Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If he goes the key is a big sell on clause. Think he'd be at a top 6 side after a couple of years

SheldonWolf

Reaction score
Southampton over us?
Forest over us?

MGW needs to be given a chance in gold before any of the above become a reality…..I mean he can’t be any worse than Hwang can he, who we paid a lot of good money for.

Makes no sense to sell MGW in without looking how he has matured in his season on loan, in fact, it would indicate complete ineptitude……especially with an outgoing Neves and under-par performing Raul.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think what is out there and available will ultimately decide if we sell him.

For example, if Rafa Silva was available for around the £20m mark, Bruno would probably much prefer him to Gibbs-White.

We then get a quality, in his prime Rafa Silva added to our squad for no net spend.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton over us?
Forest over us?

MGW needs to be given a chance in gold before any of the above become a reality…..I mean he can’t be any worse than Hwang can he, who we paid a lot of good money for.

Makes no sense to sell MGW in without looking how he has matured in his season on loan, in fact, it would indicate complete ineptitude……especially with an outgoing Neves and under-par performing Raul.

Agreed.

As for what he may think about staying. Remember a couple of years ago when we were linked with a move for Zinchenko? What did he say… he wanted to stay and fight for his place. Probably a similar age then to Morgan now. I’d like to see a similar amount of fight and commitment from Morgan to stay at Wolves and compete for his place.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
I think what is out there and available will ultimately decide if we sell him.

For example, if Rafa Silva was available for around the £20m mark, Bruno would probably much prefer him to Gibbs-White.

We then get a quality, in his prime Rafa Silva added to our squad for no net spend.
I don't have the encyclopedic knowledge of players that some on here seem to manage, but although I expect you're right about Bruno, are the money men going to say that at 29 Rafa Silva may well be about at his peak, but will be ticking over into a lower resale value? Apart from the nationalities it's a bit anti-Wolves, selling a young player to buy an older one? (I know you were just picking an example and a bit of experience might not go amiss if we're selling everyone over 30!).

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Silva and MGW aren't very similar at all.

Silva played 5 games centrally last year, had 1 goal and 2 assists in 5 games vs on the right wing he played 19 games 7 goals 14 assists.

He'd be a very good wide option but has played centrally sparingly in his career.

If you look at this data (which is absolutely cast iron but a good guide). He is a wide player,

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'd do well at Forest.

Nixon is c tier though. Knows precious little

If Percy says it's happening - or Romano - it is. If Nixon said it's raining, I'd check

Nixon blocked me on twitter. I called out his brand of ITK when someone asked him a question about something and he said something like "it might happen, but might not". How ****ing insightful!

I also saw him do something not dissimilar to a poster on here, claiming he knew about something going on, but only mentioned it after it had happened.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sending him out on loan this season while complaining that he hadn't enough players was the height of managerial ineptitude. Ignoring the potential of Fabio Silva to treat us to the genius of Hwang was the height of managerial ineptitude. Persisting with a manager who has overseen a team whose form over the last couple of months represented that of a team to be relegated, has all the appearances of ineptitude. If the start of next season sees the team continue on the same trajectory as it has been on at the end of this season, one can only wonder what damage Bruno can do in the close season. If the rumours are true, MGW isn't the only player who is witnessing ineptitude and doesn't want to suffer the consequences.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sending him out on loan this season while complaining that he hadn't enough players was the height of managerial ineptitude.

Morgan wanted to go out on loan, and then chose to stay there. You have to be pretty harsh to describe that as managerial ineptitude.

The wishes of the players are the most important factor in these things. It’s their career. They can’t be made to do something they don’t want to do.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me too, but most important player because of the exposure he gains to the global market according to Jeff, fact he couldn't trap a bag of cement is irrelevant in Jeffs world.

I think it's really small time if they think by having a Korean in the team we will garner tens of thousands of fans in Asia, what we need is a sexy team playing sexy football and challenging for trophies, that's what brings in the fans and the sponsors and builds the "brand", but that costs money and there's the problem.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Morgan wanted to go out on loan, and then chose to stay there. You have to be pretty harsh to describe that as managerial ineptitude.

The wishes of the players are the most important factor in these things. It’s their career. They can’t be made to do something they don’t want to do.
He was given the option. That's the manager/clubs call

They don't demand a loan and it just happens.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan wanted to go out on loan, and then chose to stay there.
Because the Manager informed him he was unlikely to hold down a first team place. The fact that the manager was also claiming he didn't have enough first team players and looking for signings was conveying to MGW in no uncertain terms, you ain't up to the standards I require. The further removed the team have moved from Nuno's management, the less coherent they have become as a team and consequently what we have seen at the latter part of this season is a team displaying relegation form. I fear that this form will continue into next season and I further fear that in the mean time Bruno will be given resources to build the team he wants. What are we likely to see, many more Hwangs and far fewer MGWs?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because the Manager informed him he was unlikely to hold down a first team place. The fact that the manager was also claiming he didn't have enough first team players and looking for signings was conveying to MGW in no uncertain terms, you ain't up to the standards I require. The further removed the team have moved from Nuno's management, the less coherent they have become as a team and consequently what we have seen at the latter part of this season is a team displaying relegation form. I fear that this form will continue into next season and I further fear that in the mean time Bruno will be given resources to build the team he wants. What are we likely to see, many more Hwangs and far fewer MGWs?
Do you actually know that Lage told MGW he was unlikely to hold down a first team place or it just rumour or speculation.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Don't get why so many people repwatedly say he woupdn't fit into our current system when it seems quite clear to me he could have been in place of dendoncker, trincao or hwang this season whether 343 or 352, and has played in a silimar formation at sheff utd.

Then there are people saying we would need to change formation, and isn't that precisely what a lot of people are asking for anyway?

Then again; after reading so much on here the last few months i really don't get where some people's thought processes come from

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get why so many people repwatedly say he woupdn't fit into our current system when it seems quite clear to me he could have been in place of dendoncker, trincao or hwang this season whether 343 or 352, and has played in a silimar formation at sheff utd.

Then there are people saying we would need to change formation, and isn't that precisely what a lot of people are asking for anyway?

Then again; after reading so much on here the last few months i really don't get where some people's thought processes come from
Especially with the inverted wingers and (sometimes) fluid front three. He would be fantastic for us.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would love MGW to stay and become a key part in the rebuild. But I fear he's had his fingers burned one too many times by us in the past - some of it his own fault but mostly not. For me, the reason to send certain players out on loan is to develop their game so they can be part of the first team before long - it seems like MGW has done that but has decided that he wants guaranteed football which is something we've dangled in front of him like a carrot but never really followed through on.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely.
There was also a game recently (Brighton I think) were Bruno played Hwang through the middle a bit like a false nine, MGW could do that too.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Contract extension and loan him to forest for the season. We’ll learn if he’s developed into a prem player without the risk of him being sat on our bench for the season if he doesn’t hit the ground running.
Not a bad shout. With a recall in January if he's doing well enough.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a strange one; I would be happy to give him a chance next season and see how he gets on but then I'd be equally happy if we got 20m for him.

In honesty, in the games I saw him play for us, I thought there was flashes of brilliance amongst amongst some pretty mundane play. That said, my boss rates him and thinks he always looks to go forward which, I suppose, would be a rarity in this team.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is nonsense about what was posted? A sell on clause would be a must and no reason at all MGW can't go to the top. People need to stop judging him on fits and starts with us ffs.

Another couple of seasons and I reckon he will find the consistency and decision making to be a top player, I'm hoping we keep him but if we do we have to play him

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nonsense!
Why's that nonsense? He's had the kind of season Bowen and Mount had and he showed last close season that he is one of our better attacking players. If he maintains his current trajectory he'll be well worth including a big sell-on fee, and could go very high in his career. But I hope to God we just keep him, yes he could flop but I don't see it - at worst he'll definitely, and I mean that completely, be better than Hwang, Trincao and whatever flippable young Portuguese dross we're gonna have foisted on us by Mendes. Time to plough our own furrow, not by ignoring Mendes, but by reducing our dependency on him and his.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am getting the vibe that Morgan wants to be anywhere other than Wolves. Whilst I think he would be a good option, if he doesn't want to be hers and we can get good money, then ta ra a bit .

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am getting the vibe that Morgan wants to be anywhere other than Wolves. Whilst I think he would be a good option, if he doesn't want to be hers and we can get good money, then ta ra a bit .
I’m seeing lots of speculation from Wolves fans that he wants to go but no direct quotes….

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The vibe based on absolutely nothing apart from refreshing this thread and Twitter endlessly getting yourself into a tizzy. As with many of our players, he's been on international duty all week and will be for another couple of weeks.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This thread is getting boring
Facts are Wolves have offered a new improved contract and to be in Wolves Squad for the coming season
There will be no loan for Morgan
Up to Morgan now its his decision stay or leave
Stay and we are happy
Leave we sell him for the best offer we can get
Lets just wait for Morgan's decision

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
for me.....just sell him while his value is good.. has done well in the championship not the prem....sell,sell,sell

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
for me.....just sell him while his value is good.. has done well in the championship not the prem....sell,sell,sell
When he played in the Prem when did look lost? I watch a fair few games with in at Sheff Utd and he was targeted. This guy is quality now at 22.

I would sell podance and play MGW.

If we do sell him sell to Forest cheapish with a big re sell clause. We will not be too salty then in four years time unless he is liting number three for Forest

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nonsense!

What an utterly ridiculous comment. He’s 22 and just ripped the championship up, got POTS and rave reviews by all the blades fans in what was his first full season of starting regularly. His ability which Nuno made very clear was there for all to see at 16 is now starting to come to fruition. I assume it’s compete stupidity that some people still judge MGW as a player based on his odd appearance in our first team before he’s had time to mature.

How many had Grealish down as a 100m player when he was at Villa in the champ a few years ago? Plenty of players don’t come into themselves until mid 20’s, MGW is 22 FFS.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an utterly ridiculous comment. He’s 22 and just ripped the championship up, got POTS and rave reviews by all the blades fans in what was his first full season of starting regularly. His ability which Nuno made very clear was there for all to see at 16 is now starting to come to fruition. I assume it’s compete stupidity that some people still judge MGW as a player based on his odd appearance in our first team before he’s had time to mature.

How many had Grealish down as a 100m player when he was at Villa in the champ a few years ago? Plenty of players don’t come into themselves until mid 20’s, MGW is 22 FFS.
Mgw was a good player in the premier before he went on loan. He is ready now to be a star in the right formation.

Major **** up if he is sold.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Quite

At the same respective age as MGW Kevin de Bruyne was getting binned off by Chelsea after making 3 first team appearances and Mo Salah was banging in a goal in every 5 games in the Swiss league

Fortunately the club know a tad more than the self proclaimed experts on here

Back
Top Bottom