Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nelson Semedo

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't professional players play on different sides of the pitch? If Jonny's fit could he not play on the right? Hoever is nowhere near being prem FB.
Hoever has never had a run of games to prove that. You can count the number of senior starts he has had in his career (probably) on both hands. I’m not saying he will be good enough but he’s definitely worth a start on Saturday at least.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t see how he goes from play 15 mins to 70 mins
He won’t be able to. He was, understandably, pulling out of tackles when he came on. I know he has had the same injury twice now but compare his comeback for 45mins against Leicester last season to how he looked against Arsenal… he’s nowhere near ready for game time.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won’t be able to. He was, understandably, pulling out of tackles when he came on. I know he has had the same injury twice now but compare his comeback for 45mins against Leicester last season to how he looked against Arsenal… he’s nowhere near ready for game time.
Definitely... when he came on against Arsenal, I think it was... there was a moment when he was just completely on his heels and didn't anticipate the ball at all. I'm sure he'd have been snapping in to it in the past. I really hope he regains his tenacity.

Reactions: Ned

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if, in Semedo's absence, Lage plays a midfield 3 with either Dendoncker or Cundle as defensive midfielder on the right to further protect against Hoever's defensive frailties.

It would allow Hoever to attack with less concern about being caught upfield, and Moutinho to play 10 yards or so further up the pitch.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'll be a ring of fire on here if we cash in on Jonny.
It would.

There's no point selling Jonny, he's a class act but he's 28 and he's had 3 serious injuries whilst with us. I don't see another club taking a gamble on him at a reasonable price so we're better off persevering and hoping he can get a run being fit and performing.

Wolfiebill

Groupie
Reaction score
Hoever has never impressed me thus far. Definitely needs to be loaned out next term and bring Bolla in.
Personally, I don't know what the question is ..... but I'm SURE that Hoever is NOT the answer. Needs to be replaced in the Summer. Good move on Liverpool's part!!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“We saw two Nelsons this season, the first Nelson was inconsistent, but the second Nelson, in the last three months, was the player I remember from Benfica,” Lage continued.

But I thought he was just a scapegoat, and there were no bad performances?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“We saw two Nelsons this season, the first Nelson was inconsistent, but the second Nelson, in the last three months, was the player I remember from Benfica,” Lage continued.

But I thought he was just a scapegoat, and there were no bad performances?
Get a grip .

Hes been excellent

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder if it's worth giving Hoever a chance? Everyone on here has completely given up on him. That'll help the lad!

Yes, his West Ham performance was poor but we all concluded that about nearly the whole team.

We were writing off Nelson 12 months ago and now we're all crying into our cereal that he's injured

Perhaps we give Hoever a chance to 'get used to the league'. I'll be cheering him on today if he starts

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know anyone that knows that they’re taking about that wrote Semedo off, he was clearly a good player and needed to adapt to this league. Only the usual slating of any black player that we unfortunately have to experience at Wolves

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know anyone that knows that they’re taking about that wrote Semedo off, he was clearly a good player and needed to adapt to this league. Only the usual slating of any black player that we unfortunately have to experience at Wolves
That last sentence in my view is totally incorrect . If any player at Wolves is deemed not good enough they get grief regardless of their race, creed or culture.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Never read so much *******s

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've only seen him a couple of times but I'm much more excited about Lembikisia than Hoever. People who watch the u18s do you think he could be ready for the squad next season?

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Behave.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've only seen him a couple of times but I'm much more excited about Lembikisia than Hoever. People who watch the u18s do you think he could be ready for the squad next season?
Lembikisa seems more naturally suited to a wing back position than hoever....in all fairness to hoever he is a centre back who has been asked to fill in a wing back....that's why he struggles with final ball etc , in my opinion..... lembikisa may get a look in towards the end of the season, but right at this minute, with the games the kids have got its probably better for him to be around that group for a month or so.........but he definitely looks a talent for the future....

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Dendoncker black? Never noticed before now, wow!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hoever is so far off it, makes me laugh that some people were trying to say he should start. One of the only ones is still in this thread trying to justify himself rather embarrassingly.

Zaha tortured us first half. 2nd half Palace were awful and just sat back.

Reactions: Ian
T

TheConcourse

Hoever is so far off it, makes me laugh that some people were trying to say he should start. One of the only ones is still in this thread trying to justify himself rather embarrassingly.

Zaha tortured us first half. 2nd half Palace were awful and just sat back.
Maybe the clowns who moan about assists will realise the impact of Semedo now he isn’t there.

We’ve totally fallen apart.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never said only black players get abuse

Dendonker gets abuse for being a waste of air
Your implication was Semedo got abuse because he was black. You were wrong, own it!

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your implication was Semedo got abuse because he was black. You were wrong, own it!

Do you struggle with reading?

I called out the fact the issue is his critics have is his ethnicity

You said you weren’t racist because you also abuse a white Belgian player. Completely irrelevant to the discussion of Semedo really.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Black players get stereotyped with criticism or praise that isn't actually how they play. Average athletes called pacy and powerful but i don't think they get more heavily criticised

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you struggle with reading?

I called out the fact the issue is his critics have is his ethnicity

You said you weren’t racist because you also abuse a white Belgian player. Completely irrelevant to the discussion of Semedo really.
I always find it amusing when posters try gaslighting to protect a tenuous claim. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely think you might not be all there

Which no doubt explains:
A) judging a player on their skin colour
B) trying to justify point A with obscure whataboutery

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which no doubt explains:
A) judging a player on their skin colour
B) trying to justify point A with obscure whataboutery
Your claim that criticism of Nelson Semedo was because of his skin colour is baseless. Give it up mate, as you’re now starting to look incredibly foolish.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your claim that criticism of Nelson Semedo was because of his skin colour is baseless. Give it up mate, as you’re now starting to look incredibly foolish.

Baseless yet…you can’t refute it.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have never seen anything on here to suggest people don't rate Nelson because of his colour. Positioning, attacking threat, defensive lapse maybe. The nearest I have seen to it was oblique comments about Bright and Otasowie which was more last stereotyping than anything else.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I have never seen anything on here to suggest people don't rate Nelson because of his colour. Positioning, attacking threat, defensive lapse maybe. The nearest I have seen to it was oblique comments about Bright and Otasowie which was more last stereotyping than anything else.
Adama used to get called lazy when absolutely every player and coach who worked with him said he was one of most professional and hardest working. I haven't seen any criticism of Semedo I thought was remotely like that

Back
Top Bottom