Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MOTD Tonight

D

DanWWFC1988

Bit of a joke that we are second up. First team to take city to a draw in first 45 minutes in 20 games and first team to take lead against them in I forget how long and they decide to put West ham Vs arsenal first...hmm. let's see how highly they talk of wolves hey

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a joke that we are second up. First team to take city to a draw in first 45 minutes in 20 games and first team to take lead against them in I forget how long and they decide to put West ham Vs arsenal first...hmm. let's see how highly they talk of wolves hey

Also, according to the BBC - Wolves became only the third team since the beginning of last season to reach double figures in attempts on goal against Manchester City.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last two times we've played them we've broken a run of some sort.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Looking forward to it, but I know how they are going to edit the game- we all do...

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
West Ham look alright on these highlights, tough game next weekend.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Jenas thinks because Man City did a foul throw they wasn't at their best. What a pleb. At least Shearer gave us some credit and said we deserved the point, which we did.

D

DanWWFC1988

Well...got to give it to match of the day. Very promising comments towards us so thank you.
Shearer saying we definitely deserved our point...nice one :)
Compliments to neves and moutinhio, they noticed things about them two in the game that I didn't spot today.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They said we deserved the point and played well, but did start by saying that City were not at their best.

D

DanWWFC1988

Let's be honest though....city weren't at their best. In all fairness it is right that they have had 15 players in the world cup....11 of them into the quarter finals of the cup.
However maybe it's a compliment in disguise to us to say that we played them them well.
Huddersfield couldn't last week!!!

JadeWolf

Reaction score
I watched a fair bit of the game flicking between channels, I didn't think that they were that impressive.
Looks like they missed a lot of chances, and then the goal for 2-1 was very unlucky.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Let's be honest though....city weren't at their best. In all fairness it is right that they have had 15 players in the world cup....11 of them into the quarter finals of the cup.
However maybe it's a compliment in disguise to us to say that we played them them well.
Huddersfield couldn't last week!!!

Even so, I'd say City were the best team I've ever seen us play really. The way they moved the ball (at times) was amazing. Usually when a lesser team gets a result against one of the big teams, it's because the big team have a poor game, like when Man U lost to Brighton last weekend. I don't think that happened today, City were good, but I think we made sure they weren't amazing, and we had a real good go.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They agreed with the penalty calls as well which doesn't cast Silva and Aguero in a good light really does it? To be honest I was a bit surprised today by Citeh's bits and pieces of diving and niggly fouling, somehow I thought they might be above that sort of thing but apparently not. Sterling in particular seems to me very unlikeable as a player despite his undoubted talent.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They agreed with the penalty calls as well which doesn't cast Silva and Aguero in a good light really does it? To be honest I was a bit surprised today by Citeh's bits and pieces of diving and niggly fouling, somehow I thought they might be above that sort of thing but apparently not. Sterling in particular seems to me very unlikeable as a player despite his undoubted talent.

Silva wasn't a dive, there was contact which made him kick his own leg, but not enough to constitute a foul. Aguero just felt the very small contact on his heel and decided to go down a good second later, definite dive and lucky not to get booked.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never really understood why people care what the motd 'experts' think. Surely if you understand football you can see what we did and didn't do well today without having to have it confirmed by lineker, shearer and jenas.
Now I'm listening to some screeching woman annoying me while Everton draw with Bournemouth. I suppose thats equal opportunities for you.

D

Deleted member 3751

Think the last time we really made news on MOTD was because Karl Henry had a running battle with Joey Barton and it portrayed us as some dirty types.

I know we're not like that at all now, but it was really good to see us having a go at one of the best teams around without resorting to kicking them, and that may also put us in a good light with the media, which can only help (as much as you may or may not care about their views)

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't wait to play Southampton as long as mark Hughes is still the manager. He's such a whining **** and nothing is ever his fault. Hopefully we can destroy them.

CITIZEN ERASED

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Someone needs to tell the MOTD commentator that it's Diogo not Diego!

Reactions: Jez

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never really understood why people care what the motd 'experts' think. Surely if you understand football you can see what we did and didn't do well today without having to have it confirmed by lineker, shearer and jenas.
Now I'm listening to some screeching woman annoying me while Everton draw with Bournemouth. I suppose thats equal opportunities for you.
Maybe it's because the pundits influence the opinions of the public that aren't so well informed.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They said we deserved the point and played well, but did start by saying that City were not at their best.
That’s because we stopped City being at their best.....and Nuno had a plan....it’s not like they had a ton of injuries, suspensions etc.
They were fine and at their best until they arrived in Wolverhampton.....in the dressing room and when they walked on the pitch. If only the ref had not started the game they would have stayed at their best.

Hahahhahahahaha...MOTD now making excuses for City.....that’s the cherry on top of a great day for me.
Did you ever think you would see that?.........hahahaahahaha

Last edited:

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Really?
They don't look good at all, I thoroughly expect us to beat them.

Just what I saw on the highlights tbf, when I watched them against Liverpool on the first day they looked shocking. My only worry is that after playing Man City so well and getting a good result, we don't go next weekend and think, oh it's only West Ham this week, they're not Man City. I don't think Nuno will let that happen tbf, but I remember when we took City to penalties in the cup last year, on the Saturday after it we lost to QPR.

Back
Top Bottom