Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s been difficult to assess Podence properly because he has been in and out of the team for various reasons and played in a variety of positions. I have seen him have very good games and very poor games.
It’s been difficult to assess Podence properly because he has been in and out of the team for various reasons and played in a variety of positions. I have seen him have very good games and very poor games.

What I would say at this moment in time is that he appears to be a bit of a luxury player. That’s fine if you do your fair share of producing and have moments of brilliance in games.

The problem for me, is these moments have become few and far between and we aren’t the sort of team that can afford to start a luxury player.

As for tracking back, I have noticed that there seems to be a delay in thought process and he seems to make a token gesture because he has given the ball away. Given his physicality, this usually results in a foul being committed through frustration and lack of ability to keep up with the breaking player.

One thing I noticed in particular yesterday was the commitment from MGW to get back and help the defence, if the ball had been lost. He made two or three fantastic sprints over distance to gain ground and successfully retrieve the ball or halt the break.

We need more of that from our forward players because in my view, there’s a distinct lack of it. All too often, it’s halfhearted token gestures, that at best lead to a foul.

In my view there is no starting place for Podence if we have everyone available. Not consistent enough and is responsible for too many soft opposition turnovers, in dangerous areas, which leads to us being outnumbered, having committed players forward.
Agree totally with this. He is a decent squad player, no better than Hwang or Donk. If everyone is fit he's on the bench. Surprised so many see him as a first choice.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As Forest have just got the better of West Ham I can't make my mind up how that might affect their interest in MGW?

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Probably nonsense but a Forest fan i know is adamant he’s signing for them and is ‘on his way’ whatever that means

I’d be very very surprised, so I think it’s rubbish
I bet he’s been saying that for about a month, right? “Signing tomorrow mate, deffo…”

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Nunes in, MGW out to balance the books?
Does make me wonder if the reason Forest haven’t put another bid in is because we told them we would accept their last bid on the condition that we got Nunes in first, shame if MGW goes but the writing does seem to be on the wall

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to believe he wouldn't be sold Lage clearly doesn't see MGW as a CM but an attacker so he would still have a big role.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought some Italian clubs were interested in Dendocker only two years left on his contract as well.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If MGW is classed as a forward by Bruno I honestly think I’d rather see Podence or Hwang leave before.

I think one of the forwards could go.

From pre-season, Bruno seemed to be looking to play 433. I think we’ve only played 4231 through necessity since Moutinho was injured.

I’d imagine if we do sign Nunes, him and Neves will be nailed on starters with Moutinho and Donk rotating for the third spot in midfield.

Assuming we bring in a new striker, that’s Jimenez or a new guy down the middle.

Guedes plays most games. Neto does too.

Leaves Hwang, Traore, Podence and Gibbs-White. We arguably only need two of them to have 2 senior players for each position.

With his contract situation, I think we will move Traore on in this window if we can, if not in January to recoup at least some cash.

Leaves one more of Hwang, Podence and Gibbs-White to potentially go.

I’m with you. I’d keep Gibbs-White above the other 2. I don’t think Hwang will leave. So it could be Podence that’s somewhat of a surprise departure if Gibbs-White stays!

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely different roles.

Keep mgw

Sell hwang

Yeah ideal world but that won't happen.

Suspect IF Forest talk is genuine that will be revived now. Shame though. Would rather ship out Hwang, Traore, Ronan, Cutrone and maybe a Boly if we need to raise funds

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From pre-season, Bruno seemed to be looking to play 433. I think we’ve only played 4231 through necessity since Moutinho was injured.

I’d imagine if we do sign Nunes, him and Neves will be nailed on starters with Moutinho and Donk rotating for the third spot in midfield.

Assuming we bring in a new striker, that’s Jimenez or a new guy down the middle.

Leaves Hwang, Traore, Podence and Gibbs-White. We arguably only need two of them to have 2 senior players for each position.

With his contract situation, I think we will move Traore on in this window if we can, if not in January to recoup at least some cash.

I’m with you. I’d keep Gibbs-White above the other 2. I don’t think Hwang will leave. So it could be Podence that’s somewhat of a surprise departure if Gibbs-White stays!

Yep think that makes sense.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant see any of the forwards going.

I hope you’re right, but we’ve got some serious options if they all stay AND we bring in another striker. Some would argue too many options!

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope you’re right, but we’ve got some serious options if they all stay AND we bring in another striker. Some would argue too many options!

Think it'd just be case of knowing traore won't be around much longer either way.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think we’ll play a mix of both systems, but Traore is the least valuable, and clearly he doesn’t care to be here any longer, so I’d happily take £10m for him. Neto, Guedes, Hwang, MGW, Podence gives us enough cover that we won’t be forced to play one system or the other, which is the flexibility I think Bruno will want.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Remember, we have the five sub rule, so having a good stable of attackers will be necessary to bring on fresh legs, rotate, change up based on the opposition, and play the hot hand...

Traore will leave, I'm convinced.

Striker: Jimi, NEW
LM/RM: Guedes, Neto, MGW, Podence, Hwang, (Chiquinho in March or so)
CM: Neves, Nunes, Donk, Mouts, Cundle/Ronan

Lots of options/combinations in that line-up...if anyone, I would move Podence.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember, we have the five sub rule, so having a good stable of attackers will be necessary to bring on fresh legs, rotate, change up based on the opposition, and play the hot hand...

Traore will leave, I'm convinced.

Striker: Jimi, NEW
LM/RM: Guedes, Neto, MGW, Podence, Hwang, (Chiquinho in March or so)
CM: Neves, Nunes, Donk, Mouts, Cundle/Ronan

Lots of options/combinations in that line-up...if anyone, I would move Podence.
Does anybody want Traore? ………..anybody?

I sincerely hope that somebody, somewhere can help him…….by all accounts he’s a great bloke.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, good answer.
But will you pay him what he’s earning now for the next 5 years after he leaves Wolves?

Crickey……Two seasons ago he had heads turning all over the soccer world……blistering pace….carving defences apart like a hot knife through butter…..a presence.
I thought at the time , we’d see kids all over the world wearing Traore shirts like I’ve seen them do Messi.
A genuine, football superstar.

Now, as far as I know, nobody is seeking him out.

He seemed so motivated going back to Barca……what went wrong.?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, good answer.
But will you pay him what he’s earning now for the next 5 years after he leaves Wolves?

Crickey……Two seasons ago he had heads turning all over the soccer world……blistering pace….carving defences apart like a hot knife through butter…..a presence.
I thought at the time , we’d see kids all over the world wearing Traore shirts like I’ve seen them do Messi.
A genuine, football superstar.

Now, as far as I know, nobody is seeking him out.

He seemed so motivated going back to Barca……what went wrong.?

Nothing went wrong in truth. He is just a very limited footballer in the modern game. He would probably be best served as an impact sub somewhere in a team that can afford to carry him

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing went wrong in truth. He is just a very limited footballer in the modern game. He would probably be best served as an impact sub somewhere in a team that can afford to carry him
Yes, I kinda agree with you but …..but….but…

Traore has magic but sadly, it seems he or nobody else can bottle and control it. What a potential terrible waste.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think MGW is best used as a forward. But I also think we’re going to play the 433 of pre-season now we have an extra midfielder coming in. And maybe that opens the way for MGW to play in the midfield instead.

………………….….Sa
Semedo…Collins…Kilman…RAN
……………………Neves
………………MGW….Nunes
……Guedes…………………..Neto…..
……………..……Striker……………

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think MGW is best used as a forward. But I also think we’re going to play the 433 of pre-season now we have an extra midfielder coming in. And maybe that opens the way for MGW to play in the midfield instead.

………………….….Sa
Semedo…Collins…Kilman…RAN
……………………Neves
………………MGW….Nunes
……Guedes…………………..Neto…..
……………..……Striker……………
MGW was superb workrate and winning back the ball on Saturday. Can't play that against top sides but could work in games we dominate the ball. Would probably be well open on the counter though

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great price for him , doesn't look like he wants to sign a contract so best we part ways.

Back
Top Bottom