Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My only take on MGW is that there are 2 options
He wants to come back and we welcome him back with open arms and he fights for his place in the first team
He does not want to come back or does not want to fight for a first team place [I say that as Bruno wanted him to stay January but MGW wanted regular football not prepared to fight for first team place he had the option ] we sell him for the best price available
Either way he will have my support as he he is a talent and hope he acheives success whatever his decision ..

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wants to come back and we welcome him back with open arms and he fights for his place in the first team
He does not want to come back or does not want to fight for a first team place [I say that as Bruno wanted him to stay January but MGW wanted regular football not prepared to fight for first team place he had the option ] we sell him for the best price available
Either way he will have my support as he he is a talent and hope he acheives success whatever his decision ..

First option has to come with him signing a new contract too. If he doesn't want to do that, he has to be sold, as next summer he is into 1 year left, so his value starts to plummet.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key element for me in the 2 years he has left on his deal, and his stock has never been higher... another 12 months of sitting on our bench next season and 1 year left on his deal and he'll be off for peanuts... or loaned for free to someone!

Hopefully the Palace talk is just talk and he comes back home and is given a new deal and a proper chance in the team to show what he can do at the highest level. Time is right for that and I think he's ready

The new deal is key for everyone to be on board the MGW back to Wolves train though

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be a massive ****up by our managerial and backroom staff to let this bloke go and become a star somewhere else.
But for so many years he has been ignored by these guys , and I have seen nothing in a Wolves shirt that would make me want to keep him.
He and his treatment by Wolves is an enigma to me.
Can he replicate it in the PL? Our best player pre-season but benched as season started proper. Wolves mostly negative style of play doesn’t suit him, nor some others in the team to be fair, and he didn’t have many opportunities to impress in the Wolves team. Wouldn’t surprise me if he wanted a permanent move to Sheff Utd.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I find Bruno hard to understand. I listen to what he says and I never think he is as clear as Nuno was when he was speaking. I am sure Bruno knows his stuff and is an excellent coach, but I do wonder if he confuses the players.

At the end of the day MGW has to want to work with the manager, and I do wonder if he sees Bruno someone he can respect and learn from. This is not about Bruno being Portuguese or anything, more or less every Premier League club is like the league of nations. If MGW prefers to work with a British coach and British players he is going to struggle working in the premier league, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

But I do get the feeling he would rather not be here next season, I don't have any evidence of that at all. I think he has looked at the likes of Trincao, Fabio, and Hwang having a place in the squad and he is rightly thinking I am head and shoulders above those guys yet 'my club' put me out on loan.

OK, he has enjoyed the experience, and it has worked for Wolves in that it would take £20m for someone to buy him - but equally I think it has made MGW think I want to go a club where they really want me. I think his ego drives him to be seen as the main man.

At the very least he is going to want to be given some reassurances that he is going to be a part of the first team squad, and get plenty of starts. If Bruno is thinking of bringing in Pedrinho, who looks like a similar player to MGW, then I doubt he will want to stay and sit on our bench for most of the season.

I think this transfer window is going to be really fascinating.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how has he been treated 'rather poorly by Wolves'?

We sorted him out with what has been the perfect loan for him to improve his game and show what he is capable of. He owes us, we don't owe him.
Fans tend to forget that footballers are human beings. And yes, I know they make a lot of money, but I'm sure some personal life stability is appreciated as well. Like knowing where you and your family are gonna be living over the next couple of years.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fans tend to forget that footballers are human beings. And yes, I know they make a lot of money, but I'm sure some personal life stability is appreciated as well. Like knowing where you and your family are gonna be living over the next couple of years.
Well when you put it that way yes I can see that the Big Bad Wolves have been tewibbly tewibbly nasty to poor little Morgsy-Worgsy…

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a season Morgan. What's that, something like 12 goals and 11 assists in his first proper season playing most weeks. Widely regarded as one of the best players in the division this season.

He looked knackered from extra time onwards last night but in normal time had a very good game when he was able to get the ball. Goal aside, he should have had two assists had his strike partner not missed two sitters.

Felt sorry for him taking and missing the last one, easy for us to say sitting on the sofa but he should've just ran up and walloped it, especially against that keeper who was frankly having an unbelievable game and shootout. But that's football. Even the best miss them, just look at Mahrez at the weekend. And Messi seems to miss them routinely!

Great season and one he's needed for about three years. Right decision for him to stay there in January and play another 20 games rather than staying here and playing about five. He'll be much better for it, and hopefully we will be too. I'd pick him tomorrow over the dross we've been watching in recent months. Not as if he wasn't playing well when we shipped him out either.

We've tried to remove Adama, let's not remove one of the very few remaining that can offer a bit of excitement and something different, and not just be satisfied with people who are great at passing the ball accurately sideways.

Well done lad.

Really important period for the Under 21s coming up in early June too which he will undoubtedly be a big part of. Nailed down a starting place for them last time around.

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But I do get the feeling he would rather not be here next season, I don't have any evidence of that at all.

I get this feeling too, as you say without any real evidence!

The hints towards this being the case are more in what is not said, rather than what is.

Him and his other half aren't exactly backwards in coming forwards on social media.

They have always waxed lyrical about the time they spent when he was at Swansea and this season at Sheffield United. He recently said when he was voted player of the season that he was glad to do it for Sheffield United.

I can't remember them ever having similar nice things to say about Wolves. Silence speaks volumes. Maybe he's just going along the lines of if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say it!

I know that it works both ways and he probably hasn't enjoyed how he has been treated by a minority, or his lack of playing time here.

I just hope that the relationship between him and Wolves aren't completely unsalvageable, as he's a clear talent.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if he wants to play for wolves get him signed up on a new contract and get him in to replace mouts, with mouts to play a support season ( ie not every game and as a change up0

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get this feeling too, as you say without any real evidence!

The hints towards this being the case are more in what is not said, rather than what is.

Him and his other half aren't exactly backwards in coming forwards on social media.

They have always waxed lyrical about the time they spent when he was at Swansea and this season at Sheffield United. He recently said when he was voted player of the season that he was glad to do it for Sheffield United.

I can't remember them ever having similar nice things to say about Wolves. Silence speaks volumes. Maybe he's just going along the lines of if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say it!

I know that it works both ways and he probably hasn't enjoyed how he has been treated by a minority, or his lack of playing time here.

I just hope that the relationship between him and Wolves aren't completely unsalvageable, as he's a clear talent.
That's largely because when he has played for Wolves he's had a load of abuse online from our fans. He enjoyed it at Swansea and Sheff Utd because he was appreciated by the supporters and playing games. If he starts playing games for us, doing well and getting a load of praise from our fans, all will be rosy again.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a season Morgan. What's that, something like 12 goals and 11 assists in his first proper season playing most weeks. Widely regarding as one of the best players in the division this season.

He looked knackered from extra time onwards last night but in normal time had a very good game when he was able to get the ball. Goal aside, he should have had two assists had his strike partner not missed two sitters.

Felt sorry for him taking and missing the last one, easy for us to say sitting on the sofa but he should've just ran up and walloped it, especially against that keeper who was frankly having an unbelievable game and shootout. But that's football. Even the best miss them, just look at Mahrez at the weekend. And Messi seems to miss them routinely!

Great season and one he's needed for about three years. Right decision for him to stay there in January and play another 20 games rather than staying here and playing about five. He'll be much better for it, and hopefully we will be too. I'd pick him tomorrow over the dross we've been watching in recent months. Not as if he wasn't playing well when we shipped him out either.

We've tried to remove Adama, let's not remove one of the very few remaining that can offer a bit of excitement and something different, and not just be satisfied with people who are great at passing the ball accurately sideways.

Well done lad.

Really important period for the Under 21s coming up in early June too which he will undoubtedly be a big part of. Nailed down a starting place for them last time around.
Nice to read a grounded view. I think the key will be whether Bruno elects to use his obvious strengths and whether they fit in with his new approach. Otherwise it’s pointless trying to use him differently for the sake of it as all parties may be disappointed. We just don’t know what’s in Bruno’s head..

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's largely because when he has played for Wolves he's had a load of abuse online from our fans. He enjoyed it at Swansea and Sheff Utd because he was appreciated by the supporters and playing games. If he starts playing games for us, doing well and getting a load of praise from our fans, all will be rosy again.

I hope you're right.

I don't think he's a player that responds well to a bit part role either. He has fed off being the main man at Sheffield United and has responded by giving his all back.

Loads of people saying he needs to come back in and compete for his space, but I don't think that will end well. Especially if he sees players like Hwang being picked ahead of him!!

He needs to come back and start.

I'd be very excited by something like this next season.....

22-23.jpg

But we need to get the right kind of players to facilitate it.

Carter-Vickers at CB, Palhinha at DM, Gonzalez at CM, Guedes LM/LW and Toney CF would be my realistic choices!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope you're right.

I don't think he's a player that responds well to a bit part role either. He has fed off being the main man at Sheffield United and has responded by giving his all back.

Loads of people saying he needs to come back in and compete for his space, but I don't think that will end well. Especially if he sees players like Hwang being picked ahead of him!!

He needs to come back and start.

I'd be very excited by something like this next season.....

View attachment 27978

But we need to get the right kind of players to facilitate it.

Carter-Vickers at CB, Palhinha at DM, Gonzalez at CM, Guedes LM/LW and Toney CF would be my realistic choices!
Yep, I agree mate. I'd quite like to see us line up as per your suggestion. I think MGW is good enough to give a key role to next season to be honest. Skill aside, which he has plenty of, he brings an abundance of energy and work rate to the team which has been sorely lacking over the past few months.

Sa
Semedo - Coady - Kilman - Jonny
Palhinha - Nico
Neto - MGW - Guedes
Raul
As a start, with competition to be added at CB and up top (just no idea who).

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Does your info suggest that it is because of the Manager or something else?
I heard it's because of Fat Baz on twitter calling his mrs a money grabbing slag

;)

... but in all seriousness, I do think his time at wolves has been soured and he will leave, there were no issue with Bruno that I'm aware of.

Last edited:

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agent talk about Palace etc, IMHO.

Happens all the time when a new contract would suit both parties.

Time will tell, I guess.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton and Palace already spoke to him

That really does not surprise me at all, I have just had that feeling the relationship has soured for some reason. I think he will end up at Palace for about £20m plus sell on.

I think he will want to work with Vieira more than Bruno, he will feel wanted, and have the added bonus that he will be in London and the bright lights.

Shame, but I think there is a very strong possibility of that happening.

He would add to our home grown quota, so with Ruddy and Coady potentially moving on I do wonder how we are going to get round that issue?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since he only moved into a house in Rugeley last year I’m not sure how he can want to live closer to London! He could’ve got one in south Birmingham and been ****ing lots closer. He went to a lockdown party in London and that’s about it as far as these rumours go.

I hope he gets a chance next season as he’s as good as any of Trincao or Hwang for me

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since he only moved into a house in Rugeley last year I’m not sure how he can want to live closer to London! He could’ve got one in south Birmingham and been ****ing lots closer. He went to a lockdown party in London and that’s about it as far as these rumours go.

I hope he gets a chance next season as he’s as good as any of Trincao or Hwang for me

From Rugeley, he could be in London in less than 2 hours if he got the fast train from Stafford!

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think he's the saviour people want him to be, but you can't argue with his performances and assists/goals this season.

£25 million would be a good bit of business if he wants to go elsewhere.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, I agree mate. I'd quite like to see us line up as per your suggestion. I think MGW is good enough to give a key role to next season to be honest. Skill aside, which he has plenty of, he brings an abundance of energy and work rate to the team which has been sorely lacking over the past few months.

Sa
Semedo - Coady - Kilman - Jonny
Palhinha - Nico
Neto - MGW - Guedes
Raul
As a start, with competition to be added at CB and up top (just no idea who).

Having those sorts of players gives us a lot of options with the players that stay too.

Moutinho in for MGW see out a game we are leading.

Another CB on for a midfield player to swith to a back 5.

Chiquinho and Neto as traditional wingers and another striker for games we are chasing.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If MGW comes back to Wolves there's a lot of weight on his shoulders. If he signs for anyone else he'll be greeted joyously, so I can see why he'd be tempted to leave. But he might feel he has unfinished business with us: if that's the case and club management want him and play their cards right that may be the most tempting option.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's largely because when he has played for Wolves he's had a load of abuse online from our fans
Our fans? I see, they support the Wolves. A young professional should suffer this as he tries to build his career. And now fans feel he doesn't want to stay at the club. I have no idea if young Cundle has anywhere near the talent of MGW. On the basis of a small number of appearances all appears roses at the moment and fans are raving about him. He too will need time to establish himself and if he has the talent as distinct from being another Bruno favourite (or indeed being a Bruno favourite), will suffer similar levels of abuse from our 'fans'. Patience does not appear to be a commodity we are prepared to extend to our young players. Throw in what in my opinion is an eccentric manager/coach who doesn't appear to appreciate the talent he has to hand and can one really blame MGW if he is frustrated if not seriously p1ssed off at the Wolves. I hope he stays at least for the coming season and is considered as I do, good enough for the team. Even if we only enjoy his skill and talent for one season, I think genuine Wolves fans are entitled to that.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That's the conundrum for a manager to decide upon...it's going to be interesting. If MGW plays loose passes we lose possession, and possession in the middle of the field is crucial when teams like City and Liverpool are aiming for 75% a match and can hit you from any direction in the blink of an eye.

How many goals would MGW create and how many might he cause us to concede? If he loses possession a lot, does he need a minder shadowing him to win the ball back quickly....and then is he really good enough to get that treatment? Is he as good as Tielemans at Leicester for instance?
I guess if they thought he would create more goals than he would concede he'd be in the team....but you know, the Chelsea game and what else can you remember?
Either way, he's been impressive getting into the penalty box this season for Sheff U, far more than he's been able to do here.
If your attacking midfielder loses the ball up the field and you get countered on and concede regularly I can promise you it isn't him who is the problem. Salah has lost the ball the 5th most in the league this year, the Liverpool counter press gets it back and if it doesn't they foul to stop the counter.

Creators give the ball away a lot, it's how they create, in 2018 KDB gave the ball away the most in the league.

Back
Top Bottom