Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Moutinho

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else starting to get really frustrated with his complete lack of form but always getting in the team?

Been a massive fan of his one of my favourite players I've seen for Wolves but he is really struggling this season showing nothing going forward slowing everything down and constantly being run past this season.

He is at that age now where he should not be playing every week and certainly not 2 games a week he needs a spell out the side, back to a back five please Nuno and put Neves and Dendoncker in midfield...

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else starting to get really frustrated with his complete lack of form but always getting in the team?

Been a massive fan of his one of my favourite players I've seen for Wolves but he is really struggling this season showing nothing going forward slowing everything down and constantly being run past this season.

He is at that age now where he should not be playing every week and certainly not 2 games a week he needs a spell out the side, back to a back five please Nuno and put Neves and Dendoncker in midfield...
He’s one of many problems. He slows the game right down and doesn’t contribute anywhere near enough same for Donks doesn’t do anything on the ball. Our midfield has needed upgrading for so long but continues to be neglected

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He got it going there for a couple matches but I think we rode the old goat too hard again.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a busted flush.

- Doesn’t dominate
- Doesn’t create
- Doesn’t score
- Doesn’t play through the middle
- Doesn’t break up play

I don’t like him in the team anymore. Offers nothing.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw a stat about how he's the most 'dribbled past' player in the entire league. He does give us control but the cost in other areas now seems too high.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said in the summer now was the time to get replacement in, that he probably had another season in him but not every match so have a player who can share the role for a season then take over

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's had 1 great season with us and struggled since. Really don't see why he keeps getting in the team other than being Nuno's favourite. Don't even get me started on his set pieces.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been his first defender and think he’s the best I’ve seen in gold.
BUT his legs are totally gone and he can’t play with Neves.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks shot. A cracking player for us previous 2 years but looks way past it now. A player that shouldnt be playing nearly every game now but is due to our **** summer transfer windows of the last 2 years.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At 34 Moutinho should be on the bench coming on regularly in the second half to keep things steady for the last 20 minutes of a match. The fact that we have not signed a proper attacking midfielder is a huge black mark against Fosun/Nuno and the scouting team. He is on 100k or more a week and is obviously a 'favourite' and on his day still a brilliant player who deserves a lot of respect. But last summer's disastrous transfer business brought in another rookie in Vitinha, MGW going out on loan. No proper midfielder signed. Huge mistake along with the absence of a proper striker also. This is costing us dear.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complete passenger

what does he offer ? **** all

neves offers the passing and donk the energy . Moutinho offers sod all

then his leadership is atrocious. So much experience yet he conceded that pen at Brighton and then we conceded 2 today straight after half time. A lot of that is on him for me.

why isn’t he getting our players calm and ensuring we keep the ball for the first 10 mins and see out the initial pressure ?

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he only getting in the team now for his experience?! We are a youngish side is he getting selected to add some experience in there. He's been great for 2 seasons and should have been eased into a supporting subs bench/rotation role in the summer just gone.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldn’t play him as a starter for sure

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complete passenger

what does he offer ? **** all

neves offers the passing and donk the energy . Moutinho offers sod all

then his leadership is atrocious. So much experience yet he conceded that pen at Brighton and then we conceded 2 today straight after half time. A lot of that is on him for me.

why isn’t he getting our players calm and ensuring we keep the ball for the first 10 mins and see out the initial pressure ?
Honestly that pen given away at Brighton still makes me angry now was such a massive moment in the game and our season, them three points could have helped so much going forward...

CrazyCrane

Groupie
Reaction score
He's still got a role to play but we shouldn't be relying on him like we are. Best thing he could bring is experience but that isn't really showing through in this run I'm afraid. We should clearly have invested in mid field.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Moutinho was an excellent player in his day, but his time has now passed. It happens to the best of em. Time to look to the future in the middle of the park for me. Give Vitinha or Otasowie a run alongside Neves.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’d have thought going to a back 4 and more bodies in the middle would have helped him more than others but that doesn’t seem to be the case. He does seem to be a yard off it this season and I think stats would probably back that up without looking into them he doesn’t seem to win the ball back as often as he used to and ends up giving away more fouls.

Now it feels like we see the odd game where it’s the Moutinho who was waltzing around the middle of Molineux rather than pretty much every game, on the flip side I think Neves (today aside) has stepped up but we need something to get our midfield as a unit playing to their best and unfortunately I’m increasingly thinking that may mean Joao comes on later on in games.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly that pen given away at Brighton still makes me angry now was such a massive moment in the game and our season, them three points could have helped so much going forward...
And me

likewise today just hold out for 10 mins

so easy and so ****ing basic yet we still get it wrong

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yup. Doesn't seem to have to play well to keep getting picked.
No coincidence that our last win came when he was suspended. It's not that he doesn't offer anything anymore; he still has a lovely touch and is a neat passer of the ball. But the way Nuno put him straight back in and left Otasowie on a hiding to nothing as almost a false nine Burnley just to get moutinho in the team really got my goat. He lost us that villa game. He started the decline against Brighton and he's meant to be the senior pro of the group.
See also Saiss and Kilman.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hE'S NEat aNd TiDy though according to the happy clappers
He is neat and tidy. Can anyone really disagree with that?

Does that make us all 'happy clappers', whatever that means?

Neat and tidy, but also slow and prone to picking up yellows through pointless fouls. On the decline, and Nuno needs to recognise this when selecting the team.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree about Moutinho, pure favouritism is the only reason he is getting picked. Put Saiss in the holding role, let Neves free to pull the strings

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He is neat and tidy. Can anyone really disagree with that?

Does that make us all 'happy clappers', whatever that means?

Neat and tidy, but also slow and prone to picking up yellows through pointless fouls. On the decline, and Nuno needs to recognise this when selecting the team.

I didn't mean they're wrong - he is neat and tidy - but they use that as a justification to slate anyone who dares question his place in the squad. As I replied to one, Simon Osborn was neat and tidy. But they both add **** all.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't mean they're wrong - he is neat and tidy - but they use that as a justification to slate anyone who dares question his place in the squad. As I replied to one, Simon Osborn was neat and tidy. But they both add **** all.
Unfortunately I think you're right about Moutinho this season.

RobB

Reaction score
Huge fan but he simply doesn't have the legs anymore, good sub for the last half hour or so, needs to be used more judiciously.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give him a go in the 10 role maybe. He’s not mobile enough for a deep midfield role, especially alongside Neves, but he surely still has a part to play. At the moment he looks like he’s playing on instincts, reading play and getting into certain areas but he really isn’t having any impact on games at all right now.

Lockdown seems to have destroyed him.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give him a go in the 10 role maybe. He’s not mobile enough for a deep midfield role, especially alongside Neves, but he surely still has a part to play. At the moment he looks like he’s playing on instincts, reading play and getting into certain areas but he really isn’t having any impact on games at all right now.

Lockdown seems to have destroyed him.
In last few minutes before he was subbed he did play further up. I would love to see this at Chorley some time. After all you can make five subs in three changes so I would go 2 and 2 plus one for injury cover. I would plan the game around that to see options (more from how they work together than how they performance against opposition).

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
He’s one of many problems. He slows the game right down and doesn’t contribute anywhere near enough same for Donks doesn’t do anything on the ball. Our midfield has needed upgrading for so long but continues to be neglected

I agree with Moutinho and think it's time Vitinha is given a bit more of a chance to show if he is capable of doing it here. But people saying Dendoncker does nothing with ball really isn't based on yesterday's game.

Who created the 2nd and 3rd most chances yesterday in the league? I'll give you the first one who was Pedro Neto with 5, a clue for the second who created 4 chances, he's Belgian and plays in Gold.

We do need a dynamic midfielder who can run with the ball and look to play forwards but you absolutely still need Dendoncker and Neves alongside him imo.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel for him. Having to play nearly every week as the club cant sign a suitable central midfield player for over 4 transfer windows.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
It’s not looking too good for Mouts…..other than with contract he recently signed. :)

Was the glue that has held us together quite superbly in the middle. Now it seems he is coming to a sticky end headed towards the knacker’s yard…..will likely end up eventually finding it back home.

This is the harsh and relentless PL; no resting place about.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most of us have admitted how much of a pleasure it's been having him at our club and how he's been the best 'footballer' for years to grace our club. Within 6 months we're now saying he's dropped so far he's not good enough?? I can't believe that's the case at all. He's not being used to benefit what he offers along with a few and thats been the concern of style/formation/mindset of us about the team for a while also.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not looking too good for Mouts…..other than with contract he recently signed. :)

Was the glue that has held us together quite superbly in the middle. Now it seems he is coming to a sticky end headed towards the knacker’s yard…..will likely end up eventually finding it back home.

This is the harsh and relentless PL; no resting place about.

Trouble is the club appear to be resting.

Back
Top Bottom