Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. There has to be some money available from the £170m you get from Sky/the PL every year, and we're one of the lowest wage payers in the division, something like £60m. I think they'd find the money if it's the right player - they've said this time and again.

And for sure, we were offering £45m to buy Nunes without anyone leaving to fund that. We have money, they've obviously decided that a small squad is the way to go, and we aren't gonna be taken for a ride on transfer fees - as much as that ****es everyone off.
Our wage bill is way higher than £60m, it was £139m in the last accounts although that included two x end of year bonus payments which distorts it slightly as the year before was £94m.

Even if you take an average of the two years it’s about £117m with our total income being £164m average over the last two years.

League income averaged over the past two years was £133m so our average wages were actually only £16m lower than our broadcasting income per year in the last two years. That’s before taking in to account paying instalments on transfer fees owed (and owed to us too which is much lower than what we owe out).

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I agree. There has to be some money available from the £170m you get from Sky/the PL every year, and we're one of the lowest wage payers in the division, something like £60m. I think they'd find the money if it's the right player - they've said this time and again.

And for sure, we were offering £45m to buy Nunes without anyone leaving to fund that. We have money, they've obviously decided that a small squad is the way to go, and we aren't gonna be taken for a ride on transfer fees - as much as that ****es everyone off.
8th highest in the division this season as we did a 13 month thing for bonuses, but we would be around top 10 for sure

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of players have left since last season. The wage bill will have reduced.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Lots of players have left since last season. The wage bill will have reduced.
Yeah think Patricio was still on the books then so that would be a massive shaving off, although Trincao probably on good money unfortunately

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given Forest's debt and what they have already spent, I'd have serious doubts they could afford to actually pay any add ons in the future. If MGW is to go, then we must get as much as possible upfront.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless the £17m addon's were stupid clauses almost never going to get triggered, I'm shocked we've said no to that.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless the £17m addon's were stupid clauses almost never going to get triggered, I'm shocked we've said no to that.
Wait until it hits the £50m mark !!!

For starters I will owe @JOSWolf an apology and admit he can foresee the future (he said MGW will have an amazing season and be worth £50 at the end of the season)

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait until it hits the £50m mark !!!

For starters I will owe @JOSWolf an apology and admit he can foresee the future (he said MGW will have an amazing season and be worth £50 at the end of the season)
Fifty pounds? I found that down the back of the sofa this morning. :grin:

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Guides signed, I'd put money on MGW leaving in the next few days. There's no way that Lage can guarantee him a first team place now.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is it that Guedes arriving lessens our need for his services, or did MGW's performance against Leeds suggest we'd do well to get rid now before his value drops like a stone?

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All Forest need to do is move some of that £17m to the £25m and make it £30m upfront.

Then Wolves will deal.

Oh and making the add ons achievable - If they're suggesting things like £5m for making the Champions League they can **** right off.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All Forest need to do is move some of that £17m to the £25m and make it £30m upfront.

Then Wolves will deal.

Oh and making the add ons achievable - If they're suggesting things like £5m for making the Champions League they can **** right off.
Great tweet last night. Something like:

Forest add-ons:
£5m for five international caps for Japan
£3m when MGW wins celebrity bake-off
£5m for keeping up with the till operator at Asda on big shop day
£4m when Forest win the County Championship

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great tweet last night. Something like:

Forest add-ons:
£5m for five international caps for Japan
£3m when MGW wins celebrity bake-off
£5m for keeping up with the till operator at Asda on big shop day
£4m when Forest win the County Championship

Should probably add one in there and break it down a bit further:

£500k per ****ty, irritating TikTok video with that ***** Lingard

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW is obviously going, can't see him being here this time next week. There is no way we would have paid out cash to our new Portugeezer without a firm guarantee it was coming back in pretty quick.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Signing Guedes for £27 million and selling MGW for £40 million (even allowing for a significant proportion of that sum being performance related) would be one of the biggest transfer coups in the club's history IMO. Obscene.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing Guedes for £27 million and selling MGW for £40 million (even allowing for a significant proportion of that sum being performance related) would be one of the biggest transfer coups in the club's history IMO. Obscene.
No, that's the 60 mil we're getting for Conor Ronan !

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Guides signed, I'd put money on MGW leaving in the next few days. There's no way that Lage can guarantee him a first team place now.

Wasn't that the issue with Coady. I don't think anyone should be guaranteed a starting place. They have to prove they should be playing.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Inevitably followed by Guedes rupturing his cruciate ligaments and being out for 18 months. This is Wolves, don't forget! Anyway, I think there's room for MGW as maybe only Neto and Guedes are definite starters. Followed by Raul, if he stays on last seasons form. Then Podence and MGW around level. Podence is usually injured for at least a third of a season and rarely manages two good matches a row. And I'd definitely rate MGW ahead of Hwang, so in a 4-2-3-1, MGW is going to be getting a lot of game time.

If he does well, then fine, he becomes an automatic starter. If not, then rotate with the others and if he expects to be a starter without justifying it, then sell him next year. Yes, it wouldn't be the same silly money Forest are offering now, but as no one can see the future, time to take a risk on a player whose contribution on the pitch over the season may be more value than a few million quid.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Signing Guedes for £27M and him striking up a devastating partnership with MGW because we kept him would be even better.

Back
Top Bottom