Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The right decision really feel him in a number 10 role going forward will certainly improve our creativity/attacking play especially if we go with a back four next season...

Or, he could easily be the 'midfield winger' that Bruno has referred to many, many times this season in a 352 setup.

A role Dendoncker has played and failed to perform in.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent news. Hopefully he signs a new deal and we're off to a good start to the summer.

I'd also welcome the renewals of Ruddy and Moutinho.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been offered a new contract according to Spiers. Having only just given him one in August. Seems we are trying to show him he's a big part of our plans.

Says there has been interest from AC Milan there too...

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been offered a new contract according to Spiers. Having only just given him one in August. Seems we are trying to show him he's a big part of our plans.

Good news and if he signs he stays, and if he doesn't sign he will be sold in my view as only 2 years left on his contract so max value about now.
Hope he signs.

Richboxy

Groupie
Reaction score
I think it’s bad news that it’s been made public that he’s been offered a contract. I feel like an offer only goes public because the player/agent is drumming up interest. Hope to be proved wrong.

Neto, signed a new contract completely out of nowhere. I think MGW will be sold as he won’t sign.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the Milan interest is real, that could leave him with a decision to come and play for us, or play Champions League football with Milan.

Tough one!!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s bad news that it’s been made public that he’s been offered a contract. I feel like an offer only goes public because the player/agent is drumming up interest. Hope to be proved wrong.

Neto, signed a new contract completely out of nowhere. I think MGW will be sold as he won’t sign.
Yep, or the club leak it to try and save face before his exit as they know what's coming.

'We did all we could'.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He signed a new deal the day he left for Sheff Utd on loan so the length on the contract means we don't have to sell urgently... More if Gibbs-White himself really wants a move away... This new contract will only be a way of showing him we see him as a much more important player going forward....

Hopefully he signs and shows his quality in a Wolves shirt rather than elsewhere...

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He signed a new deal the day he left for Sheff Utd on loan so the length on the contract means we don't have to sell urgently... More if Gibbs-White himself really wants a move away... This new contract will only be a way of showing him we see him as a much more important player going forward....

Hopefully he signs and shows his quality in a Wolves shirt rather than elsewhere...
Issue with the one he signed was that it wasn't a very long one, only 2 more years on it so his value will drop pretty suddenly after this season if he's not on a new, longer one

If we don't sell now on his current deal he'll never be worth more... not that I want him gone, a new deal and an more important role in the team is warranted and he's ready IMO

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neto has a poorly knee, so made more sense to commit to a longer term contract.

The offer to MGW will test his allegiance to Wolves. He has shown he can play now so there is bound to be interest.

Canny move from Wolves. Blimey, I don't say that very often.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Says there has been interest from AC Milan there too...

Also says that us signing Trincao depends on what happens with MGW. If he do stay, Spiers thinks its less likely we'll sign Trincao, but also says that "Wolves believe Trincao has shown enough potential to consider signing him permanently"
As usual Spiers covers all bases, but the worrying part is that MGW staying should have any influence on what wingers we do or dont sign, as he's not a winger and never will be.
If he do stay, it needs to be in the role as attacking midfielder/False nine, that he's played for Sheff Utd. That however would require a change of formation. But we sure need that, so I really hope he stays, and gets to play in that role.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thus is quite simple .. offered new contract at higher salary .. he signs and shows he wants to play for Wolves .. he doesnt sign or delays signing we sell for best price .. my guess after Jan is the 2nd option

T

TheConcourse

The only thing I’d say on MGW is that player power cannot continue to become a theme at this club.

We’re seeing more and more instances where player voices are starting to become less about the success of the team and more about their own personal interest.

If MGW isn’t sure, say goodbye. You cannot break the culture. It isn’t worth it.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Or, he could easily be the 'midfield winger' that Bruno has referred to many, many times this season in a 352 setup.

A role Dendoncker has played and failed to perform in.
It's a bloody mystery to me. Lage seems to invent new positions. Play a 3412 and MGW can play in the position that brought him to national attention. A 'midfield winger' sounds as good an idea as playing Jonny as a 'fullback-centreback'. Always in the wrong place in the transition that everyone tells us is the vital part of modern football.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When it's a Wolves lad who's come through the ranks and should have a deeper connection with the club, I do have more of an expectation that a contract such as this should be signed... a little different when its a player who's been purchased, but with a lad that's grown up with the club and has given him his chance in the game, I like to think the contract should at least be signed so your hometown club can get full value for you as a minimum. You don't often see homegrown players that make their clubs first team leave on Bosmans... 'no loyalty in football' and all that, but with homegrown players there should be some slice of loyalty there somewhere

MGW should sign and give it a go (even if there's an issue there somewhere) and allow us to get full value if he's sold in the future and it doesn't work out... I know he had a good time at Sheff Utd and all that, but to think Molineux wouldn't be behind him just as much, if not more so, doesn't add up to me... it's not like we're playing at their level even, we're a few rungs up and it's the perfect time and next step for him in his career

I'd find it incredible that MGW wouldn't sign a new improved deal and give it a real go in our first team next season, so incredible that a little more of what's sacred in football has fallen away once more for me

No pressure Morgan, but sign the ****ing contract and do the business at your hometown club lad... it's what it's all about

Last edited:

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he’s had negative experience at wolves and enjoyed life at another club, suspect it will come down to biggest offer he gets. His agent knows he’s hot property now - whatever we offer will be used by his agent to tempt other clubs, Fosun won’t play chicken so suspect he’ll end up at villa or Everton!

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes and negative experience might mean lack of trust or faith that he’ll have an opportunity…..down to Bruno to explain his thinking and convince him he’s a part to play then MGW would need to deliver. Otherwise he’s likely to be tempted elsewhere..

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with all of that, I just feel if things didn’t go our way he and our fans might not get on
When it comes to youngsters our fans are permanently stuck in the Robbie Keane era where we expect instant success even from the age of 18. It’s quite embarrassing really (in the same scale as Villa being stuck in 1982)

He’s 22!! if he had come through the ranks of Sheff U academy and we had the chance to bring him into our squad on a free transfer we would be saying it’s the bargain of the season.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also says that us signing Trincao depends on what happens with MGW. If he do stay, Spiers thinks its less likely we'll sign Trincao, but also says that "Wolves believe Trincao has shown enough potential to consider signing him permanently"
As usual Spiers covers all bases, but the worrying part is that MGW staying should have any influence on what wingers we do or dont sign, as he's not a winger and never will be.
If he do stay, it needs to be in the role as attacking midfielder/False nine, that he's played for Sheff Utd. That however would require a change of formation. But we sure need that, so I really hope he stays, and gets to play in that role.
I don’t think it’s because we view him as a winger, I’d say it’s because we don’t view Trincao as one.

Trincao has generally been played as more of a wide midfielder, Bruno talks about him being able to play as the 3rd CM where he tucks inside sort of a half way house between 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 which I imagine is a position that would suit MGW. Certainly more than it does Dendoncker who also plays there when we want to be more defensively solid.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ffs no please no.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To use a quote frequently used... "Spiers knows nothing"

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the heck. Our policy is dependent on where MGW decides he wants to play ?
Have we become that weak !!
Lets hope this is a trash report . Or we are destined for the bottom not the top of this league. :mad: With weak ineffectual management .

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the heck. Our policy is dependent on where MGW decides he wants to play ?
Have we become that weak !!
Lets hope this is a trash report . Or we are destined for the bottom not the top of this league. :mad: With weak ineffectual management .

Eh? We can’t force him! A decent strategy caters for all eventualities

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine keeping Adama and getting Trinaco in a swap deal with Neves.... I think I'd give up watching

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Younger players go out on loan to establish themselves. What was he expecting? To walk into the side as a 20 Yr old with lots to learn.

What promises have been broken?
Not saying any promises have been broken but they could promise him the world and play him in as many games as they did last season and this.
He is expecting to play a big part next season but I don't see it happening.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And he's well paid and contracted to the club.

If we think he's worth keeping (looks like it to me), we'll keep him and hopefully it goes well and he'll get a lot of game time and continue his development.

If he flops in the premier league, he'll be a bit part player and will eventually move on.

This is all just very normal

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not saying any promises have been broken but they could promise him the world and play him in as many games as they did last season and this.
He is expecting to play a big part next season but I don't see it happening.
Should they guarantee him playing every game regardless of his form, and that of others?

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the lad needs some sort of hope that he’ll have the opportunity to play and show what he can deliver….if Lage/Sellars can’t deliver that hope he’ll probably go elsewhere….and you wouldn’t blame him

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
I think the lad needs some sort of hope that he’ll have the opportunity to play and show what he can deliver….if Lage/Sellars can’t deliver that hope he’ll probably go elsewhere….and you wouldn’t blame him
I wouldn't blame him and if an opportunity like Milan comes about why wouldnt he go? We have to sort Shi/Sellers/Lage out before anything happens tbh because it's becoming a ****show.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
What a load of tosh

Toti barely had a kick all season, kilman/coady plays every game thry are fit

Nothing to do with nationality
I think it does, Coads and kilman play because we have no one else who can do what they do, there is better out there we just can't afford them..or so we are led to believe.

Back
Top Bottom