Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just been told by my ITK on this (who is VERY close to MGW) that nothing is being discussed until players return to training. He’s happy to stay and fight for a place if it’s a genuine chance to be in the first team and not sat on the bench but if not, he’s not against moving on either

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just been told by my ITK on this (who is VERY close to MGW) that nothing is being discussed until players return to training. He’s happy to stay and fight for a place if it’s a genuine chance to be in the first team and not sat on the bench but if not, he’s not against moving on either
Good. Id really like to see him make it with us.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nice to read, that makes me feel far more positive that he'll get his chance here. Really hope it works out, I think he's going to keep improving and would love it to be with us.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news, cant see why he wont be in the 11 next season.

Only way he isnt if we buy multiple players which by looks of it, isnt happening

Clipboard

Reaction score
Excellent. I really hope he stays and that we use him correctly.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds perfectly reasonable

Sidaway

Reaction score
Nice to see Bruno's wish of having his new squad as early as possible in pre-season come to fruition...

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hopefully he's had a change of heart then

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I really do want it to work out well for him with us. He is clearly a talented lad and I do think he can make an excellent contribution - he could become a cult hero.

I am a little surprised they are leaving it until the start of training (which will be about three/four weeks from now) because if he does leave it does not give us much time to replace him.

But having a £20m player for 'free' has got to be a positive.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I really do want it to work out well for him with us. He is clearly a talented lad and I do think he can make an excellent contribution - he could become a cult hero.

I am a little surprised they are leaving it until the start of training (which will be about three/four weeks from now) because if he does leave it does not give us much time to replace him.

I wasn’t too fussed if MGW stayed or went but thinking it through I’d rather have MGW than £20m which they can spunk on Hwang and someone like Seferovic (who’s apparently linked unfortunately)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I suppose it’ll be a chance to see how he’s progressed while out on loan and how much he wants to fight for a place. I’ve said before on here I’ve met him a few times via my contact and he’s a really nice lad but seems very laid back and that might come over as lazy. I know for a fact as it came out of his mouth to me that Nuno used to get at him in training for perceiving he wasn’t always at 100% in what he did.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@jackdusty said pretty much this last week after bumping into MGW, so hopefully people will now accept he’s no axe to grind and will play if given a chance

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW has deserved his chance to show that he should play.
It was always the reason for sending him out to Swans and Blades..to get him some solid playing minutes.
MGW simply wasn´t good enough to break into our starting eleven before this.
Now,he has every chance to do so..but it is really up to himself.
If he proves himself good enough to play,then he should play.
I´ve been hesitant before his time at Blades if he would ever be good enough to cut it with us.
Now,it looks promising indeed and I am looking forward to MGW showing the progress he´s made in Old Gold and Black.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose it’ll be a chance to see how he’s progressed while out on loan and how much he wants to fight for a place. I’ve said before on here I’ve met him a few times via my contact and he’s a really nice lad but seems very laid back and that might come over as lazy. I know for a fact as it came out of his mouth to me that Nuno used to get at him in training for perceiving he wasn’t always at 100% in what he did.
But who was right, Nuno or MGW, or a bit of both?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reported that Nottingham Forest and Southampton are in for MGW .
IMO That appears to be his level. And that’s why he divides opinions.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reported that Nottingham Forest and Southampton are in for MGW .
IMO That appears to be his level. And that’s why he divides opinions.
What level is that then?
I’d guess forest will well and truly be in a relegation scrap next season, ourselves and Southampton will be close to one another in mid table...

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What level is that then?
I’d guess forest will well and truly be in a relegation scrap next season, ourselves and Southampton will be close to one another in mid table...
Premier League level.
Not bad at all for a 22 year old home grown player.
Not that many English born PL players in reality so we should all be delighted he is ours.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What level is that then?
Yes agreed , somewhere between a relegation scrap and 10th .

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll get minutes and the odd start but won't be a regular if we're in the top half of the division.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, any game that Trincao, Hwang, Cundle or Dendocker played as midfielders or wide attackers, i would have preferred MGW.

I wanted a front 3 of MGW, Raul and Trinaco or a front 4 with Podence.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would've walked into our starting 11 for most of the season for me.

I wanted him to start first game of the season and he's only got better
Looked our best player in the pre-season games.

Considering how well he's done playing with a 'less quality' team, who knows how well he would have done?

I don't think he fitted the Bruno system of never taking a defender on and running in the general direction of goal. Must stay for me.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked our best player in the pre-season games.

Considering how well he's done playing with a 'less quality' team, who knows how well he would have done?

I don't think he fitted the Bruno system of never taking a defender on and running in the general direction of goal. Must stay for me.

I disagree, I think he was more of a system fit then Trinaco, Donk or Adama on the Right wing position.

I heard Lage wanted him to stay but Stellers wanted him to go out and play constantly

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good attitude and he deserves the chance.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My prediction is that MGW signs a new contract, stays, starts the season out of the team, forces his way in and then ends the season as a first choice player, on the fringes of an England call-up, with his old manager Steve Cooper taking over from Gareth Southgate following a dreadful World Cup showing.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My prediction is that MGW signs a new contract, stays, starts the season out of the team, forces his way in and then ends the season as a first choice player, on the fringes of an England call-up, with his old manager Steve Cooper taking over from Gareth Southgate following a dreadful World Cup showing.

Wonderful, WolfLing but will Bruno still be here? If so, he has the capacity to throw cold water on our hopes.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What level is that then?

Us and Southampton ended the season on the worst form of any teams other than those relegated. Forest will be in that relegation scrap unless they pull off some miracle transfer dealings. Of course we start ahead of Forest, but both us and Southampton are also heading for that relegation scrap unless we make some changes.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Us and Southampton ended the season on the worst form of any teams other than those relegated. Forest will be in that relegation scrap unless they pull off some miracle transfer dealings. Of course we start ahead of Forest, but both us and Southampton are also heading for that relegation scrap unless we make some changes.
Or the injured players return

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Or the injured players return
I know, people forget that prior to our "relegation form," we had an incredible run of "champions league form." Guess what? That averages out to mid-table form, now doesn't it. We hit the skids a bit when we had some tough outcomes (Arsenal and Leeds) and then lost Neves, Kilman, Semedo, and Podence.

Dazzling Dave

Reaction score
Tried to bring up the two previous threads but they're locked, this can be merged if there's another one, but can't see it.

Anyway, think Gibbs-White deserves a bit of praise, and I say that as someone who has criticised him a lot in the past.

His recent substitute appearances have been positive, even against Burnley, and last night he was progressive. His quick thinking should've resulted in a 3 on 1 counter-attack before Dean decided to cheat.

He actually looks like he wants to make a difference and is trying to take this opportunity.

I'd be happy going with MGW & Vitinha for the attack-minded midfielders next season. I think Vitinha is ahead of him but MGW can still have a role to play but both need to play centrally, not get pushed out wide.
personally would like to see MGW given a chance

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know, people forget that prior to our "relegation form," we had an incredible run of "champions league form." Guess what? That averages out to mid-table form, now doesn't it. We hit the skids a bit when we had some tough outcomes (Arsenal and Leeds) and then lost Neves, Kilman, Semedo, and Podence.
I get what you are saying but, in my opinion, the Champions League Form was never really convincing, we didnt play that well but scraped wins. How many games did we really play well in and absolutely deserve the points ? Man United away springs to mind other than that…..I’m struggling.

I said at the time we were winning that I couldn't work out if Lage is a good manager or whether he was lucky I’m still not really much wiser as to the answer.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God knows mate, he won us points with goals last season….

People neglect the fact he had no pre-season with us and had a terrible case of covid that cost him a significant chunk of the season before. We all know the long term effects covid can have. He joined not fully fit trying to ply catch up and he looked great in his first few games then he got injured and just hasn’t regained any sense of real sharpness or match fitness.

I look forward to seeing him after a full pre-season. I am very confident many on here will be eating humble pie come the end of the season over him
What are the long term effects of Covid that we all know?

Back
Top Bottom