Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He goes to Palace and is amazing whilst we struggle to get a shot on goal in games. It wouldn't surprise me.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather see him back here, but he might want to leave so we might not have a choice.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20 million profit (good.for.ffp) and a sell on clause for an unproven player with two years left on his contract.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now that is a highlights reel. As others have said, imagine if we'd heard we were signing him. Wow.

Exactly this, if he came though the Shef United academy, had hype in the prem as a teen, won the world cup and then burst into the scene this year. We'd all be hoping to get him in this summer.

Be silly to sell him

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Needs to be given the licence to create in a 4-2-3-1 in my opinion.

Sure some my get annoyed at the flicks/tricks but the talent is there.

As many have said before if we were linked to him we would be frothing at the mouth. If Lage can’t fit him in or whoever the next manager maybe

Sell him before he depreciates into value sitting on a bench

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell the new project to him. Whatever that is and as Josh says above, fit him in a new formation as a no10, his best position. Positive on the front foot player. Just the sort of players we are badly lacking at present and we would be delighted if he wasn't our player and we were being linked with him.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW would habe a fantastic world class mentor at Palace who would understand and develop him into a top midfielder. I know where I'd go if I was him at this stage of his career. Bright lights of London as a well established PL club who don't need a complete rebuild this close season.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW would habe a fantastic world class mentor at Palace who would understand and develop him into a top midfielder. I know where I'd go if I was him at this stage of his career. Bright lights of London as a well established PL club who don't need a complete rebuild this close season.
As he is contracted to Wolves how on earth can he negotiate.with Palace unless we have given him consent. Am I missing something.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As he is contracted to Wolves how on earth can he negotiate.with Palace unless we have given him consent. Am I missing something.
No.

It's only a rumour. If true, however, it does suggest MGW has been given permission to talk with Palace.

Can't see it myself, though - Lage apparently wanted him to stay in January, though it must be said we are seemingly signing an attacking midfielder in Pedrinho, who plays in similar positions to MGW.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace recruit absolutely brilliantly from the Championship, should tell a story.

They've finished behind us for 4 seasons in a row (though they might overtake us on goal difference if they win their last 2 games). It's not like they've left us trailing in the dust these past few seasons. Would rather look to someone like West Ham as an example.

Ignoring the Big 6 as they are already in a different league, which other club could we get inspiration from? Leicester were often mentioned, however they've spent loads and had an even worse season than us. Everton? Newcastle? Villa? :D Most of the league would be envying our recruitment, which has taken us from a mediocre Championship club to consistently finishing higher than several established Premier League clubs.

Of course, that is the past nothing is guaranteed going forward and it's unclear whether the owners interest is as it was 3 or 4 years ago.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably something to do with how a lot of Wolves supporters blow hot and cold.

Initially, when he first came into the team, Gibbs-White was a local hero, then he was a scapegoat, then he got a (relatively) high-profile, outspoken girlfriend and he was the devil incarnate.

It's not just Gibbs-White. Fabio Silva is flavour of the month at the moment, partly because he's finally knuckled down and started to put a shift in. Initially he was derided. How long before that all changes again?

Chiquinho too. Can do no wrong at the moment, but how long before he starts to get criticised based on his output or some other completely random thing?!
Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Those clips of his season look great. I know its championship but the fact remains

He has the same amount of goal involvements as

Raul+Fabio+Tricao+Hwang+Chinqao combined

His decision making around the box looks superb, great little passes to tee team mates up and great finishing, at 22 we'd be mad not to get him back. **** Sheffield U and **** palace, he's one of our own

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell the new project to him. Whatever that is and as Josh says above, fit him in a new formation as a no10, his best position. Positive on the front foot player. Just the sort of players we are badly lacking at present and we would be delighted if he wasn't our player and we were being linked with him.
I would imagine that Raul/ Silva would enjoy playing alongside him, too.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

They've finished behind us for 4 seasons in a row (though they might overtake us on goal difference if they win their last 2 games). It's not like they've left us trailing in the dust these past few seasons. Would rather look to someone like West Ham as an example.

Ignoring the Big 6 as they are already in a different league, which other club could we get inspiration from? Leicester were often mentioned, however they've spent loads and had an even worse season than us. Everton? Newcastle? Villa? :D Most of the league would be envying our recruitment, which has taken us from a mediocre Championship club to consistently finishing higher than several established Premier League clubs.

Of course, that is the past nothing is guaranteed going forward and it's unclear whether the owners interest is as it was 3 or 4 years ago.
What relevance does that have to Palace recruiting well from the Championship ? They spend a lot less money on transfers than us.

Meandering :)nonsense:) as :) per:).

Attachments

• FS56CVCWQAEPbwB.png
    FS56CVCWQAEPbwB.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 31

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What relevance does that have to Palace recruiting well from the Championship ? They spend a lot less money on transfers than us.

Meandering :)nonsense:) as :) per:).

Starting from a squad with a much higher value than ours though? Doesn't matter where you recruit from - most clubs new to this league are dumped out of it within a season or two, wherever they recruit from. Recruit too many from the Championship, guess where you end up?

I'n not disagreeing that Palace recruit well from the Championship. As an observation, fine, but what relevance does it have to us? Our owners clearly have little interest in it. The lower half of the Portugese league (and probably Porto/Benfica/Sporting B teams) is Championship level. Chiquinho from Estoril, not much different to signing a player from Forest or Blackburn, though a lot cheaper. Where are the Championship players of the level of Moutinho and Sa for under £10M each?

BTW Which players were you thinking of? Other than Olise, I can't think of any. Palace seem particularly good at raiding Chelseas surplus young players (Guehe, Gallagher)

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes ... someone about a page half mentioned that with Gallagher going back to Chelsea, MGW is someone they might look at.

Only takes one person to even mention something radom on here and people grab hold of it as though its gospel.

Unbelievable

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now that is a highlights reel. As others have said, imagine if we'd heard we were signing him. Wow.
Absolutely. Let's hope he is given a chance and can step up. He certainly looks more if a goal threat than the club footed Stevie Wonders currently playing.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Starting from a squad with a much higher value than ours though? Doesn't matter where you recruit from - most clubs new to this league are dumped out of it within a season or two, wherever they recruit from. Recruit too many from the Championship, guess where you end up?

I'n not disagreeing that Palace recruit well from the Championship. As an observation, fine, but what relevance does it have to us? Our owners clearly have little interest in it. The lower half of the Portugese league (and probably Porto/Benfica/Sporting B teams) is Championship level. Chiquinho from Estoril, not much different to signing a player from Forest or Blackburn, though a lot cheaper. Where are the Championship players of the level of Moutinho and Sa for under £10M each?

BTW Which players were you thinking of? Other than Olise, I can't think of any. Palace seem particularly good at raiding Chelseas surplus young players (Guehe, Gallagher)
Guehi never played in the Prem, Eze is fantastic and so is Olise.

They all hugely improve our team, Eze and Olise cost less than £25M. That is less than Podence and Cutrone combined. Guehi cost £18M, we haven't signed a CB since we got promoted.
No their squad wasn't a much higher value, else it would still be a much higher value after they spend money.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guehi never played in the Prem, Eze is fantastic and so is Olise.

They all hugely improve our team, Eze and Olise cost less than £25M. That is less than Podence and Cutrone combined. Guehi cost £18M, we haven't signed a CB since we got promoted.
No their squad wasn't a much higher value, else it would still be a much higher value after they spend money.

Agree, all those improve us. And Eze (forgot about him as he has been injured for ages) and Olise weren't exactly unknowns either, sure they got mentioned here as players we should be in for. I remember Eze being QPR stand out player when they played us last in the Champs. And he must only have been 17/18 then.

I just don't think whoever does our dealings is interested in the Championship. Have we even bought a player from there since promotion? And the only player I recall us even linked with was Keiffer Moore.

Though I find it hard to believe that on the day Nuno joined us, when we had the likes of Ben Marshall and George Saville, that Palaces squad at that point (after several Premier League seasons) would't have both cost more and be worth more than ours. We've had to spend a load more to overtake them, which we did in one year.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is two ways of looking at it and neither is worth getting upset about

1. Morgan returns to fight for a place in the team and we have a good young english attacking midfielder in the squad.

2. We sell him and get somewhere between 20-25mil for him in a summer when players like Soler & Aouar are going for 15mil, where experienced players like Isco & Eriksen are available free agents and the likely signing of Pedrinho as well means Morgan being sold could effectively raise the funds alone to sign two excellent options in his position.

Either way the club can use it to its advantage

Newportwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Not sure if it has already been asked but if/ when Sheffield Utd lose tonight is MGW allowed to come and play for us on Sunday?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched him 5 or 6 times for them this season and so far, this has been his worst performance by a mile. The game does seem really fragmented and stop-start, though. Presumably that's how Forest want it.

Back
Top Bottom