Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves x 200

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big day tomorrow.
If Arsenal steal Champions league spot, that will certainly be his destination. Europa league...maybe.
World Cup year - he needs to be "guaranteed" start in August. Barcelona is way too volatile and unpredictable

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the Phillips article just about puts a lid on any hopes we had of Neves staying
It seems obvious if JP is writing that ,that its a done deal,just a matter of how much and where to be announced
Its been a great privilege to see him play and develop in our colours and i wish him all the best wherever he goes,preferably abroad though lol

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ the comments section there.
It’s the doom-mongering from here turned up to 11 and no dissenting reason.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big day tomorrow.
If Arsenal steal Champions league spot, that will certainly be his destination. Europa league...maybe.
World Cup year - he needs to be "guaranteed" start in August. Barcelona is way too volatile and unpredictable

I'm still confident he wont end up at Arsenal.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he's going to go at some point, so you have to sell while he's most valuable, and playing for Wolves midfield I doubt he would ever be more than £55, even if he has an absolute worldie of a season. I'd be happy with that, maybe 45 with Nico thrown in? Really need a bidding war between PSG, United and Arsenal to bump the price up.
Having sold Jota for £45, we'd be viewed as a Lille/Dortmund type club, where the best young players from southern Europe and Latin America would see us as brilliant to sign for. If that means we could challenge for cups and Europa I'd be happy with that!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he's going to go at some point, so you have to sell while he's most valuable, and playing for Wolves midfield I doubt he would ever be more than £55, even if he has an absolute worldie of a season. I'd be happy with that, maybe 45 with Nico thrown in? Really need a bidding war between PSG, United and Arsenal to bump the price up.
Having sold Jota for £45, we'd be viewed as a Lille/Dortmund type club, where the best young players from southern Europe and Latin America would see us as brilliant to sign for. If that means we could challenge for cups and Europa I'd be happy with that!

I really, really, hope that there are six zeros missing from the figures that you quote which are already depressing...

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to be a real shame when he does leave, but it's inevitable.

I think most are going to be very disappointed with the fee we get.

Talk of £100m is pure fantasy. He will go for a similar price to Jota - £40m - £50m with add ons.

He is worth more to us, but unfortunately the very top clubs are not going to spend £60-70m on a defensive midfielder.

If we get £45m for Neves, £20m for Donk, £10m fir Vinagre, £15m for Adama plus a bit of retained profit we could spend £80m plus salaries.

I would definitely add MGW & Toti to the squad, then you are needing to be adding a top quality centre back, three midfielders (one defensive and two attacking), then wide forward and a target man. That is six new first teamers with about £80m - one could be loan to buy, so maybe that £80m could be used on five players this window.

I also think you may see Sanderson and Ronan sold so we will see a few youngsters picked up as 'projects' with those proceeds.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems nailed on he’s leaving and it’s probably all already sorted.
Is a bit odd it’s not leaked out where he is going?

My guess would be Man Utd or Barcelona.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to be a real shame when he does leave, but it's inevitable.

I think most are going to be very disappointed with the fee we get.

Talk of £100m is pure fantasy. He will go for a similar price to Jota - £40m - £50m with add ons.

He is worth more to us, but unfortunately the very top clubs are not going to spend £60-70m on a defensive midfielder.

If we get £45m for Neves, £20m for Donk, £10m fir Vinagre, £15m for Adama plus a bit of retained profit we could spend £80m plus salaries.

I would definitely add MGW & Toti to the squad, then you are needing to be adding a top quality centre back, three midfielders (one defensive and two attacking), then wide forward and a target man. That is six new first teamers with about £80m - one could be loan to buy, so maybe that £80m could be used on five players this window.

I also think you may see Sanderson and Ronan sold so we will see a few youngsters picked up as 'projects' with those proceeds.
We don't need another wide forward imo but otherwise spot on for me. It's actually quite an exciting time for us BUT I'm not confident the current regime can be trusted to get it right; Mendes has been central to our resurgence but our over reliance on him now is likely to cost us. The other worry is the high turnover in key first team positions and the time it might take for them to gel.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pretty definitive that. Sounds like it will be announced soon from how he's talking.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves lack of ambition has ultimately hastened Neves departure. He’s been hinting for a while his desire for European football and challenging with the top 6 and that he wanted to do that with Wolves. With poor transfer dealings, lack of investment in the first XI and a team which for the second season running hasn’t averaged more than a goal a game scored, it is inevitable Neves will look to move on.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair comments from Ruben as always. What a player and what a man, has taken our club and city to his heart along with his family and will go with best wishes to fulfill his dreams.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Just a class act both on and off the field. Has been the most incredible ambassador for the club and has to have been the club’s greatest player of the last three decades.

Hope he goes on to become a truly world-class player at a really top club. Not just in England.

Who knows, maybe one day his football dreams will see him come back here as a Manager…

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is the avatar of the Fosun era in many ways, and the most iconic Wolves player since Bakary Sako. I hope he goes onto the highest stage - but not at Yanited or Liverpool or some other English club for which I feel a mild sense of loathing. Barca would be fabulous (assuming they don't try to pull our pants down over the fee).

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please don’t stay in the premier league. I don’t want to dislike you but I will have to if you choose to stay in England.

Back
Top Bottom