnings instead of trying to make us like the Red Bull sporting and entertainment brand and portfolio.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s what I always thought, but as below, they’ve retained him. Crazy. Although, he’s just won another CL starting at his age.

As for would Ruben be interested…,that’s Real Madrid. No such thing as not interested in Real.
You know, 14 european cups, and have contested 25% of the finals since it’s conception. Absolute madness.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He isn’t going to bankrupt the club with some front loaded recruiting.

Have you not seen how big we are in; e-sports, music and fashion in the Chinese club shop? Surely they are making us loads of cash……

Maybe we should spend money on the club and elevate earnings with winnings instead of trying to make us like the Red Bull sporting and entertainment brand and portfolio.
We will see in next years accounts then won’t we

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will see in next years accounts then won’t we
Well he isn’t bankrupting the club in one summer if we spend 50 million, if we can’t spend that without closing the doors and being in financial peril then Fosun have run us into the ground and are almost the second coming of the bhatti bothers….

I don’t think that is the case! It is word salad from sellers because he seems to be crap at his own job and sending excuses out that might scare people out of being critical of fosun for stopping to invest. As we allegedly had the funds to buy Sanches and Botman, without selling. Where has that money gone? So for him to say that and all this “we have to sell before we can buy” is nonsense as I refuse to believe we haven’t got a pot to **** in.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, re-signed, I hadn't heard. What a player Modric is! He'll be 37 knocking on 38 next season.

I watched him quite closely as I went to the Croatia vs Spain game last summer. I was surprised to see how much ground he still covered, but what was most noticeable was how clever his movement was. Never a wasted run, always finding the right spaces.
Amazing player..

Back
Top Bottom