Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Funny how the longer he is away the better he seems to get.

Get him back, makes sense I agree, but we have far bigger issues to solve this summer than running begging to MGW.
Well yeah the better he seems to get because he is improving and performing at a level of players who have made step up successfully to them Prem from the Champ

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bringing him back will surely just get in the way of Hwangs development lol?

Seems pretty 50/50 whether we see him back here. Guess it depends on whether Sheff Utd get promoted and/or what type of offers we get, as well as what assurances we are able to give him about playing time?

Would love to see him back and here and carrying on the form he has shown at Utd, but I’m starting to have some doubts.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he doesnt want to commit then sell him. Every player at the club needs to be prepared to want to be here and work hard to earn their spots.

People will scoff at it, but i wouldnt sell him for less than 25-30 million. A young, English promising player, thats about what they go for.

T

TheConcourse

We shouldn’t need to convince someone whose had a good season at a crap level comparatively speaking.

If he wants to stay at Sheff United - stay.

If he wants to come back to his boyhood club - come.

It’s literally that simple for me. We’re teetering on the edge of player power this season. The last thing we need to add is an overinflated, untested ego.

For what it’s worth I think he could add something, but is it the second coming of the messiah? Absolutely not. Is he better than a fully fit Podence? Probably not.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like him. He is part of our future in my opinion. Not pining all our hopes on him either. Just think he is a very talented player who will have a good premier league career and hopefully with us.
He can I'm sure help and be an option but you implied introducing him into the starting line up to solve our midfield issues, he's the right type of player yes but its a big ask to expect him to transform us to where we wnat to be (6th ish) imo.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sound bites from MGW sound like he wants to stay at Sheffield sadly, I think if he had stayed with us this season he would have been involved more than maybe he thought he would, he couldn't be any worse then Trincao or Hwang have been at times, I hope he stays especially as we need some homegrown players in the squad

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would read too much into his comments to the local press up there. These things can often be taken slightly out of context and he probably thinks he is talking to Sheffield fans.
Hardly gonna say he can’t wait for season to end so he can get back to wolves! He’ll wanna keep his options open.

It’s also wise to big up how great and happy it is there as they go into a couple of massive games.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a purely footballing point of view it’s a no brainier to bring him back (if he wants that) and see what he can do next season.

It’s not quite so straightforward as that though for the club. His stock is high at the moment, this could be the perfect time to integrate him and watch him kick on, but if he doesn’t it could diminish and we’ll erode the value of possibly our 3rd or 4th most saleable player. On the other hand we could take £20m and watch him rip it up in the PL elsewhere.

I think ultimately it’s down to him and where he wants to be, if he doesn’t want to come back the club should sell him, if he does then I’d love to see him make the step up for us in a similar way to the like of Maddison, Mount and Barnes have previously.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a purely footballing point of view it’s a no brainier to bring him back (if he wants that) and see what he can do next season.

It’s not quite so straightforward as that though for the club. His stock is high at the moment, this could be the perfect time to integrate him and watch him kick on, but if he doesn’t it could diminish and we’ll erode the value of possibly our 3rd or 4th most saleable player. On the other hand we could take £20m and watch him rip it up in the PL elsewhere.

I think ultimately it’s down to him and where he wants to be, if he doesn’t want to come back the club should sell him, if he does then I’d love to see him make the step up for us in a similar way to the like of Maddison, Mount and Barnes have previously.
Agree.
Ultimately it will all be the managers call, does he see him as a member of the first team? If not then a) mgw will possibly want to leave and b) club will want to cash in if offer is good.
We won’t turn down £20M+ for a player to be on the bench.

Similar applies to signing Trincao I think.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Agree.
Ultimately it will all be the managers call, does he see him as a member of the first team? If not then a) mgw will possibly want to leave and b) club will want to cash in if offer is good.
We won’t turn down £20M+ for a player to be on the bench.

Similar applies to signing Trincao I think.
If we sell MGW for a similar fee we sign Trincao for I'd explode in rage

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we do buy him, Trincao’s “fee” will likely be dictated by Traore’s assuming it is some kind of swap.

I wouldn’t be surprised if both are £25m plus because that’s beneficial to Barca with current FFP rules.

That clearly wouldn’t value Trincao at £25m though as neither are worth that right now.

We shouldn’t be paying, real terms, more for Trincao that we’d get for MGW though, I’d agree with that.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think you’re pretty safe there.

£25m for MGW and a lot of things will probably be exploding, most likely the rate of inflation

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we do buy him, Trincao’s “fee” will likely be dictated by Traore’s assuming it is some kind of swap.

I wouldn’t be surprised if both are £25m plus because that’s beneficial to Barca with current FFP rules.

That clearly wouldn’t value Trincao at £25m though as neither are worth that right now.

We shouldn’t be paying, real terms, more for Trincao that we’d get for MGW though, I’d agree with that.
Beneficial for us too. We each give them 5 year contracts so only 5 million paid as far as ffp is concerned, 25 million in. If we both then sell them on ££££

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sound bites from MGW sound like he wants to stay at Sheffield sadly, I think if he had stayed with us this season he would have been involved more than maybe he thought he would, he couldn't be any worse then Trincao or Hwang have been at times
I would actually disagree with you. The inconsistent manner in which Fabio was dealt with suggests that MGW might well have been treated in a similar manner. While I don't want to be a boo boy, the faith that the current manager has shown in Hwang suggests that regardless of form, he would have got the nod on each and every occasion.

We’re teetering on the edge of player power this season.

We’re teetering on the edge of player power this season.
Seems to have been something of a tech failure on my part. Surely releasing MGW if he wants to go is in fact surrendering to player power. If the lad is contractually committed to us and has a lot to offer, he should play for us, note how Spurs countered Harry Kane this season. The problem is that the current manager doesn't really seem to recognise talent and is happier to see a less talented player (to date) get his place before MGW.

T

TheConcourse

I would actually disagree with you. The inconsistent manner in which Fabio was dealt with suggests that MGW might well have been treated in a similar manner. While I don't want to be a boo boy, the faith that the current manager has shown in Hwang suggests that regardless of form, he would have got the nod on each and every occasion.

Seems to have been something of a tech failure on my part. Surely releasing MGW if he wants to go is in fact surrendering to player power. If the lad is contractually committed to us and has a lot to offer, he should play for us, note how Spurs countered Harry Kane this season. The problem is that the current manager doesn't really seem to recognise talent and is happier to see a less talented player (to date) get his place before MGW.
Spurs is a different situation. If that had been Doherty, Hojberg, Dier etc then they would have been gone - see Alli.

Kane is one of the best strikers in the world and their prized asset. MGW is totally unproven at this level and has already proven to have sketchy personality traits.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he didn’t want to come back and we had to sell him.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read a report that he was in negotiations to sign for Palace. If correct he would surely need our consent.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m sure he’s got at least a couple of years on his contract with us so beyond sounding by agents we make the decisions surely..

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read a report that he was in negotiations to sign for Palace. If correct he would surely need our consent.

Now that would be hugely annoying if correct. Palace would be adding yet another front foot, skill full attacking player to their plethora of options.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Fulham, Leeds, Palace, S'ton all supposedly interested. Regardless if this is just paper talk, he obvs going to have a fair few suitors.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would bug me a lot if we sold him. We're always annoyed that we don't ever seem to be in the market for the top players from the championship, who then sign for rival teams and do well.

We now have one of the best players in the championship under contract I would be very frustrated if we sold him unless it was obvious he didn't want to stay and we got absolute top dollar.

I'd want a sell-on as well to be honest.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, if Morgan can get Utd to actually win in the playoffs, that's a real achievement.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
15 to go, 2 down at home - odds are Utd remain in the Championship. If so, MGW must surely either rejoin us or be sold to a rival PL club?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
15 to go, 2 down at home - odds are Utd remain in the Championship. If so, MGW must surely either rejoin us or be sold to a rival PL club?
He’s too good for the Championship, think that’s pretty clear. He either comes back to Wolves, knuckles down and gets a place in our team, or we sell him but after the season he’s had we should want £20m minimum.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adding some creativity down the centre is one of our biggest issues and that's where MGW excels.

But that's what 3-4-3 is all about. Two defensive 6s in the middle and your attacking threat comes down the sides with either the wing backs or the wide attackers. If we're gonna keep playing 3-4-3 next season there is absolutely no point in keeping hold of MGW, there's just no place for him in that team just like that wasn't for Vitinha last year. MGW can't play as one of the 6's and he isn't a wide attacker. He'll fail to impress and end up stuck on the bench again.

If we were to switch to a 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 type formation or similar then there would absolutely be a place for him but that means changing a lot of players in this team in the summer first.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watched the game with Forest, was not overly impressed by the game; a few individuals stood out, but MGW not among them.
If Forest scratch their way out of the Champ league this year expect them straight back for season 92/3, same goes for Sheff Utd.
Very, very ordinary, both sides.

Back
Top Bottom