Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Obviously a good player with talent and has seemed to knuckled down and I hope he gets another chance to prove me wrong but can't help laughing at him being compared to joao Felix!!!!! That's made my day

Wolf in Wednesbury

Reaction score
I just think given the chance and Blades come up … he’ll go there.

Seems to have more of an affinity to them rather than us.

Might just be because he’s playing for them right now so considers himself a Blades player but he retweets anything Blades puts about him … but when Wolves put something out recently (year to the day of his goal for us in Premier) … no retweet.

Maybe I’m reading too much into it but I think he’ll jump at the chance of a permanent move.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few fans got ****ed off that he broke covid rules, apart from that I don't see this bad relationship?

Hard to have any “relationship” with a player not good enough to play.

Think a few look at his Chelsea game and conclude that if he’s capable of that but not producing it regularly then he has issues

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just think given the chance and Blades come up … he’ll go there.

Seems to have more of an affinity to them rather than us.

Might just be because he’s playing for them right now so considers himself a Blades player but he retweets anything Blades puts about him … but when Wolves put something out recently (year to the day of his goal for us in Premier) … no retweet.

Maybe I’m reading too much into it but I think he’ll jump at the chance of a permanent move.

He isn't the first promising youngster to do that here. I don't think we have a good record of bringing through young players that aren't already match ready when we get them to be honest.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it will depend what conversation Bruno has with him. Bruno seems pretty matter of fact if not stand offish and MGW will be looking for the hope of a decent chance, and he can’t be blamed for that. It might also be influenced by agent talk of bids/value. Also I can’t help but recall crowd attitude to Keith Andrews who carved a decent career after Wolves before going stripey..

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it will depend what conversation Bruno has with him. Bruno seems pretty matter of fact if not stand offish and MGW will be looking for the hope of a decent chance, and he can’t be blamed for that. It might also be influenced by agent talk of bids/value. Also I can’t help but recall crowd attitude to Keith Andrews who carved a decent career after Wolves before going stripey..
I just remember Andrews as being not particularly good. I think he did end up with a bit part role for Blackburn in the Premier League for a while, but he didn't exactly set the world alight anywhere.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just remember Andrews as being not particularly good. I think he did end up with a bit part role for Blackburn in the Premier League for a while, but he didn't exactly set the world alight anywhere.
Wouldn’t argue but at a time our choices were reducing he made a decent career winning some international caps having been booed out of Molineux. We really need to avoid that with MGW imo..

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t argue but at a time our choices were reducing he made a decent career winning some international caps having been booed out of Molineux.
He in fact turned down the offer of a further contract at Wolves to move to Hull City, it wasn't until he teamed up with Paul Ince again at MK Dons that he turned his career around and moved with Ince to Blackburn. Seemed to be about to establish himself for us in the first team when he suffered a bad injury in a cup game against Newcastle United. He was out for some time after that and on his return whether because it was too soon and he wasn't fully fit or because he had lost confidence received particularly harsh treatment from the fans.

I don't believe you are comparing like with like though. MGW for what I consider the foolishness of some fans has never received the abuse/hostility I felt was aimed at Keith Andrews. MGW is also a far more gifted player and has a long career ahead of him in the Premiership. If Bruno is incapable of seeing that it is him who should be moved on, not MGW.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be surprised if MGW stays here. Obviously after the season he has had he will have options, especially if Sheffield United get promoted.

I think we have players lined up this summer. We keep hearing about Guedes, and Pedrinho is highly likely to arrive in the summer. I think MGW will look at that and ask if he is going to be in Bruno's plans. He is going to want to play every week. He will know he will get that if United get promoted, and if he is purchased by someone like Fulham then he is also likely to be part of the managers plans.

If 'game time' his he priority staying he has to be his least best option, even if Bruno gives him reassurance he will be integrated into the squad. Yes, with five subs he will get some minutes but I don't think he is going to be the main man here, and that is probably want he wants most.

I think if United get promoted they will offer £20m plus and we would take the money and reinvest it.

I am not saying its the right thing to do, but personally I think this is the most likely if United succeed in the play-offs.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He in fact turned down the offer of a further contract at Wolves to move to Hull City, it wasn't until he teamed up with Paul Ince again at MK Dons that he turned his career around and moved with Ince to Blackburn. Seemed to be about to establish himself for us in the first team when he suffered a bad injury in a cup game against Newcastle United. He was out for some time after that and on his return whether because it was too soon and he wasn't fully fit or because he had lost confidence received particularly harsh treatment from the fans.

I don't believe you are comparing like with like though. MGW for what I consider the foolishness of some fans has never received the abuse/hostility I felt was aimed at Keith Andrews. MGW is also a far more gifted player and has a long career ahead of him in the Premiership. If Bruno is incapable of seeing that it is him who should be moved on, not MGW.
Wolves in Limerick, here's one for you -

Our player named Morgan Gibbs-White,

at Sheffield did really alright.

He scored goals for fun,

he's the Blades' Chosen One,

yet some Mixers still think he is sh*te.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be surprised if MGW stays here. Obviously after the season he has had he will have options, especially if Sheffield United get promoted.

I think we have players lined up this summer. We keep hearing about Guedes, and Pedrinho is highly likely to arrive in the summer. I think MGW will look at that and ask if he is going to be in Bruno's plans. He is going to want to play every week. He will know he will get that if United get promoted, and if he is purchased by someone like Fulham then he is also likely to be part of the managers plans.

If 'game time' his he priority staying he has to be his least best option, even if Bruno gives him reassurance he will be integrated into the squad. Yes, with five subs he will get some minutes but I don't think he is going to be the main man here, and that is probably want he wants most.

I think if United get promoted they will offer £20m plus and we would take the money and reinvest it.

I am not saying its the right thing to do, but personally I think this is the most likely if United succeed in the play-offs.
Makes a lot of sense. MGW was probably our best player pre-season but could barely get a kick once the season started. He's not going to be too keen to return to being a bit part player particularly when he can be a first XI player elsewhere. And he is clearly enjoying his football now as well.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could easily be a difficult decision, ie

Bit-part PL player
or
Fist XI Championship player?

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I agree with virtually everything you say and thanks for filling in the gaps. I was striving for brevity and while not receiving abuse, he’s been utterly dismissed as a PL player by people here, on Twitter and various FB groups. Following a full season gaining experience in various tactical variations I think it’s mad to write him off before he’s been properly assessed. UTW

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got a feeling he'll push for a permanent move away in the summer whether sheff u get promoted or not.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have you heard he will push for a move or just feeling?

Hope we have him in our XI and give him a real run, really do think he is capable of becoming a very good PL player.
Just a gut feeling with how things have panned out.

I think going to Sheffield and thriving he might have seen what a fresh start can do. He risks coming back here, having a couple of bad games and being back to square one. I really hope he comes back and hits the ground running.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is just the sort of player we lack and need back here along with new signings to make us a much more positive and on the front foot side.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s been posted above, or I’ve seen it posted elsewhere, but if he was currently a Sheff United player, and not on loan from us, we’d be clamoring at the prospect of signing him.

I do share the fears expressed by others though that he’ll push for a move elsewhere.

We need to give him a shot in the team, he wasn’t quite of the required standard previously, but his form this season would suggest he’s improved.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to make him feel wanted and he needs to be told he will be a key cog in a new Wolves team next season. Up to our management to sort this.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan after being awarded Sheffield United's Player of the Season.....

"Special feeling. I wouldn’t have got it without my teammates. Just happy I’ve done it for Sheffield United."

Hopefully one day he will be happy to do it for us.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just don't see how he stays. MGW has always looked more content and happier on his loan spells (even when he was only at Swansea for a couple of months).

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don't see how he stays. MGW has always looked more content and happier on his loan spells (even when he was only at Swansea for a couple of months).

It's probably something to do with how a lot of Wolves supporters blow hot and cold.

Initially, when he first came into the team, Gibbs-White was a local hero, then he was a scapegoat, then he got a (relatively) high-profile, outspoken girlfriend and he was the devil incarnate.

It's not just Gibbs-White. Fabio Silva is flavour of the month at the moment, partly because he's finally knuckled down and started to put a shift in. Initially he was derided. How long before that all changes again?

Chiquinho too. Can do no wrong at the moment, but how long before he starts to get criticised based on his output or some other completely random thing?!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably something to do with how a lot of Wolves supporters blow hot and cold.

Initially, when he first came into the team, Gibbs-White was a local hero, then he was a scapegoat, then he got a (relatively) high-profile, outspoken girlfriend and he was the devil incarnate.

It's not just Gibbs-White. Fabio Silva is flavour of the month at the moment, partly because he's finally knuckled down and started to put a shift in. Initially he was derided. How long before that all changes again?

Chiquinho too. Can do no wrong at the moment, but how long before he starts to get criticised based on his output or some other completely random thing?!

Happens a lot at most other clubs to be fair though. Was looking at the Vile forum and they were tearing Mings and Konsa to bits on there. Same with other teams. All supporters are similar in that respect. I am sure Sheff Utd fans will have scapegoats in their squad as well.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Happens a lot at most other clubs to be fair though. Was looking at the Vile forum and they were tearing Mings and Konsa to bits on there. Same with other teams. All supporters are similar in that respect. I am sure Sheff Utd fans will have scapegoats in their squad as well.
Spot on, although the line between scapegoat and actually the worst players in squad is often blurred.

McGinn is a hate figure amongst many Villa fans

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s been posted above, or I’ve seen it posted elsewhere, but if he was currently a Sheff United player, and not on loan from us, we’d be clamoring at the prospect of signing him.

I do share the fears expressed by others though that he’ll push for a move elsewhere.

We need to give him a shot in the team, he wasn’t quite of the required standard previously, but his form this season would suggest he’s improved.
It's sad to think that he may push for a move away to a champ team over a PL side. If that happens it doesnt bode well for attracting other players in the window if we cant attract our own.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me it all depends if Sheffield win the pos. If they do I think he'll want to stay with them, if they don't he'll come back to us. He can't afford to waste away another year in the Champs when he could be pushing us forward in the Prem.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having watched City last night with attackers running between the lines, and us with the polar opposite, I think we simply MUST give MGW a chance next season.

I’m not saying he’ll be the answer to all our prayers, but he’s surely worth a shot now.
Him back played in position, a quality box-to-box midfielder and a striker and we're back in business in my opinion.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True. But I think through the years we've been a bit more vocal at games when raw players are finding their feet.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to make him feel wanted and he needs to be told he will be a key cog in a new Wolves team next season. Up to our management to sort this.
We dont even know if he can make the step up and your pining all our hopes on him being what we need!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think our fans are that different to a lot of other clubs fans to be fair. Happens at a lot of other clubs.
Wolves fans are weird beasts!

I was at the 0-6 v Southampton years ago and it was one of my favourite football memories. I was so proud and I genuinely think no other club would have ever had that atmosphere.

But we also have a propensity to turn on the lads at times

As for online scapegoating, every club has them!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We dont even know if he can make the step up and your pining all our hopes on him being what we need!
I like him. He is part of our future in my opinion. Not pining all our hopes on him either. Just think he is a very talented player who will have a good premier league career and hopefully with us.

Back
Top Bottom