Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of Forest fans not happy about this, which is good to see instead of the bragging we've seen.

Got to say I agree with them. I really rate MGW so I'm disappointed he's going from a football perspective but this puts so much pressure on him. I'm really not sure he's mature enough to handle it. Moans a lot at his teammates, the girlfriend liking negative posts about the club, the family arguing etc. Not big things, in fact hardly anything really, but if you're losing, anger/frustration can build as we know.

If he has a good start at Forest he could do really well but they're going to lose a lot of games - like us all in the bottom half, and he will be expected to become a key player and matchwinner straight away. If he starts slow it could quickly become a burden and I don't know how he'll deal with it.

Won't wish him too well as I want them to go down.

Oh, and he's defo gonna score against us if this does go through, isn't he :D

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing l want to see more than a local lad so well.

However, £40m is the territory we we were looking at for selling Neves, so if we can get that in and keep Neves, then it has to be done.

Say that with a heavy heart and hope he does well there.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£40m is a ridiculous price. But do I have faith in our recruitment team to spend that £40m on a player who will give us the same impact?

Absolutely not!!

I think Guedes already does that and more to be fair. At 40m, there’s money left over to help buy a quality AM, which combined with Guedes, would be a proper upgrade in the squad.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would love to see MGW thrive in this team, as a local lad. I think he would have a good season for us with a string of games under his belt.
I was disappointed that he didn't play in front of Donk/Neves yesterday, as a CAM, I believe he can play there, he did for Sheff U last season at times, he would have bolstered our midfield and that was needed we were completely overran at times - but he needed to play in a role where he could see more of the ball, and we could see more of him in my opinion.
Anyway - that aside - I put out a tweet that banged a couple weeks back about building a team around him - love him as a player - but £40m is ridiculous for someone untested at this level - you have to accept that, I'm sorry!!

And if this means we will now go and get Nunes, then I'd be happy now we have Guedes as well (fingers crossed)

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d take 40m but don’t get your hopes up that we are going to reinvest this money in addition to Guedes. It’s not going to happen..

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d take 40m but don’t get your hopes up that we are going to reinvest this money in addition to Guedes. It’s not going to happen..
Yep, all this Nunes talk is fanciful IMO.

We're spending most of the fee on Guedes, it's one in one out effectively when you look at the up front fee we will receive for MGW.

Not complaining, just saying it's not going to fund much else.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We're spending most of the fee on Guedes, it's one in one out effectively when you look at the up front fee we will receive for MGW.

Whilst I sort of agree now do you explain Collins then?
Also if we are that hard up why would we allow Coady on a loan?

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Hope I’m wrong because we need another 2/3 in minimum not 1.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would rather keep MGW, but £40m (if reinvested well) is probably too good to turn down given his contract situation and lack of PL experience.

I don’t have a problem with the Portuguese influence in our team - Neves, Moutinho, Sa, Neto, Semedo, and Guedes too maybe… how could I be?

But losing MGW and potentially Coady does whip out a hell of a large chunk of our British contingent, which is a shame.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There should be £20m for Collins considering we didn't have a net spend over the past few years, although I admit I'm pleasantly surprised that we seem to have done that without needing an outgoing, even if we've saved on wages.

It's another thing spending around £45-50m on a player though, which Nunes would probably cost.

I don't know with Coady. Seems a ridiculously poor one to me if it's a loan. Will judge properly at the end of the window.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would rather keep MGW, but £40m (if reinvested well) is probably too good to turn down given his contract situation and lack of PL experience.

I don’t have a problem with the Portuguese influence in our team - Neves, Moutinho, Sa, Neto, Semedo, and Guedes too maybe… how could I be?

But losing MGW and potentially Coady does whip out a hell of a large chunk of our British contingent, which is a shame.
£40M. He'd have to go.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Forest are crazy enough to offer £40 million then we will take it gladly
Crazy money for an unproven player
If we get Guedes, Batman and a CM job done and bye bye Morgan

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Forest want him for forty million we have to sell....and add a percentage for future sale...

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Dear Nottingham Forest. You can have Morgan now. We've got Guedes , so ******* there! Oh, what was that? He doesn't want to join you now, sorry. He saw how **** you were yesterday and would rather be on the bench for us than having to be the only decent player in a Championship team out of their depth. " :D

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Several pages, lots of very excited posts, it's as if Christmas has come early. BUT, I haven’t seen any evidence that Forest have actually offered that much for MGW.

Suggest everyone calms down a bit. Yes, Guedes is a great acquisition, as was Collins, but we still need a CM and striker.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Several pages, lots of very excited posts, it's as if Christmas has come early. BUT, I haven’t seen any evidence that Forest have actually offered that much for MGW.

The story was broken in an article by the telegraph which is normally quite reliable.

One thing though which seems strange is that John Percy is a telegraph writer and tends to be on the money (he said about guedes in april) and is well connected with Wolves and Forest yet hasn't mentioned the 40 million bid.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Suggest everyone calms down a bit. Yes, Guedes is a great acquisition, as was Collins, but we still need a CM and striker.

All the comments about 40m stem from the comments in this Telegraph article. They might simply be referring to the offer we rejected, which was in total 35m, albeit with 10m of that in addons which may not come to pass. Should Forest amend that deal to make more of it fee and less addons, but keeping the total at 35m, I could see us being tempted.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah £35/40M is a good price, stick a sell on clause and get a CM and ST.
We should be fine with Neto, Guedes, Hwang, Podence as wide men with Adama if he is here. Then Raul/A.N Other/Guedes the options up top.
Not bad.
CM should be the key spend, tbf I always knew that MGW was going once we moved from Guedes.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We have to accept 40million, just take it, guedes is better. He could have a **** season for us and only go for 20mill next summer or nothing in 2 years. Sorry have to accept it.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope everyone with an opinion about his performance yesterday actually watched the game. Those who were there seem to be saying he did okay, which as a player returning from the Championship away at Leeds in a new system seems good enough for me?
It was slightly better than typical Morgan. What was encouraging, was after the usual trademark flicks didn't come off early on in the game, he didn't hide, he kept trying. He played a few excellent through-balls in both the first and second half and his movement was good as Leeds started to get players behind the ball. Certainly wasn't a poor performance, didn't let himself down.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If (which I doubt) the £40m rumour is true we’ll surely take that. Problem is it is probably 30 + 10 in add ons. So the devil is in how likely those add ons are to happen?
I’d guess them not getting relegated is a big chunk of it, which still seems likely.
Think I’d want at least £5m to be easy achievable, like for 10 appearances or something.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If (which I doubt) the £40m rumour is true we’ll surely take that. Problem is it is probably 30 + 10 in add ons. So the devil is in how likely those add ons are to happen?
I’d guess them not getting relegated is a big chunk of it, which still seems likely.
Think I’d want at least £5m to be easy achievable, like for 10 appearances or something.

I'm hoping for this

£30m over 5 years
£5m if they stay up
£2.5m for an England cap
£2.5m over multiple appearances and goal related clauses.

Sell on clause

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping for this

£30m over 5 years
£5m if they stay up
£2.5m for an England cap
£2.5m over multiple appearances and goal related clauses.

Sell on clause
That is a fair deal for all parties……

good and realistic accelerators on the fee too that again are fair to both parties.

R

reanswolf

I should've popped one of those winking emojis after that, I was just being a dick. I'd say there's a bunch of clubs in our group of big but not huge anymore: Forest, us, Villa, Leeds, Newcastle etc. (Villa and Leeds are bigger and Newcastle will have left all of us behind within 3 seasons). However, at the moment, despite our completely justified worries at the moment given our paper thin squad, I think we're in a marginally better position than the trees.
Villa Leeds Newcastle are bigger clubs than us I would say, in virtually everyone’s eyes. I would say we are similar in size to Forest.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree. There has to be some money available from the £170m you get from Sky/the PL every year, and we're one of the lowest wage payers in the division, something like £60m. I think they'd find the money if it's the right player - they've said this time and again.

And for sure, we were offering £45m to buy Nunes without anyone leaving to fund that. We have money, they've obviously decided that a small squad is the way to go, and we aren't gonna be taken for a ride on transfer fees - as much as that ****es everyone off.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. There has to be some money available from the £170m you get from Sky/the PL every year, and we're one of the lowest wage payers in the division, something like £60m. I think they'd find the money if it's the right player - they've said this time and again.

And for sure, we were offering £45m to buy Nunes without anyone leaving to fund that. We have money, they've obviously decided that a small squad is the way to go, and we aren't gonna be taken for a ride on transfer fees - as much as that ****es everyone off.
I agree we shouldn’t be taken for a ride on fees to buy players, but we shouldn’t be taken for a ride like the conor deal is looking likely to be.

They are doing a great job by the sounds of it with the Morgan to Nottingham forest stuff so just replicate that with Everton.

Back
Top Bottom