Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Chiquinho is out with an ACL injury, then there is even more chance MGW will play regularly. If we don't sign anyone get will get plenty of football. If Shi could let him in on that fact he may be more inclined to sign a contract and stay.
We simply can’t afford to let MGW go if Chiquinho is out for the season. That would leave us with Hwang, Podence, Neto and possibly Traore as the non central forwards… Podence gets injured a lot, Traore wants away and Hwang isn’t the best.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Chiquinho is out with an ACL injury, then there is even more chance MGW will play regularly. If we don't sign anyone get will get plenty of football. If Shi could let him in on that fact he may be more inclined to sign a contract and stay.
I don’t see how as if MGW did play I wouldn’t play him as a right winger.

Nevertheless what a ****ing mess we are in.

No players in and the players we have have want to be here and the players we allegedly want don’t want to come here.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t see how as if MGW did play I wouldn’t play him as a right winger.

Nevertheless what a ****ing mess we are in.

No players in and the players we have have want to be here and the players we allegedly want don’t want to come here.
Well that’s okay because we don’t play with a right winger….

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell MGW at this point will really despair. Him, Neto and Podence offer the kind of attacking flair we desperately need behind Jiminez and AN other decent striker. I suppose if we got an offer of £30m it might be tempting but I would still keep him. More likely he is valued by others in the £20m or so range which isn't that much these days.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s going to happen folks, brace yourselves…..

Over £20 million offer rejected. It’s gets towards £30 million and we will sell.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Turned down an offer of over 20 million from Everton according to John Percy

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
30m would be a cracking deal
For Everton? Even if it is slightly inflated (only time and evidence in the Prem will prove one way or the other) we need the right bodies to strengthen the squad, preferably mad up of people know and loves the club(?), know our style and are hungry to prove themselves.

Maybe I'm worrying for nothing and a chain of ins and outs is about to commence but as things stand our squad is insufficient.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keen says that but also mentions Percy stating that we will sell for up to £30m, so it's not really 'no desire to sell'.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't think it will be.

Could go down there ifs and buts nd of the day his a had a decent season, before that nothing. Maybe he'll go into be a 60m player in years to come but if we need cash I'd go for it with a few decent add ons.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every player has his price.

I really hope we keep MGW but if someone comes in with a ridiculous offer, he'll be off. As he should be.

I thought we would get 15-20 mill at a push though, so shows (again) how little I know!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call me cynical, but one way of demonstrating how highly we value him would be to leak out that he might be available, then reject any sensible bids that come in.

"Morgan, we have rejected a bid of £25m+ for you, is that not evidence about how serious our commitment is to you? Now sign the damn contract!"

It has the added bonus that if someone is willing to pay £35m+ for him, we might just accept it too.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Read on Fb. BREAKING: Wolves have rejected an offer of £20M from Everton for Morgan Gibbs-White - John Percy - Telegraph.
How much would it take for Jeff to accept a bid?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every player has his price.

I really hope we keep MGW but if someone comes in with a ridiculous offer, he'll be off. As he should be.

I thought we would get 15-20 mill at a push though, so shows (again) how little I know!

Don't forget it's Everton money. And £25m in Everton money converts to around £15m GBP real money.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keen says that but also mentions Percy stating that we will sell for up to £30m, so it's not really 'no desire to sell'.
The package being offered by Everton compared to our revised contract offer is also important.
If they are offering a lot more money than we are prepared to pay he may want to go, then its down to fee.
I really hope he stays.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only we were dealing with the Everton of a couple of years back. £28-34m for Iwobi!! Maybe they've not learned their lesson...

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call me cynical, but one way of demonstrating how highly we value him would be to leak out that he might be available, then reject any sensible bids that come in.

"Morgan, we have rejected a bid of £25m+ for you, is that not evidence about how serious our commitment is to you? Now sign the damn contract!"

It has the added bonus that if someone is willing to pay £35m+ for him, we might just accept it too.

I don't think Everton would have bid unless they had got the nod from Gibbs-White's representatives that he'd be open for a move. This makes it less likely he'll sign a new contract imo, or he wants to use Everton to get a better offer from Wolves.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
football has lots it’s financial mind in a world where mgw is 20m plus.
I think people have always underestimated yet over expected. He started playing for us very young and he wasn't ready. He always had the skills. Top champ player, good age, good experience before then even if form not great in the prem.

I find it really sad that wolves fans act like they do with mgw. Excellent young player with a chance to shine and easily worth 20-25m because of nationality and potential.

Folks really need to understand that many, if not most players, aren't prem ready until 22-23. Younger than that and you see potential but not the real player. It's also why some players crash after been great teenagers.

Judge mgw on his potential, which he always showed (and his youth honours), and last season - where he blew away the championship in a good but not great team.

And stop being so harsh about one of our own. It's really quite depressing.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but I wonder what MGW's relationship with Thelwell is like...

Back
Top Bottom