Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not saying any promises have been broken but they could promise him the world and play him in as many games as they did last season and this.
He is expecting to play a big part next season but I don't see it happening.
Why have they got to promise him anything other than if you play well you stay in the team, if you dont you wont
Same as any player really,he is no different
If his ego is too big to accept that then he needs to move on for everyones benefit

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
So some English players get in because there's no one else and some Englaish players don't get in because we prefer to play foreigners?

Okay
Oh man your on one, we have a foreign manager. How many British players play in our squad??? How many British players do we look to bring in???

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not many. but you seem to think we will somehow screwing MGW over because he's english. We won't.

If anything he's likely to get more opportunity to help meet the home grown quota

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Not many. but you seem to think we will somehow screwing MGW over because he's english. We won't.

If anything he's likely to get more opportunity to help meet the home grown quota
And I'm all for that but I just don't see it happening unfortunately.

MattWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It’s very rare I post about rumours or news on here but I’ve heard a couple of stories tonight about Morgan from people who have spoken with him.

Apparently he really couldn’t stand Nuno, didn’t like him at all and that he really wasn’t/isn’t happy with the club in general and wanted out.

I couldn’t tell you if he still feels the same way but I know that was the case.

I’ve also heard that Crystal Palace have put in an offer to take him on loan.

I really think he offers something we lack at the moment, a bit of creative spark.

I really hope he stays and we can give him a little bit of love which he obviously needs!

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Give the guy a chance. He's proved himself on loan - isnt that what loans are for? He's still quite young and players do improve.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
He should be starting in 4 2 3 1 on the opening day behind / next to raul with Neto and podence either side

That front 4 would score 2 a game
Still need a goalscorer and someone to head the ball from crosses. Raul no longer that player. MGM and Neto may get 10 goals each max, Podence and Raul max 5 each

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should they guarantee him playing every game regardless of his form, and that of others?
No one should be guaranteed playing time, form is everything, but MGW should be given the chance and the starts to claim the shirt; he is way better than Hwang and Trincao in my view, and probably better than Podence.

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have to say i was never a big fan but looks to have really come after that loan.

He seems to have developed a really annoying habit of running down the middle of the pitch, also just shooting whenever he looks up, even if he's outside the box, without first passing it out to the corner flag or centre circle. If we can coach that out of him we have something....

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope he wants to play for us, but I suspect that ship has sailed. I expect him to go if anyone offers close to £20m.

Of course we may not get any takers at the price we would want, but I don't think he wants to be here.

If Forest get promoted I could see him joining them to play with his previous international manager.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should be starting in 4 2 3 1 on the opening day behind / next to raul with Neto and podence either side

That front 4 would score 2 a game
Bang on. All we need to do is tighten up what’s behind them and work out how to get the ball up to them without just clipping it forward and hoping Raul can’t hold on to it.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still need a goalscorer and someone to head the ball from crosses. Raul no longer that player. MGM and Neto may get 10 goals each max, Podence and Raul max 5 each
You think playing in a more attacking system, with an extra attacker on the pitch Raul would score less than he has this season? People are absolutely desperate to write Raul off, it seems.

As for MGW, I agree with others that 4231 would be perfect for him. I hope we go down that route and give him a key role.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Can you remember when we had the best headerer in the whole of the Premierleague? and none of knew he could even head a ball...funny

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I
You think playing in a more attacking system, with an extra attacker on the pitch Raul would score less than he has this season? People are absolutely desperate to write Raul off, it seems.

As for MGW, I agree with others that 4231 would be perfect for him. I hope we go down that route and give him a key role.
I don't remember the last time I saw Raul nearly score never mind actually scoring. So no - unless by some miracle he discovers his form from a couple of seasons ago. Then I will be more than happy to have been wrong.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

MGW in the centre of the 3 with neto, chiquinho/podence outside him.

Palinha and what almeida in the 2?

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope he wants to play for us, but I suspect that ship has sailed. I expect him to go if anyone offers close to £20m.

Of course we may not get any takers at the price we would want, but I don't think he wants to be here.

If Forest get promoted I could see him joining them to play with his previous international manager.
The old sustainability model is flawed a bit if the players dont like it here and would rather stay away once loaned out.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we can all relate his situation to being in an everyday job.

It you aren't being used to what you perceive to be your value, if you don't feel you are being developed and your manager does not value you...... then you have 2 options. You can sit in your comfort zone, 'mark time' and just put in minimal effort and pick up your wage every month OR you can look for something else.

But its interesting that @MattWolf second hand information sounds like Nuno really sapped MGW's love of Wolves from him. When you think about the recall from Swansea, he started a game on his return (as a 'false number 9') to then pretty much sit on the bench.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not to mention, Fosun are in this to make money from selling players, there's no better profit than developing young English players.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s very rare I post about rumours or news on here but I’ve heard a couple of stories tonight about Morgan from people who have spoken with him.

Apparently he really couldn’t stand Nuno, didn’t like him at all and that he really wasn’t/isn’t happy with the club in general and wanted out.

I couldn’t tell you if he still feels the same way but I know that was the case.

I’ve also heard that Crystal Palace have put in an offer to take him on loan.

I really think he offers something we lack at the moment, a bit of creative spark.

I really hope he stays and we can give him a little bit of love which he obviously needs!
Interesting insight there.

No way we should be loaning him to a rival though. Sell? Perhaps, although if he could do a job at CP, then he should really be given the chance to do it here.

I think he should be given a chance at Wolves. Whether this will happen or not seems to be a lot more complicated than simply training him and picking him though.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers on Talking Wolves podcast made it sound like MGW is off.

Didn't say as much but I got that from the tone. Sounds like he was equally unhappy that he was sent on loan this season as should've been in the XI.

Says offer has been made and it's now entirely down to the player.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Didn't say as much but I got that from the tone. Sounds like he was equally unhappy that he was sent on loan this season as should've been in the XI.

The relentless positivity and infectious optimism around the place at the moment will surely convince him to stay?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we can all relate his situation to being in an everyday job.

It you aren't being used to what you perceive to be your value, if you don't feel you are being developed and your manager does not value you...... then you have 2 options. You can sit in your comfort zone, 'mark time' and just put in minimal effort and pick up your wage every month OR you can look for something else.

But its interesting that @MattWolf second hand information sounds like Nuno really sapped MGW's love of Wolves from him. When you think about the recall from Swansea, he started a game on his return (as a 'false number 9') to then pretty much sit on the bench.
This is it. He's not been treated badly by Wolves (as he's our player to use in the best interests of our club) but from his perspective he gets going and is then recalled to sit on the bench. That must've stung. We as fans were also sometimes quick to moan and groan when his tricks and flicks went awry, whereas at Sheffield United they've tolerated his flaws because his overall performances (admittedly in a more forgiving league) have been game changing - I've said a couple of times before that up here in Sheffield they rate him as one of the most gifted players they've ever seen.

Personally, I've always rated him, and I think he could emulate Mount and Bowen next season if he's played in the right way and isn't dropped after one bad game. Trincao has managed to get picked on the back of half a dozen!

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Really does seem that he doesn't fancy returning to Wolves. Club cannot afford another Cutrone/Mir/Adama situation so my guess is he will be sold this summer.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really does seem that he doesn't fancy returning to Wolves. Club cannot afford another Cutrone/Mir/Adama situation so my guess is he will be sold this summer.
If he doesn't want to come back, should absolutely be sold. Peak value after a great season and 2 years left. Agreed entirely on Traore....lost a lot of value there.

Hopefully he stays though

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My honest view is see ya then.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know his had a good season and probably seen as a saviour to all our creative issues but he needs to grow a back bone if his upset about being recalled last season if that was one of the trigger points!

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
been told we’ve offered him a contract to try and put the club in good light. Then when MGW turns it down the club spin us the tale

We tried our best to keep him but left us with no other option but to sell.

Been treated badly by the club

Home grown creative midfielder treated badly Sounds familiar ………… mark davies

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might seem controversial this, as he’s the new messiah around these parts but i really couldn’t care less if he stays or goes. The final ‘not bothered’ nail for me was his ‘once a blade, always a blade’ tweet.
Well **** off then, and try not to let the door hit you on the way out.
Do people really think he’d get away with his style in the Premier League?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
been told we’ve offered him a contract to try and put the club in good light. Then when MGW turns it down the club spin us the tale

We tried our best to keep him but left us with no other option but to sell.

Been treated badly by the club

Home grown creative midfielder treated badly Sounds familiar ………… mark davies
Mark Davies? Lol…
Next you’ll be telling me Keith Andrews was a wonder kid too. :relaxed:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's a player that just needs to feel appreciated.

He was incredibly well liked at Swansea and he seemed to love it there as well, from about five games!?

Then, as mentioned above, the way he spoke about Sheffield United was a bit excessive for a loan player.

I think he feels he's not liked at Wolves given how it went for him in the past but I really don't believe that's the case. If he was starting for us on the opening day of the season I'm sure he'd be one of the first and only players to have a song sung about them.

Wolves need to do their bit as well by ensuring he is offered a big contract because he does deserve it. I understand some scepticism but seriously, he's class now. Sheffield United are a good club, their fans have seen future England players (Walker, Maguire) so they know the score and if you haven't seen him play yourself, just see what they think of him.

Of course, we can't beg anyone to stay but I hope we're doing everything right to convince him to stay in terms of the money offered and the fact he will get a chance to play regularly.

If he's that determined to go, I would be annoyed with him in truth as I do feel a local lad should stay over joining someone like a Palace, Southampton, but I would also understand his point.

The cynic in me thinks it's always mainly down to money though, so if we've got to go that little bit further to convince him to stay then we should.

I think this is a big moment in our summer. If we can't convince Gibbs-White to stay then it's concerning.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's a player that just needs to feel appreciated.

He was incredibly well liked at Swansea and he seemed to love it there as well, from about five games!?

Then, as mentioned above, the way he spoke about Sheffield United was a bit excessive for a loan player.

I think he feels he's not liked at Wolves given how it went for him in the past but I really don't believe that's the case. If he was starting for us on the opening day of the season I'm sure he'd be one of the first and only players to have a song sung about them.

Wolves need to do their bit as well by ensuring he is offered a big contract because he does deserve it. I understand some scepticism but seriously, he's class now. Sheffield United are a good club, their fans have seen future England players (Walker, Maguire) so they know the score and if you haven't seen him play yourself, just see what they think of him.

Of course, we can't beg anyone to stay but I hope we're doing everything right to convince him to stay in terms of the money offered and the fact he will get a chance to play regularly.

If he's that determined to go, I would be annoyed with him in truth as I do feel a local lad should stay over joining someone like a Palace, Southampton, but I would also understand his point.

The cynic in me thinks it's always mainly down to money though, so if we've got to go that little bit further to convince him to stay then we should.

I think this is a big moment in our summer despite the talk. If we can't convince Gibbs-White to stay then it's concerning.
Well said.

I hope we try hard to keep him but if he wants to leave, at least it will be for a good chunk of change.

Also agree with your final point.

Back
Top Bottom