Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that is the point. Certain players not getting chances when the players in the team can play badly and not get dropped. Last Season Toti came in and did alright but Saiss came back and was dire after the African cup. Kilman under Nuno would be in for one match, do okay and then get dropped. Hwang last season was poor. Trincao had more chances than he deserved.
Morgan needs game time but not a guaranteed place.
I think a lot of those decision were made on a safety first approach.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On todays showing he is the same player that wasn’t good enough 12 months ago.
I’d sell for 30 a bring a few in instead.

No excuse for abusing the lads family though.
And exactly who would you bring in for that money that would improve the team better than MGW?
Easy said but look at the problem our recruitment team have had so far.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a lot of those decision were made on a safety first approach.
Nail on the head. Our players are too afraid of getting it wrong and so they get it wrong. This attitude stems from the top. Our players need to have more of a winning attitude not a half hearted one. From the bits of the match I saw yesterday Leeds wanted to win this match but we wanted to play football.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is though, being decent isn't really enough.
We've been an established top half side. We need to be giving chances to players that are going to improve us. For me he's good but not good enough.
I would see Gibbs-White as a squad player - not necessarily a starter but someone who could slot in and not let us down if needed. The problem being that he feels he has to live up to the 'one of our own' hype, and the supporters expect him to live up to it. In normal circumstances he would be allowed to develop without all of this nonsense surrounding him, unfortunately the conditions here probably won't allow it, and we will lose what could have been a very desirable asset

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emmanuel Dennis.
How much do you think that Watford want for Dennis? In what way is he a guaranteed improvement on MGW? Where is the second player that was suggested we could get for the sale of Morgan? How much do you think the club would be releasing to sign on the back of any sale?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes coming in puts him back out of the side IMO.
So he is either off or he is being lined up to play as the 1 behind the central striker.

Last edited:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much do you think that Watford want for Dennis? In what way is he a guaranteed improvement on MGW? Where is the second player that was suggested we could get for the sale of Morgan? How much do you think the club would be releasing to sign on the back of any sale?
20 million was quoted earlier in the transfer window. We aren't selling Neves here. We'd be replacing a squad option with a first team starter, and someone who has been a good finisher at premier league level. You'd also be replacing a guy on a 2 year contract that doesn't necessarily want to resign, with a guy on a 4 year contract. And an attacking midfielder/winger with a striker who can play as a wide forward.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20 million was quoted earlier in the transfer window. We aren't selling Neves here. We'd be replacing a squad option with a first team starter, and someone who has been a good finisher at premier league level. You'd also be replacing a guy on a 2 year contract that doesn't necessarily want to resign, with a guy on a 4 year contract. And an attacking midfielder/winger with a striker who can play as a wide forward.
I would not be against the signing of Dennis but not at the expense of MGW. On economic grounds if the Forest offer is correct we would only get 25million at tops minus expenses for the transfer. Although there could be add ons if they are reached it would mean that Forest have gained a player worth more than 35m.
If Dennis is that good though and available for 20m it says a lot for our club if we cannot afford that money for a position we are desperate to fill. However there also could be a factor of would Dennis want to come here or could we match the terms that maybe Newcastle could offer.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll stay still.

I think he'll also be our right winger and Guedes will take Podence spot. With him becoming the first attacker off the bench.

Lage played Pizzi on the right wing for Benfica who's very much an attacking midfielder. Guedes to play off the striker like Joao Felix

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t see anything yesterday to make me think he would be any great loss, I know he looked good in a friendly game.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely we are comparing him to Podence and Adama rather than Phil Foden?!

No people/pundits rave about the English talent coming through. Such as the players mentioned, Gibbs has to hope to achieve to get to this level..

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope everyone with an opinion about his performance yesterday actually watched the game. Those who were there seem to be saying he did okay, which as a player returning from the Championship away at Leeds in a new system seems good enough for me?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I hope everyone with an opinion about his performance yesterday actually watched the game. Those who were there seem to be saying he did okay, which as a player returning from the Championship away at Leeds in a new system seems good enough for me?
I thought he was ok. You can tell he’s come from a season in the championship because there were times when he was just wanting a bit too much time on the ball, but his head never went down and he was always trying to make things happen.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was ok. You can tell he’s come from a season in the championship because there were times when he was just wanting a bit too much time on the ball, but his head never went down and he was always trying to make things happen.
Spot on Jade. That will come with more games.

Still remember the Cardiff goal and interplay with Jota and Raul.

Will he go? Who knows. If he does then good luck to him and hopefully the money is well invested in Guedes or elsewhere. If he doesn’t then let’s back him. We need incentive players .

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“They are no Wolves”?

That may be true to us but I suspect t most football fans would view Forest as being equally big at least compared to us.
I should've popped one of those winking emojis after that, I was just being a dick. I'd say there's a bunch of clubs in our group of big but not huge anymore: Forest, us, Villa, Leeds, Newcastle etc. (Villa and Leeds are bigger and Newcastle will have left all of us behind within 3 seasons). However, at the moment, despite our completely justified worries at the moment given our paper thin squad, I think we're in a marginally better position than the trees.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will not be happy if we sell MGW and only bring in Guedes.

We need that player who provides the link between midfield and attack

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If forest have bid 40 million for a player who has had one good championship season we should accept the offer. I was hoping MGW would've established himself this year with us however if that sort of money is on offer then its ridiculous.

Forest seem to be trying the doing a Fulham on a whole new level.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I couldn’t watch the game yesterday and I rarely watch any type of highlights when Wolves lose.

Did MGW stand out in anyway during the Leeds game that would make Forest comeback with such a crazy offer?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn’t watch the game yesterday and I rarely watch any type of highlights when Wolves lose.

Did MGW stand out in anyway during the Leeds game that would make Forest comeback with such a crazy offer?
No. He did okay, but I'd say it's more that they played Newcastle and didn't have a shot on target!

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score

He was good, not spectacular. Plenty of energy and interplay with the forwards...

But £40m :oops:

T

TheConcourse

Couple of moments where he looked good.

Various “don’t try that flick and lose possession there” moments too. Especially early on.

Seemed to lack the physicality at times too. Early days for him.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't believe this, tbh. Who is the bloke who reported it? Can't see it on The Telegraph anywhere. That's an insane amount of money for him.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£40m is a lot of money, think we'd have to take it considering the holes in the squad.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haaland was only £10m more

Wow yeh.

We have to accept it if it's accurate. I just can't foresee any way in which we'll look back and regret taking that in a few years time. He'd have to be utterly sensational in what could easily be a side who are in the Championship next season for that price to look like a bargain.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow yeh.

We have to accept it if it's accurate. I just can't foresee any way in which we'll look back and regret taking that in a few years time. He'd have to be utterly sensational in what could easily be a side who are in the Championship next season for that price to look like a bargain.

£40m is a ridiculous price. But do I have faith in our recruitment team to spend that £40m on a player who will give us the same impact?

Absolutely not!!

Back
Top Bottom