Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves x 200

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on gents, season isnt over yet and the bickering has started

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always said Neves, Jota & Boly were huge favourites for me because they joined when they didn't have to.

They all took massive risks with their careers to join us, especially Neves & Jota given their age, and more so Neves because he joined permanently straight away.

Failure to go up could've damaged their reputation so much and we know how difficult the Championship is. If you fail at Wolves, where do you go from there? Maybe back to Porto but even they'd have doubts, if not non-big three Portuguese side or a bottom half Spanish side.

So, have to be so grateful for him by agreeing to join in the first place and to stay as long as he has is probably more than we all expected.

Last edited:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to be heartbreaking when he leaves, especially after a season like this but I wish him nothing but the best. Top drawer player, top drawer bloke.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep looking at that pic and it proper chokes me.

Forget Wolves for a minute, and how we all feel. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. The fact that such a talented player, came here so young and has such an amazing connection and affinity to us, let’s be honest a pretty second rate outfit in Premier league terns, is just unreal.

Seeing how emotional he is, and what it has clearly all meant to him, has proper upset me.

Of course life goes on and players come and go, but that doesn’t mean occasionally ones come along who just mean more.
Absolutely spot on.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always said Neves, Jota & Boly were huge favourites for me because they joined when they didn't have to.

They all took massive risks with their careers to join us, especially Neves & Jota given their age, and more so Neves because he joined permanently straight away.

Failure to go up could've damaged their reputation so much and we know how difficult the Championship is. If you fail at Wolves, where do you go from there? Maybe back to Porto but even they'd have doubts, if not a lower league Portuguese side or a bottom half Spanish side.

So, have to be so grateful for him by agreeing to join in the first place and to stay as long as he has is probably more than we all expected.
Just watched the Mark Noble farewell video from today. It's incredibly rare in this day and age you get players that get so emotionally attached to a club.

Really hope Ruben stays, but if he wants to move on and better his career, I get it.

Just don't leave us and go to ******* Arsenal.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm hoping more than anything that we we don't sell him but if we do, to let him go for less than hundred million would be a joke. surely he's in the same bracket as Bruno Fernandes and Grealish , if not more

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'm hoping more than anything that we we don't sell him but if we do, to let him go for less than hundred million would be a joke. surely he's in the same bracket as Bruno Fernandes and Grealish , if not more
Attacking players are worth a lot more than defensive mids though, Rodri was £62M and I believe is the record for that position depending on what you count Frenkie de Jong as I suppose he was a few million more.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All players leave at some point. I was gutted when Andy Gray left for Everton, Bully hung up his boots and even when Kightly left for Stoke. And many more besides. But there is one constant "Wolverhampton Wanderers" and I'll support whoever plays for them. Ruben has been exceptional for us, both on and off the pitch and if he leaves, he deserves his chance at Champions League football. We failed to match his ambition. The project needs a reboot!

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Attacking players are worth a lot more than defensive mids though, Rodri was £62M and I believe is the record for that position depending on what you count Frenkie de Jong as I suppose he was a few million more.
He still score his fair share of goals and is proven in the premier league

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He still score his fair share of goals and is proven in the premier league
15 in 141, with a few of them pens. It's not bad at all for a DM but you aren't buying him for his goals are you really? Grealish also English so you add on a big %

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Give him the captaincy, make him our top earner, promise him we'll sell at a pre-agreed price NEXT summer if we don't finish top 6.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Give him the captaincy, make him our top earner, promise him we'll sell at a pre-agreed price NEXT summer if we don't finish top 6.
He is really close friends with Coady, do you know for a fact he'd want it taken off him?

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben Neves was THE signing that made me believe we were going places. I started watching wolves in 1970 and i reckon he is the best player i have seen in those 52 years. More than that he really loves the club. He is, in my view, a club legend. A good man in an era of prima donna millionaires. Contrast him with say Pogba. I really hope he goes on to lift the Champions league. Thanks Ruben, you will never be forgotten.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched the Mark Noble farewell video from today. It's incredibly rare in this day and age you get players that get so emotionally attached to a club.

Really hope Ruben stays, but if he wants to move on and better his career, I get it.

Just don't leave us and go to ******* Arsenal.
On that video, didn't half get a lump in the throat where he was saying that he just hoped he did everyone proud.

Like the bloke or not, can't deny he didn't half give it all for West Ham, much akin to Ruben, and going to miss him all the same.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all knew this day would come eventually. I just think it could have been put off even longer had the board even slightly attempted to match the ambition of the player.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On that video, didn't half get a lump in the throat where he was saying that he just hoped he did everyone proud.

Like the bloke or not, can't deny he didn't half give it all for West Ham, much akin to Ruben, and going to miss him all the same.
He wrote a letter to the press too, thanking them for their support over the years. It's the little things that go a long way.

One striking thing was Pep going to him at final whistle.

Do you think Klopp would have done the same dropping 2 points? I'm not so sure.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Do any of us know anything for a FACT on a messageboard? Who's even to say Cody is staying, do you know that for a fact?
People just throw it around like it is a massive sway for him, captaincy isn't as big of a deal in every country as it is here anyway

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wrote a letter to the press too, thanking them for their support over the years. It's the little things that go a long way.

One striking thing was Pep going to him at final whistle.

Do you think Klopp would have done the same dropping 2 points? I'm not so sure.
Only if he wanted to sign him.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at his eyes. He is off
I wouldnt be at all surprised if a deal in principle isnt already in place with someone. Can only wish the guy the absolute best given the service and professionalism he's shown for us.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I doubt he plays against Liverpool if a deal is done, will be a tell tale sign.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Ruben is one of those players that I'll look out for for the rest of his career. The phrase 'once a wolf, always a wolf' has rarely been more fitting.
The connection between the squad and fans will take a major hit if/when he goes. Its something I've noticed has been diminishing over the last couple of years. I can't think of a signing in that period that has built much of an affinity with the fanbase. Sa Maybe?

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
15 in 141, with a few of them pens. It's not bad at all for a DM but you aren't buying him for his goals are you really? Grealish also English so you add on a big %
Also his loss to Wolves which is massive, I would prefer getting rid of quite a few of the dead wood instead, there's quite a few of them.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That picture is actually heartbreaking tbh. Its as tear jerking as watching Nuno break down in that Raul documentary.

I'm actually kind of angry its got to the stage where our lack of progression is costing us a legend of the club. Its really frustrating to lose good players because we cant have the foresight to build on what we have.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should be building a team round him, not selling him
5 years is a very long time to stay with any one club.

I love Ruben but I think selling him in order to fund a great many transfers makes sense.

I can also imagine he'd like to try his luck at a massive club and, with 2 years left on his deal, it's now or never

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Ruben signed I’m sure he had “one season and then I’m in the shop window” in his head. Turns out he ended up loving it here and he’s probably had to make a really difficult heart vs head decision as to what he wants next.

He deserves to go to a club that will match his ambition and that he will flourish in with better players and attacking intent.

I reckon if he gets the right move then his career is about to sky rocket into world class status.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its really frustrating to lose good players because we cant have the foresight to build on what we have.

One reason why it was so frustrating so many people, seemingly both at the club, and on here, couldn't see the big picture. Lack of desire and investment when we were on the cusp of Europe / CL, we don't qualify, players leave to achieve their career goals.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One reason why it was so frustrating so many people, seemingly both at the club, and on here, couldn't see the big picture. Lack of desire and investment when we were on the cusp of Europe / CL, we don't qualify, players leave to achieve their career goals.

Yep. Totally agree. Instead we have Sellars in charge who said "I won’t bankrupt the club to go up another two places "Thats the lack of ambition we are dealing with now and its so sad to see.

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
From boy to man. An absolute pleasure to watch him play and one of the best in my time, legend.

I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Ruben, hands down the best player we have ever had in my time as a Wolves fan but I also didn't expect him to be here as long as he has been so as sad as it would be to see him leave I am grateful for being able to see him in a Wolves shirt and would like to see him get the world recognition he deserves but doesn't get until he moves to a top tier team just like Jota had to do.

I think the club needs a rebuild and we can't do it without either the funds from a Neves sale or the players in exchange from Barcelona for him if it is there he and Mendes want him to go to. I think a lot of fan favourites will depart this summer, it is time for them and us to move onto something new. It might be a total car crash as a result or it could be what is needed to help us transition our style of play so that we can start to progress and compete with the other sides.

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score
Yep. Totally agree. Instead we have Sellars in charge who said "I won’t bankrupt the club to go up another two places "Thats the lack of ambition we are dealing with now and its so sad to see.
Ask a Derby County fan how they feel about this sort of statement....... The tail off this season is really disappointing but I'd rather that than what Derby are still dealing with. You can argue that this season, for whatever reason, 3/4 players are well below start of season expectations of goal returns; Neto, Jiminez, Trincao and lesser extent Silva. That's cost us Europe qualification. Whether bad management, luck or just circumstance, it's fairly pessimistic to think all 4 of these players would underperform expectations as has happened.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I take your points jwolf but I'm still sticking to he's worth that. What makes me laugh is when teams are after our players the price always seems to be low, but when we're after someone the price goes Sky high, I don't think we want to sell him so ask for top dollar

Back
Top Bottom