Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be a massive ****up by our managerial and backroom staff to let this bloke go and become a star somewhere else.
But for so many years he has been ignored by these guys , and I have seen nothing in a Wolves shirt that would make me want to keep him.
He and his treatment by Wolves is an enigma to me.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if we're going to start listing players we'd rather in the team than Hwang, this thread will reach Talisca proportions by the weekend.
I don't think Hwang is all that bad. Not good enough for where we want to be, nowhere near, but not a terrible player. The folks round me seem to ignore anything decent he does and focus on everything ****. He's no worse than Trincao.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like I've said before, the Blades fans love him to bits, no wonder he's happy there. One of their posts there was: 'MGW is one of the best players I’ve ever seen in my 40 years as a Blade'. That echoes what I hear all the time here in Sheffield. Kid needs a chance and he also needs our patience when his flicks don't pay off tp begin with.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Hwang is all that bad. Not good enough for where we want to be, nowhere near, but not a terrible player. The folks round me seem to ignore anything decent he does and focus on everything ****. He's no worse than Trincao.
They're both crap. Not good enough....... Simple as that

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you made a list of all the qualities we'd want in an ideal new, young creative forward signing, he would tick just about every box, and we would be looking at paying £25m+ to secure such a player.

Regardless of whatever he felt last summer, or even in January, unless he has burned every single bridge with the club (and a few voodoo dolls in Wolves shirts into the bargain) we should be moving heaven and earth to make him feel wanted and encourage him to give it another shot here.. Lucrative new contract, put him at the heart of the next stage of the project alongside Neto, Chiquinho, Ait-Nouri and Kilman.

He's creative, he's confident. he knows where the goal is, he's matured and improved massively and has further potential, and he's exactly the right age.

If we sell him this summer, and there was a chance of keeping him but we didn't do everything we could to convince him, then the current regime is seriously flawed.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've got a feeling he wouldn't want to return. And couldn't really blame him as he's been treated rather poorly by Wolves.
how has he been treated 'rather poorly by Wolves'?

We sorted him out with what has been the perfect loan for him to improve his game and show what he is capable of. He owes us, we don't owe him.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how has he been treated 'rather poorly by Wolves'?

We sorted him out with what has been the perfect loan for him to improve his game and show what he is capable of. He owes us, we don't owe him.

Yeah I don’t get that statement either.

He’s had many many chances, been around the first team since Paul Lambert was manager, had an amazing first prem start, and hasn’t done much other than that game?

Lots of other players get criticism much earlier

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved the comments. Well played Morgan and welcome back. Let’s embrace him - like a new signing!

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jason Koumas was superb in the Championship, wasn't any good lower prem as he needed to be in dominating sides.

I get very much the same impression with Morgan.

We can't afford his tricks and flicks that don't come off.

Even Sheffield fans (some of them) admit to being frustrated with them at first.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t get that statement either.

He’s had many many chances, been around the first team since Paul Lambert was manager, had an amazing first prem start, and hasn’t done much other than that game?

Lots of other players get criticism much earlier
What do you like about Wolves Mannic88? Honest question, I imagine you're not just a contrarian, but I'm interested in hearing what you do like. If it's nothing about the current set up (Chinese investment ****ers, I'm with you there) or the squad (it's weak in several important areas; we seem incapable of identifying the right areas for development) then where are we decent? Again, if the answer's nowhere that's fine, but I'm genuinely curious...

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to happen so often that a club's best player misses a decisive penalty, he's done himself proud this season though and hopefully we'll be seeing him in the PL with us next year

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you like about Wolves Mannic88? Honest question, I imagine you're not just a contrarian, but I'm interested in hearing what you do like. If it's nothing about the current set up (Chinese investment ****ers, I'm with you there) or the squad (it's weak in several important areas; we seem incapable of identifying the right areas for development) then where are we decent? Again, if the answer's nowhere that's fine, but I'm genuinely curious...
Bloody hell god help us if we had two of them!!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Jason Koumas was superb in the Championship, wasn't any good lower prem as he needed to be in dominating sides.

Even Sheffield fans (some of them) admit to being frustrated with them at first.
We absolutely need tricks and flicks, the safe and slow passing is a big part of the problem. People say the same about Podence but I think we have 2 open play goals since he has been out?

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We absolutely need tricks and flicks, the safe and slow passing is a big part of the problem. People say the same about Podence but I think we have 2 open play goals since he has been out?
That's the conundrum for a manager to decide upon...it's going to be interesting. If MGW plays loose passes we lose possession, and possession in the middle of the field is crucial when teams like City and Liverpool are aiming for 75% a match and can hit you from any direction in the blink of an eye.

How many goals would MGW create and how many might he cause us to concede? If he loses possession a lot, does he need a minder shadowing him to win the ball back quickly....and then is he really good enough to get that treatment? Is he as good as Tielemans at Leicester for instance?
I guess if they thought he would create more goals than he would concede he'd be in the team....but you know, the Chelsea game and what else can you remember?
Either way, he's been impressive getting into the penalty box this season for Sheff U, far more than he's been able to do here.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he doesn't want to come back I hope people don't use it as a stick to beat the club with. I get the feeling he doesn't want to be here tbh.

That is all very well u til you start to see a theme with this sort of thing. Vitinha, Mir, Goncalves to mention three that didn't want to be here. At some point you have to ask why arguably the three most successful youngsters we have had, possibly four if MGW goes that don't want to be here.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is all very well u til you start to see a theme with this sort of thing. Vitinha, Mir, Goncalves to mention three that didn't want to be here. At some point you have to ask why arguably the three most successful youngsters we have had, possibly four if MGW goes that don't want to be here.

Its not really the same. We made the choice not to sign Vitinha. Mir we tried to keep but he wanted to go back to Spain and despite our best efforts Gonclaves was just homesick as well.

As i have said before regarding MGW, even the players have referred to him as being a bit of a diva while acknowledging him as supremely talented. My impression is ( and i could be wrong about it ) he expects a place rather than wants to earn a place, which is a big reason i believe why he chose not to come back in January when lets face it, he would have had an excellent chance of getting into this side with Adama gone, Neto not fully fit and Hwang and Trincao not exactly pulling up trees. I get why he didnt after last season, but at the same time, if he backed himself i think he would have reaped the rewards.

I'd actually be a bit off him if, after we found him a good loan move to develop him, he just decided to walk out on us. We have kept in contact with him and let him know he is wanted here going forward. Hes got the chance now to prove himself here. He's said in the past about he wants to stay here and how its been his dream to play for this club. Time for him to back it up and prove it.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First I've heard that Vitinha 'didn't want to be here'. I understood that we'd not taken-up the option to sign him as he wasn't deemed good enough. Where do you get that information or are you lumping him into a group to fit your narrative? Why do you think MGW 'doesn't want to be here'? Has something been said or reported?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I trust anyone thinking we’ll get £30m for him has never criticised the fee for Fabio!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I trust anyone thinking we’ll get £30m for him has never criticised the fee for Fabio!
Better than Fabio (& Hwang and Trincao and Podence imho) albeit in a different position, and I would rather we had sent Fabio on loan & kept MGW, except we had no other CF.

Last edited:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eze cost £17m and Olise had a release clause of about £8m. Not a chance we could sell him for £30m even with English tax!

You have to discount the release clause then because it just makes any real value irrelevant. Eze was a good buy, but he was coming from a championship club that needed the money. We are a premier league club who don't. Whether we dig our heels in and hold out for a good fee for an under contract player is another matter, but when i look at the market for this season and see Buendia moving for 30 million plus on the back of a good championship season i think 30 million isnt out of the question for MGW. As i said, its all about the position of the selling club really.

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score

Yet we readily praise Podence. Who doesn't challenge for headers and has a poor work rate.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to love the narratives on this forum

MGW simply wanted regular first team football. He comes back a much improved, more experienced player

He'd give his hind teeth to be in our regular starting XI next year

That remains to be seen if he would. I hope he does.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Got to love the narratives on this forum

MGW simply wanted regular first team football. He comes back a much improved, more experienced player

He'd give his hind teeth to be in our regular starting XI next year
I'd like to think that's true but I'm not sure it is. I think there's been a perceived gradual breakdown in the relationship between him and the club / fans and he might want to go. Fans were very critical of his performances a few seasons ago, you only have to look at some of the abuse he got here for missing that gilt edged chance against Brighton last season (before scoring the winner a few minutes later). Then there was the whole lockdown shenanigans when him and his partner got lots of abuse online from Wolves fans. He was also very unhappy about his lack of first team opportunities and expressed his frustration on social media and made quite a few cryptic comments.

He wasn't keen to come back here in January despite Lage giving him the option, probably because he wanted to play more. I might be wrong but I don't think he wants to be here anymore. Personally, I hope he stays because it seems like he's exactly what we need at the moment.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Theres many things to beat the club with at the moment but this isnt one of them.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yet we readily praise Podence. Who doesn't challenge for headers and has a poor work rate.

But in an attacking sense he's contributed far more, in fact this season our most effective player. MGW has never been that.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did sign a contract extension before leaving for Sheffield United, so I don’t think he’s desperate to get out by any means.

I think if Sheff Utd had come up he possibly would’ve wanted a move there as he’s the main man, but now I think as long as he’s given assurances from Bruno that he’ll be a first team player next season he’ll be more than happy to play here and prove the doubters wrong.

Bruno has said Morgan knows the plan for him next season, hopefully that plan is for him to play a key role for us because I think he’s going to be a top player.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm glad Sheff Utd won't be promoted as it definitely reduces the chance of them signing him this summer. Bring him back and integrate him into our squad.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Seen quite a few games this season with MGW. This loan spell has definitely had a positive impact on his game. Full of energy, physicality and gets into the box.

I for one would like him to be included in the first team next season. His attitude and desire to win would put some of our players to shame this season.

It would be just like us to sell him to another club and he kicks on like Jarod Bowen.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some wonderful comments about him. Well done Morgan!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is probably only Podence and Neto in our squad with his attacking flair. I don’t think anyone in our squad has anywhere near his levels of energy and work rate. He will be a massive addition to the team for us.

4231 with Podence and Neto either side of him behind Raul, lovely stuff.

Back
Top Bottom