Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know they're desperate and the owner is obviously on a massive ego trip but we need to make sure we don't scare them off and they go elsewhere.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing Guedes for £27 million and selling MGW for £40 million (even allowing for a significant proportion of that sum being performance related) would be one of the biggest transfer coups in the club's history IMO. Obscene.
We still should not sell MGW, we need options, competition and cover for places, and we have seen how problematic it is if we have injuries and no one of similar standard and experience to come in.
Neto, Hwang and Podence don’t have the greatest fitness record.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing Guedes for £27 million and selling MGW for £40 million (even allowing for a significant proportion of that sum being performance related) would be one of the biggest transfer coups in the club's history IMO. Obscene.
Except the squad is no bigger, in fact including the Coady loan the squad would be smaller which doesnt help improve the quality of our subs bench

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it odd they’ve still not added mgw to the team list on the app. They soon added Collins and added Sarkic, even re added Traore...

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we are holding out for 30 mill straight cash with the add ons on top. Really hoping we re invest that money

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I find it odd they’ve still not added mgw to the team list on the app. They soon added Collins and added Sarkic, even re added Traore...
He's in the first team section on the official site

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Guedes is the striker and we are still keeping Mgw to play in the front 3 behind

I see him ahead of hwang and podence given his unique ability to play on the half turn slightly deeper

Agreed. Don't see the point of Bruno wanting a bigger squad/better competition and just as we start to get it, we get rid of players.

That said, if he doesn't sign a new deal might be our only option is to sell.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inevitably followed by Guedes rupturing his cruciate ligaments and being out for 18 months. This is Wolves, don't forget! Anyway, I think there's room for MGW as maybe only Neto and Guedes are definite starters. Followed by Raul, if he stays on last seasons form. Then Podence and MGW around level. Podence is usually injured for at least a third of a season and rarely manages two good matches a row. And I'd definitely rate MGW ahead of Hwang, so in a 4-2-3-1, MGW is going to be getting a lot of game time.

If he does well, then fine, he becomes an automatic starter. If not, then rotate with the others and if he expects to be a starter without justifying it, then sell him next year. Yes, it wouldn't be the same silly money Forest are offering now, but as no one can see the future, time to take a risk on a player whose contribution on the pitch over the season may be more value than a few million quid.
Sweet Jesus ... bet you’re fun at parties.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So it is about money.

I have a bit of sympathy with MGW on this. If Wolves are valuing him as a player worth more than £30m then he has a right to ask to be paid like a player worth more than £30m, which automatically makes him a top earner I would imagine.

Lage is also doing his agents job for him by talking like that.

CologneWolf

Reaction score

So it is about money.

I have a bit of sympathy with MGW on this. If Wolves are valuing him as a player worth more than £30m then he has a right to ask to be paid like a player worth more than £30m, which automatically makes him a top earner I would imagine.

Generally that’s the main focus of contract negotiations. :D

I think Wolves really would like to keep him and there doesn’t seem to be much noise re: Forest this week.

Stating the obvious here but both parties just gotta come together and find the right figure to get him to re-sign.

T

TheConcourse

So it is about money.

Or he’s bigging him up to push for another offer from Forest.

Reaction score
So does everyone still think he’s the saviour? Or have people come back down to earth again. It’s a shame that our squad is so thin cause we should never be turning down anything over £25m for MGW.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He worked hard defensively, that was a plus.

Didn't have much influence in the second half, but to be fair none of the other forwards did either.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
He tries things and that’s more than most atm. He’s far from the problem but as always some fans can’t wait for him to fail
No one wants him to fail FFS. It’s ok “trying things “, but when none of these things come off, it’s time to stop them. It just gives the opposition the ball back.
I can’t remember a time one of his flicks or tricks actually worked. He could become a good player, but he needs to be more effective.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one wants him to fail FFS. It’s ok “trying things “, but when none of these things come off, it’s time to stop them. It just gives the opposition the ball back.
I can’t remember a time one of his flicks or tricks actually worked. He could become a good player, but he needs to be more effective.
You can’t honestly tell me some don’t want him to fail? Just so they can say I told you so. That’s his game, we moan about not being creative and being too predictable and I get it, it can be frustrating however he will unlock defences, he will score goals and get assists but unfortunately he will give the ball away. We aren’t at the level to attract perfect players yet. Would you rather watch safe passes and keep the ball for 90 mins?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best attacking player today by a mile
I’m defending him against some WUM’s on here but I wouldn’t go that far. Think he was pretty even with Neto and ahead of Pod and Hwang, albeit I wasn’t critical of any of them.

Johnny5

Reaction score
I said at start of the window that I’d like to see him come back for us but I fear his ego is greater than his ability.
I stand by that after today

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
You can’t honestly tell me some don’t want him to fail? Just so they can say I told you so. That’s his game, we moan about not being creative and being too predictable and I get it, it can be frustrating however he will unlock defences, he will score goals and get assists but unfortunately he will give the ball away. We aren’t at the level to attract perfect players yet. Would you rather watch safe passes and keep the ball for 90 mins?
I honestly believe no Wolves fan wants a player to fail, that would be weird.
I would rather watch us keep possession and try working the angles and playing a ball in behind than trying a back heel and losing it.
Nothing infuriates me more than giving the ball away cheaply, these fancy flicks probably work twice a season in your favour but go against you a damn sight more.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly believe no Wolves fan wants a player to fail, that would be weird.
I would rather watch us keep possession and try working the angles and playing a ball in behind than trying a back heel and losing it.
Nothing infuriates me more than giving the ball away cheaply, these fancy flicks probably work twice a season in your favour but go against you a damn sight more.
You must just love Podence then?

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Think he just needs a goal to get him into the groove. He's trying it's just not coming of for him...bit like the rest of them

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No better or worse than Neto and Podence today. None of them had a good game though, imo. Nothing came off for any of them.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not true, Podence was dreadful and should have been subbed rather than Neto.
1000%. Fed up of Podence after two games already to be honest. I find him petulant and lazy, rarely does he show himself for a ball from the full backs or Neves. Start MGW as the #10, at least you know he's fully committed and will work back to support the two midfielders, and when it clicks I have the feeling MGW will be a much better #10 than Podence.

Back
Top Bottom