Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lage certainly making it clear that he wants to keep MGW.

More understandable that they rejected the Forest offer as they say a lot of the £10m add-ons were unrealistic (although don't detail what they are)

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“We keep Morgan – how much would you pay for Morgan? £50million,” he said.
“Tell me one player who can play like Morgan and how much do you pay for him?
“Since the first day I have seen a top player. When I want to find a player like him, I need to spend £50million. We have a strong team and with patience we will create a strong squad.”
Exactly how I feel about him. Add to the fact he's homegrown (and British), he's absolutely worth that figure based on potential. You don't put a player in the centre of your plans for an entire preseason just to sell them to a newly promoted club, it makes no sense whatsoever.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

More understandable that they rejected the Forest offer as they say a lot of the £10m add-ons were unrealistic (although don't detail what they are)
I hate when journalists use daft headlines for click bait. Lage hasn't put any price tag on MGW. It's not his job to do that.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Forest fans are outraged that we won't just sell to them at a price they'd like, welcome to the Premier League.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Probably put in if they won the champions league, did you know they’d won it twice? Like Villa, they won it in 82 you know, no **** ever mentioned it,,,,, much

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Watched today with interest. On paper is 35m for MGW silly money yes. But as a fan it's bigger than this. Why would an established PL club be bullied by a newly promoted upstart when we have clearly said he's important this season? Good to see we are holding firm here.

And Notts Forest can now join my lengthy list of ****y clubs I hope fall into obscurity

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably put in if they won the champions league, did you know they’d won it twice? Like Villa, they won it in 82 you know, no **** ever mentioned it,,,,, much
They had about 5 years of being a huge club because they had Cloughie. The rest of their history is bang average.

I like Forest, they are a reasonably big club, with a big following, a nice proper ground, a decent history, and in a cracking city. But they're no Wolves.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
They're another set of fans who'll be singing the "Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that" song. Think we need to have a riposte ready this season. Something along the lines of "Two consecutive 7th place finishes, you'll never sing that."

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Forest fans are outraged that we won't just sell to them at a price they'd like, welcome to the Premier League.

"Two months later, he hasn't put pen to paper yet. No matter what they've done, he hasn't signed for a reason.

They know it. We know it."

Yeah because he asked for assurances on minutes I mean how hard is it to go find that article ? This is what their fans are not quite understanding

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They had about 5 years of being a huge club because they had Cloughie. The rest of their history is bang average.

I like Forest, they are a reasonably big club, with a big following, a nice proper ground, a decent history, and in a cracking city. But they're no Wolves.

We've been living on our glory years of the 50's for the last 70 years....... we haven't won the league since 59 and we don't have 2 European cups in the cabinet.
I think Forest ( and Villa ) have recent bragging rights.
Glad to hear we turned down their offers for Morgan.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bruno is more or less saying ‘Put up or shut up‘ to Forest and hopefully bringing an end to their attempts to sign him. He is making MGW feel very much wanted.

No way will Forest get anywhere near £50million. He is our player, we want to keep him, so if you want him that’s the price!

Next step is to sort out a new contract for Morgan.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You don’t keep bidding for no reason. They must have been told we will sell at a price ?/ player is interested in move etc.

We all know it’s sell to buy and I’d imagine £35 mill upfront would see us sell and then maybe go back for Nunes ??

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

I remember when they got relegated, there was a chap at my work who was a forest fan he had an on loan to the championship T-shirt - one season only! Wonder if he’s still got it ?

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Exactly what we need to hear. Will do wonders for MGW confidence in the club too, seems like the big problem was he felt undervalued and perhaps misused by Nuno. Now he knows he's going to be one of the main men. Watch him put in MOTM against Leeds today.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest are fast becoming my number 1 relegation hopefuls. Their fans thinking a move to forest is a sidewards step for him. How? The arrogance from them is unbelievable for a club who has only just been promoted. History means nothing and I hope they fail miserably

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Two months later, he hasn't put pen to paper yet. No matter what they've done, he hasn't signed for a reason.

They know it. We know it."

Yeah because he asked for assurances on minutes I mean how hard is it to go find that article ? This is what their fans are not quite understanding
It is unacceptable to ask for assurances - you earn your rights .
And any player that asks for that is in no way a team player .

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The journalists linked to the Forest side remain convinced Morgan will sign, despite the bids to date being rejected and Lage’s comments about 50m. This account gets referenced on the Forest forum.

Forest fans on their forum now seem in two minds. On the one hand, they still want to sign Morgan as they trust Cooper, but on the other, they are getting cold feet about where the fee is heading. Most of this concern is focused on the headline 35m rejected, rather than the 25m of that which is solid, and the much less certain 10m in addons. Despite what Lage said, I wonder if Forest offered 35m in cash, and maybe a sell on clause, if we would bite?

D

Deleted member intdint

If we get 30/35m upfront then we simply have to accept the offer.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would explain a lot about our recruitment team if they are just rejecting bids without any feedback. "If you can't beat them, waste their time so they don't have the opportunity to sign someone else"

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get 30/35m upfront then we simply have to accept the offer.

My guess is 35m in cash plus some addons or sell on clause would be too much to ignore. That’s enough to pay for a quality AM, which would lessen the impact of losing Morgan. Not that I want to sell MGW.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So much of our comment of what to do is based on speculation and conjecture. There’s no way I could decide on this without knowing what feasibly we could gain with the proceeds of a sale Only Shi/Sellars can know prices quoted plus agent feedback on whether our targets have any interest in us. Unless there is realistic hope of spending for improvement it’s pointless selling …we can keep speculating but only Shi/Sellars know the reality…IMO…UTW

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of gems from the Forest forum:

Its totally up to Wolves to value him as they wish. Theres limits though and I think we need to move on. The only way he signs for Forest is if he hands in a transfer request and I honestly dont think hed be THAT desperate to move here. Its a sideways move at best.

I think they see us spending a lot of money, they see a midlands rival, they see a team who may potentially overtake them if they're not careful.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of gems from the Forest forum;
I have been on there; their confidence seems to be based on a conviction that Morgan wants the move, does anybody know where they got this idea from?
It seems a bit unlikely given that they are a similar sized club to us and that teams promoted via the playoffs historically have something like a 50% chance of being immediately relegated.
I reckon he is no hurry to sign a contract at present in case a bigger club than us come in for him while his stock is high not to try and force a move to Forest like they all seem to think.

Back
Top Bottom