Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves x 200

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I take your points jwolf but I'm still sticking to he's worth that. What makes me laugh is when teams are after our players the price always seems to be low, but when we're after someone the price goes Sky high, I don't think we want to sell him so ask for top dollar
I think we are getting a fair fee at £50ishM, no defensive mid/deep lying playmaker is ever going for £100M imo. See that Tchouameni from Monaco is mooted at about the same price as Neves, who is only 21 and has PSG/Liverpool/United/Real/Chelsea all chasing him.

He is regarded as perhaps the hottest prospect left in Europe avaliable in summer, and still isn't close.

Another one who Barca are looking at is Martin Zubimendi for same price as Neves is rated.

Camavinga who bossed Champions League knockout games went for £30M. It is just never going to be rated as high as attackers.

From what I read though Barca think they can reduce the Neves fee by offering players, not really sure I am interested aside from maybe Nico.

They will want to offload crap like Trincao onto us and if Jeff does that, it is clear that Mendes takes value over Wolves for Fosun imo.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we are getting a fair fee at £50ishM, no defensive mid/deep lying playmaker is ever going for £100M imo. See that Tchouameni from Monaco is mooted at about the same price as Neves, who is only 21 and has PSG/Liverpool/United/Real/Chelsea all chasing him.

He is regarded as perhaps the hottest prospect left in Europe avaliable in summer, and still isn't close.

Another one who Barca are looking at is Martin Zubimendi for same price as Neves is rated.

Camavinga who bossed Champions League knockout games went for £30M. It is just never going to be rated as high as attackers.

From what I read though Barca think they can reduce the Neves fee by offering players, not really sure I am interested aside from maybe Nico.

They will want to offload crap like Trincao onto us and if Jeff does that, it is clear that Mendes takes value over Wolves for Fosun imo.
Puig & Nico valued at what 10m?
€55m and them pair with a sell on and no buy back clauses. Barcelona are a nightmare to deal with at the best of times

L78

Reaction score
€55m and them pair with a sell on and no buy back clauses. Barcelona are a nightmare to deal with at the best of times
They know they can take the **** because we're not one the bigger clubs in the prem and we are in desperate need of funds to put into the squad

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They know they can take the **** because we're not one the bigger clubs in the prem and we are in desperate need of funds to put into the squad
Depends I know Jeff wants a straight cash deal. If the Adama situation was anything to go by this will drag on

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Nico I'd take for maybe £10Mish on his own, I get why people like him but I can't see Puig working in the Prem. You can't play him in the middle imo, and he probably has to go out wide where he is a small, not rapid 10.

Don't really fancy any of their others at all, I swear if we see Trincao as part of the deal...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nico I'd take for maybe £10Mish on his own, I get why people like him but I can't see Puig working in the Prem. You can't play him in the middle imo, and he probably has to go out wide where he is a small, not rapid 10.

Don't really fancy any of their others at all, I swear if we see Trincao as part of the deal...
I agree with you. This is going to drag on yet.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s been a privilege to watch him. I do wonder if, if he leaves along with maybe Raul, this next transfer window will be critical in determining whether we maintain or decline.

Either way, he has been the nucleus of our renaissance over recent years which has seen us playing in competitions and at levels I never thought I’d see. Going to miss him.

It’s frustrating to see that tweet about Jorge trying to talk the price down; proper tail wagging the dog stuff.

I think we have only “maintained” on a technicality this season, might have been marginally worse that last year a times but somehow everyone is poor

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have a rule:
1 “ITK” claim is found false and you’re banned
I agree. They do me head in.....journalist mates , agent mates ...stop taking *******s ......told people before I got close family who work for wolves ...they nw naff all about transfers etc and what's going on .....and these people expect us to believe they have sources on the phone who tell em stuff ....

Made a mistake once of letting a bit of information slip on here I had been told about Jonny doing his knee again...which ended up on twitter.....I hear stuff all the time....but transfers etc forget it.....no chance...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I agree. They do me head in.....journalist mates , agent mates ...stop taking *******s ......told people before I got close family who work for wolves ...they nw naff all about transfers etc and what's going on .....and these people expect us to believe they have sources on the phone who tell em stuff ....
I have a mate with a little connection but he gets absolute bugger all about transfers, think club are very good at keeping stuff super quiet for most part.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ask a Derby County fan how they feel about this sort of statement....... The tail off this season is really disappointing but I'd rather that than what Derby are still dealing with. You can argue that this season, for whatever reason, 3/4 players are well below start of season expectations of goal returns; Neto, Jiminez, Trincao and lesser extent Silva. That's cost us Europe qualification. Whether bad management, luck or just circumstance, it's fairly pessimistic to think all 4 of these players would underperform expectations as has happened.

We aren't Derby. Pointless to use them as a comparison. Our position is totally different to theirs and you work with what you have.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben Neves was THE signing that made me believe we were going places. I started watching wolves in 1970 and i reckon he is the best player i have seen in those 52 years. More than that he really loves the club. He is, in my view, a club legend. A good man in an era of prima donna millionaires. Contrast him with say Pogba. I really hope he goes on to lift the Champions league. Thanks Ruben, you will never be forgotten.
Too true.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Made a mistake once of letting a bit of information slip on here I had been told about Jonny doing his knee again...which ended up on twitter.....I hear stuff all the time....but transfers etc forget it.....no chance...

If you get wound up this easily by other posters then perhaps the Internet isn't for you.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Wouldn't make any difference imo. Europa stuff is not enough for a player like him to play his career in

It is time!
I think it would have. He loves it here, but not even getting a ECL place was probably the last straw. I'm gutted as i wanted him to stay more than any other player. It's life i guess. All the best to him anyway. He deserves a shot at stardom in the big dog leagues.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Not doubting the removal men as i think it's inevitably this summer .. BUT this all happened last summer....Neves moved out and wasn't coming back ...we had his gardener, his postman, window cleaner all confirmed it.....
Indeed. Hopefully all of it is BS, but this time i think it's inevitable. Would be over the moon to be proven wrong though!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not doubting the removal men as i think it's inevitably this summer .. BUT this all happened last summer....Neves moved out and wasn't coming back ...we had his gardener, his postman, window cleaner all confirmed it.....
This is true! I think a good price - invested well - makes more sense this year though. His stock has improved

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will the fee for neves be higher than the rumoured 35 million last season?

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Yep, it's time for goodbye's. Like the article says he owes us nothing. I want him to win things but remember his time here. And i'm sure he will.
Maybe we'll see him in the South bank again one day like he said in his interview!

Back
Top Bottom