Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of gems from the Forest forum;
I have been on there; their confidence seems to be based on a conviction that Morgan wants the move, does anybody know where they got this idea from?
It seems a bit unlikely given that they are a similar sized club to us and that teams promoted via the playoffs historically have something like a 50% chance of being immediately relegated.
I reckon he is no hurry to sign a contract at present in case a bigger club than us come in for him while his stock is high not to try and force a move to Forest like they all seem to think.
I think he just wants guaranteed game time, to be wanted and show what he can do.. if we show him that, I am confident he will stay. If we don’t, then I think Forest have shown a lot of intent about how they rate him.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he just wants guaranteed game time, to be wanted and show what he can do.. if we show him that, I am confident he will stay. If we don’t, then I think Forest have shown a lot of intent about how they rate him.
Yeah but they seem to be absolutely convinced that he wants to go to them and that player power will win the day, the delusion runs deep.
Plus they don’t seem to understand the concept of a **** off player evaluation either :D

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh goody, another excuse for him.

I want him to stay but this is Morgan Gibbs-White and Nottingham Forest.

If you want to go, **** off.

If you want to stay, sign up.

He ain’t worth playing games over and treading on eggshells around.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

**** off with an excuse, anyone confronted my family for no reason I'd be swinging punches. This isn't the first time it's happened either

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** off with an excuse, anyone confronted my family for no reason I'd be swinging punches. This isn't the first time it's happened either
Ooo you’re hard.

You don’t know if it’s happened, for one.
Secondly, the first reply underneath says they were barging into people.
Thirdly, the girlfriend has posted a pic of her tucking into some food since, so whilst that doesn’t mean nothing happened, if my family had been in a scrap 20 minutes ago I wouldn’t be posting sandwiches on Instagram.

Every footballer gets abuse, which is wrong I should add, but only Wolves fans manage to turn it into ‘he’s off’, or more that’s the reason he’s off.

MGW name was sung from the away end today and 95% of Wolves fans I know are desperate for him to stay.

The manager loves him. The manager will play him.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ooo you’re hard.

You don’t know if it’s happened, for one.
Secondly, the first reply underneath says they were barging into people.
Thirdly, the girlfriend has posted a pic of her tucking into some food since, so whilst that doesn’t mean nothing happened, if my family had been in a scrap 20 minutes ago I wouldn’t be posting sandwiches on Instagram.

Every footballer gets abuse, which is wrong I should add, but only Wolves fans manage to turn it into ‘he’s off’, or more that’s the reason he’s off.
How many minutes or hours after are you allowed to eat? Excuses made for the fans at Leicester I believe it was as well. Odd you'd like your family be accosted but fair enough.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Don't agree with fans taunting his family or whatever they did even I'm not his biggest fan but no one deserves that. Those fans are probably only kids who haven't a clue. They have only added fuel to the fire if forest want him.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he played OK today. Certainly didn't disgrace himself and he now knows he's not in the Championship anymore where you can get away with certain mistakes. Not going to judge him based on that but he does need to improve over the next few games if he is going to keep his place and establish himself as a regular. Otherwise, it's time to cash in when January rolls around.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Quite harshly put! But I must admit I basically agree.
He’s a bit of a luxury player and we might not be able to afford that! Mind I don’t know why forest think they can...

Your eggshells comment is accurate. I think 433 today with ronan or cundle in for mgw would have worked better today, despite the fact mgw is the better player. But I suspect Lage is indeed treading on eggshells around Morgan.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He’s a bit of a luxury player and we might not be able to afford that! Mind I don’t know why forest think they can...

Your eggshells comment is accurate. I think 433 today with ronan or cundle in for mgw would have worked better today, despite the fact mgw is the better player. But I suspect Lage is indeed treading on eggshells around Morgan.
Cundle got absolutely destroyed by a high press against Newcastle and Ronan is an SPL player. Both would have gotten dismantled.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many minutes or hours after are you allowed to eat? Excuses made for the fans at Leicester I believe it was as well. Odd you'd like your family be accosted but fair enough.
Where did I say that?

No one deserves criticism technically but this is the real world.

Do you think Sa’s family enjoyed the nice things said about him when he threw the first in? Or Ait-Nouri’s?

She can do what she wants, I’m saying the fact she hasn’t mentioned it may mean this alleged thing may not even be a thing.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Where did I say that?

No one deserves criticism technically but this is the real world.

Do you think Sa’s family enjoyed the nice things said about him when he threw the first in? Or Ait-Nouri’s?

She can do what she wants, I’m saying the fact she hasn’t mentioned it may mean this alleged thing may not even be a thing.
Well yeah, on the proviso it is true - did I miss someone going up to Sa's or RAN's families and doing it? Disingenuous comparisons.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cundle got absolutely destroyed by a high press against Newcastle and Ronan is an SPL player. Both would have gotten dismantled.
But they would of both naturally helped create a better shape for the team.
It surly isn’t always just about picking the best 11 individual players?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fed up of it mate.

Forest got absolutely pummelled by Newcastle today in terms of stats. There’s still major question marks over them.

As there is us, but Forest are sideways move at best.

This isn’t Neves holding out for Barcelona or Jota to Liverpool. It’s MGW to Forest.

He’s got a good thing here. A manager that rates him. An attacking formation that should let him thrive. A potential good understanding with players like Neto & Podence.

If he doesn’t want it, fair enough. Whether it’s money (my suspicion). Whether it’s Cooper. Whatever, we’re Wolves. Go if you want just get it sorted because you’re not Messi (or Neves) and realistically as a club we need to know by September as the contract running down would be a problem financially.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well yeah, on the proviso it is true - did I miss someone going up to Sa's or RAN's families and doing it? Disingenuous comparisons.
No. But Sa & RAN would’ve been called all sorts after that first goal.

Who knows who MGW Dad is? Hardly anyone I’d suggest.

So my logical guess, IF this has happened, is the family have reacted to someone slagging off MGW, which is totally fair enough in isolation.

However, all 11 players at some point today would’ve had personal criticism.

Again, not justifying it. Just saying how it is - IF this happened.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The shape worked in the second half, we dominated the ball and moved it well with the extra man being untrackable by Leeds. With Cundle or Ronan in would have just been an easy sideways ball and glacial pace again. You are correct it isn't just about picking the best players, I was actually frustrated with the midfield first half but 2nd half both played very well.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hmmm maintain shape and throw in a league 1 standard player or change shape to accommodate a higher quality starting XI....

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No. But Sa & RAN would’ve been called all sorts after that first goal.

Who knows who MGW Dad is? Hardly anyone I’d suggest.

So my logical guess, IF this has happened, is the family have reacted to someone slagging off MGW, which is totally fair enough in isolation.

However, all 11 players at some point today would’ve had personal criticism.

Again, not justifying it. Just saying how it is - IF this happened.
You reckon you'd need a DNA test to work out who he was?

Attachments

• Gibbs-White-with-father-Kirk-right-and-Wolves-academy-boss-Gareth-Prosser.jpg
    Gibbs-White-with-father-Kirk-right-and-Wolves-academy-boss-Gareth-Prosser.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 106

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You reckon you'd need a DNA test to work out who he was?
No but I can’t say I walk out the ground looking at peoples faces hoping to see someone among the 36,000 milling around.

There’s far too much unknown to debate this properly.

As a player who wants to play for England and I presume the top, top clubs in England, MGW and family will have to develop thicker skin. The abuse and scrutiny will be FAR worse for his country and with the real elite.

Is that right? Not at all. But it’s what football is in today’s world.

Anyway, will leave this bit at that.

I thought he was decent today.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No but I can’t say I walk out the ground looking at peoples faces hoping to see someone among the 36,000 milling around.

There’s far too much unknown to debate this properly.

As a player who wants to play for England and I presume the top, top clubs in England, MGW and family will have to develop thicker skin. The abuse and scrutiny will be FAR worse for his country and with the real elite.

Is that right? Not at all. But it’s what football is in today’s world.

Anyway, will leave this bit at that.

I thought he was decent today.
Tbf, not to put too fine of a point around it but I also doubt his Dad was worried for his safety. Sure those in the Staffordshire area may get my drift!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm maintain shape and throw in a league 1 standard player or change shape to accommodate a higher quality starting XI....
Yeah, that is pretty much what I’m saying! And we’ll never know if it would of got us a better result.

My main point is I would have stuck with the formation and shape used for A games in pre season. I’d of truthfully actually probably started Mgw anyway and left out Hwang or podence. But kept the 433.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was Cundle playing in a midfield 3 in that game?

A midfield 3 of Neves, Dendonker and Cundle or Ronan might have given the back four more protection. Instead we played with a midfield 2 and 4 up front (which I don’t think we have in pre-season) and Hwang has hardly played at all due to Army service and a hip injury.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Was Cundle playing in a midfield 3 in that game?

A midfield 3 of Neves, Dendonker and Cundle or Ronan might have given the back four more protection. Instead we played with a midfield 2 and 4 up front (which I don’t think we have in pre-season) and Hwang has hardly played at all due to Army service and a hip injury.
No, but he was also playing with 3 CBs behind him which gives him at best the same options as a 4 with 2 other CMs. At worst he'd have less obvious passes on with 4 3 3

Back
Top Bottom