Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could play a 4-4-2 diamond.

Neves at the base, Vitinha and Otasowie either side, MGW in the 10.

Silva and Traore up top.

It puts all of them other than Traore in probably their best positions currently.
When Raul's back Traore will be in his best position - on the bench!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well last night too late to make an impact really should been bought on around 60 mins ?

Let’s see more of the same Morgan we know your capability of playing amazing

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we made a big mistake recalling him from his loan. He needs to play every week in his actual position. He was doing well at Swansea and we have pulled him back to warm the bench again.

If we sell him on without giving him a proper chance to progress, I think it will come back to haunt us.
We pulled him back from loan as at the time we were one injury away from having no midfield. The choice was Jan window or not at all. The latter was too risky....

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We pulled him back from loan as at the time we were one injury away from having no midfield. The choice was Jan window or not at all. The latter was too risky....
Yeah it's not been the best thing for MGW's development to come back but it was a case of needs must. And fair play to MGW for getting himself back in the frame, when we play a 4-2-3-1 there's a more natural position in there for him and he's looked better for it

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh I have never rated him. And I must be honest here, that some of the way he has appeared to conduct himself in the past has coloured my view of him as a person. I am big enough to admit that I may have been too quick to judge, or too harsh. I may have been 21 once too.
What I will say, is that in recent appearances he seems to have made a positive impact to the team. So, fair play to the lad, and keep it going.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Semedo coady kilman ait nouri
Neves vitinha
Mgw
Traore Silva corneabeu

Should be the team for remaining matches .

these lads need exposure in the prem and there is no better opportunity

D

Deleted member 8123

MGW is not the answer , but , not sure what the question is.

R

reanswolf

I thought he got stuck in well today throughout, never hid, and you could see how gutted he was when he missed that chance, but then finished beautifully to win it for us.

Notable credit to to Hoever, Alt Nouri, Fabio, Mouts who were all good, and Adama who changed the game. I thought Hoever and Alt Nouri did ever so well down the wing.

But today belongs to Morgan. Take a bow son!

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
pleased for him. well done. hope its the shape of things to come

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great for him to score, a very average performance though.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's quite simple really... Back 3 players like gibbs are lost..... Play a back 4 they become an option.....

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a moment for him. After missing the open goal there was only one thing to make it okay................YES.....and it made the winner.
He will be a player.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gibbs-White will have a top flight career, whether it's with us or at the heights we want to reach is up for debate but he will have a top flight career. Brilliant for him today to get the winner and thought he was the best of the 'support' forwards

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really pleased for him to get the winner after his miss. His head could of dropped but he persisted and didnt shy away from the second chance. Liked Fabio putting an arm round him too, good character shown by Morgan today.

R

reanswolf

Well I dont think anyone would be all that positive about it without the goal. I am not a MGW knocker, just commenting on his performance, I think we need more from him - pentry of time still however.
To be fair, even after he missed the chance, me and my lad were backing him....he was always trying and looking to create. Ok the whole team were poor 1st half but 2nd half he was as good as anyone.

He was one of several who excelled 2nd half....along with Adama, Hoever, Alt Nouri, Fabio.........

Last edited by a moderator:

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needed to score after that horrendous miss. Fair play to him. Still not of a fan of him to be honest. Never really have been.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He played well, I'd like to see him in Podence role of not a true winger but a drifting 10. His passing in behind was very impressive and he only did one of his little flick things all game

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fai, even after he missed the chance, me and my lad were backing him....he was always trying and looking to create. Ok the whole team were poor 1st half but 2nd half he was as good as anyone.

He was one of several who excelled 2nd half....along with Adama, Hoever, Alt Nouri, Fabio.........

Yes, I think it would help him to play more centrally too. Still young, shame he got injured for Swansea as I think that run he was having was really giving him a boost. I thought Vitinha was involved in a lot of good stuff again today which seems to have flown under the radar, and he was the better of the two for me in this game. I was surprised he was taken off.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cor blimey, I thought his whole Wolves career had gone sailing over the bar with that chance before he scored... and was so harsh too as he'd had a pretty decent game up to that point

Confidence is so so important with the youngsters, and nothing could have given MGW more than burying the winner like that.. and to do it off the back of the miss.... credit to him

SO pleased for him, now the next challenge is there for him to stay in the team and carry it on for the rest of the season... Its up to him to make himself undroppable for the next 3 games... can't rest on his laurels but has done himself no harm to finally be the player he was meant to be for us...

It was a massive game for him today for so many reasons, test passed now he has to pass the next one

R

reanswolf

Yes, I think it would help him to play more centrally too. Still young, shame he got injured for Swansea as I think that run he was having was really giving him a boost. I thought Vitinha was involved in a lot of good stuff again today which seems to have flown under the radar, and he was the better of the two for me in this game. I was surprised he was taken off.
Funny how we all see things, I thought Vitinha was virtually invisible today, but he is very talented and it was his pass that changed the game for the sending off.

D

Deleted member 11332

Funny how we all see things, I thought Vitinha was virtually invisible today, but he is very talented and it was his pass that changed the game for the sending off.

Probably, he was neat and tidy but bar that didn't really affect the game. Hard to when you are in good positions and the ball doesn't come though. Got a nice understanding with the Goat Silva.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But look who's pass led to the sending off? He just looked sharper to me when he got the ball and more likely to open them up than Neves, Moutinho or Gibbs White if we could have gotten the ball to him. We just werent able to do that enough. There is defintely a sharpness to him that I think we have been lacking.

Back
Top Bottom