Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Would say it confirms he won't be at Sheffield next season

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score

Would say it confirms he won't be at Sheffield next season
Yip. Coming so soon after their play off defeat, does intimate he had already made his mind up about his destination. Does this give credibility to Palace rumours or have Wolves offered guarantees he is seeking. Interesting.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I trust anyone thinking we’ll get £30m for him has never criticised the fee for Fabio!
Erm, we're talking about a player who'd never really played grown up football vs a player who's had a season in one of the world's toughest leagues and absolutely tore it up. I like and will back both of them but the Silva fee was still absurd.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I find Bruno hard to understand. I listen to what he says and I never think he is as clear as Nuno was when he was speaking. I am sure Bruno knows his stuff and is an excellent coach, but I do wonder if he confuses the players.

At the end of the day MGW has to want to work with the manager, and I do wonder if he sees Bruno someone he can respect and learn from. This is not about Bruno being Portuguese or anything, more or less every Premier League club is like the league of nations. If MGW prefers to work with a British coach and British players he is going to struggle working in the premier league, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

But I do get the feeling he would rather not be here next season, I don't have any evidence of that at all. I think he has looked at the likes of Trincao, Fabio, and Hwang having a place in the squad and he is rightly thinking I am head and shoulders above those guys yet 'my club' put me out on loan.

OK, he has enjoyed the experience, and it has worked for Wolves in that it would take £20m for someone to buy him - but equally I think it has made MGW think I want to go a club where they really want me. I think his ego drives him to be seen as the main man.

At the very least he is going to want to be given some reassurances that he is going to be a part of the first team squad, and get plenty of starts. If Bruno is thinking of bringing in Pedrinho, who looks like a similar player to MGW, then I doubt he will want to stay and sit on our bench for most of the season.

I think this transfer window is going to be really fascinating.
I think this 'ego' idea is perhaps a tad harsh and misplaced. He wants to prove he's got the talent to make it at the top level, he sees that with us you maybe need to be young, cheap and Portuguese to get a chance, and decides to give it a good go in the Chump. If I was his agent I'd definitely have been saying go to Blades and show everyone what you've got, rather than sit on the bench while the boss perseveres with that dosser Trincao who starts most games regardless of form, ability or attitude.

He made the right choice... the fact this thread looks like it does is proof of that.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we do sell him this summer we can add him to the list of jewels we let go too early and too cheaply
100%! I think it’s rather pointless having young and hungry talent if we won’t use them

Bolla, MGW the kind of players I look at and go these are the future!!

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100%! I think it’s rather pointless having young and hungry talent if we won’t use them

Bolla, MGW the kind of players I look at and go these are the future!!
Exactly.

On one hand they make sure we have a team capable of staying in the lucrative PL with no urgency for euro football and fulfilling commercial interests aka Hwang.

While on the other hand and in the main we are bringing in and developing young players to flick via loans rather than developing to play.

But that was always the intention so no surprises really.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But do you have the confidence in our management not to sell our up and coming youngsters?

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looking like the Milan interest is genuine then. Fair play to the lad, I know where I would be playing next year and you don't need thermals

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want hwang blocking his path this time.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just tell Jeff he's American/Indian/Chinese.

Then he'll get plenty of minutes.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has found his level. A solid championship player. No where near good enough for the premier league. He wouldnt get into norwichs squad.
Solid championship!

He was standout. Had to play cf due injuries.

Welcome football league based cast system; once there you can never lose the label.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
He has found his level. A solid championship player. No where near good enough for the premier league. He wouldnt get into norwichs squad.
Lol. So not only would he not get in the Norwich team, he wouldn't get in their squad. Yeah right. Bet Wet Spam fans are glad you weren't part of the team discussing the possible transfer of Bowen.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Admittedly they were in disarray at the time but one of our best attacking performances was against Forest in the League Cup where our front three was MGW, Podence and Fabio. 28 shots that game.

Could see those three and one of Neto, Trincao or Pedrinho striking up a really good understanding.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Admittedly they were in disarray at the time but one of our best attacking performances was against Forest in the League Cup where our front three was MGW, Podence and Fabio. 28 shots that game.

Could see those three and one of Neto, Trincao or Pedrinho striking up a really good understanding.
Yes, went to that game and he scored too.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he went out on loan to prove himself to Bruno/Wolves he couldn’t have done much more really. As long as he’s up for it next season he deserves a shot.
Absolutely this. I've never been his greatest fan but I've been really impressed with him at Sheffield. They seem to know where to play him; never sure we did. He'll come back to us and it appears Lage likes him so he should get games next season in our re-built side. We need more attacking threat and he could provide it and score some goals!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

That last 20 minutes when it was Trincao Fabio and Gibbs-White up front was brilliant, could have scored 6 just in that little spell.

Guy dingley

Reaction score
Just been on MGW Instagram and noticed that he’s recently started following Tomori (Ac Milan Player), with him being linked the past couple of days with AC could be a sign of a potential summer transfer. Take it as you will09150CC9-A87A-4E7C-9539-D06C0E937588.png

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Post 20 million and sell on clause deal if he leaves but hopefully he stays.
Good from ffp standpoint but in terms of what he can bring.to the team is bad. He looks muxh better than two years ago.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Post 20 million and sell on clause deal if he leaves but hopefully he stays.
Good from ffp standpoint but in terms of what he can bring.to the team is bad. He looks muxh better than two years ago.

Agree with all of that, I just feel if things didn’t go our way he and our fans might not get on

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure I get the gibbs whire love, he has had plenty of opportunities and always looked off the pace in the prem. No doubt there is a player in him but not sure its at the very top level

He's just had a full season out on loan and excelled, he has clearly come on leaps and bounds. We've got to give him a go especially with Neves and Moutinho likely heading for the exit door.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He played with Tomori as part of the U17 World Cup winning squad.

Tomori has been a revalation for Milan this season.

Hopefully he's not tapping Morgan up!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He played with Tomori as part of the U17 World Cup winning squad.

Tomori has been a revalation for Milan this season.

Hopefully he's not tapping Morgan up!
Was going to say, is that a just followed or presume they would have spent time together in England junior teams.

MGW has done more than enough from end of last season to deserve a run in first team.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're mates so wouldn't read too much into it.

Would be classic if we were to get rid of Morgan when he's just had his first season playing regularly and finally looks ready to be given a proper chance and run in the side, while at the same time selling our best centre midfielder. Classic.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're mates so wouldn't read too much into it.

Would be classic if we were to get rid of Morgan when he's just had his first season playing regularly and finally looks ready to be given a proper chance and run in the side, while at the same time selling our best centre midfielder. Classic.

Bruno said he wants him in our squad next season.

Only reasons he could go now is 1) we get a new manager that doesn't fancy him, or 2) he pushes for a move

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been offered a new contract according to Spiers. Having only just given him one in August. Seems we are trying to show him he's a big part of our plans.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been offered a new contract according to Spiers. Having only just given him one in August. Seems we are trying to show him he's a big part of our plans.

The right decision really feel him in a number 10 role going forward will certainly improve our creativity/attacking play especially if we go with a back four next season...

Back
Top Bottom