Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could see us moving to Bruno's 442 benfica tactics next season with MGW playing the Pizzi role at RM as Guedes and Hwang are better suited to the second striker role Joao Felix played in.

MGW/Chiq - DM - DM - Neto/Pedrinho
Guedes/Hwang - Raul/NEW/Silva

Also gives the option to switch to more of a 4231

Neto/Chiq - MGW/Pedrinho - Guedes/Hwang
Raul/NEW/Silva

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could see us moving to Bruno's 442 benfica tactics next season with MGW playing the Pizzi role at RM as Guedes and Hwang are better suited to the second striker role Joao Felix played in.

Raul/NEW/Silva
That’s a tasty thought

M.Camara J.Palhinha
Chiq MGW Neto
NEW TARGET MAN

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Raul/NEW/Silva
I like it. Don’t forget Podence though! I feel this system would suit him down to the ground too.

Last edited:

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Morgan will move on myself but not to Sheff Utd, I think Fulham is a more likely destination - they have money and it’s Laaaandon.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves
Kilman
Coady
Sa
Neto
Semedo
RAN
Traore (questionable)
Jonny
Podence
MGW

So, 11th?

I really hope he stays because I like seeing youttt come through, but every player should always be for sale for the right price. 25 mil would be a huge fee.
Neves then Neto. I think people forget how good he was, opposition fans haven’t though. I’d rather keep those 2 over all

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW played pretty well in the Prem. When given the chance when he was younger. Clear to all he was quality but our negative style suppressed that.

Neves
Kilman
Coady
Sa
Neto
Semedo
RAN
Traore (questionable)
Jonny
Podence
MGW

So, 11th?

I really hope he stays because I like seeing youttt come through, but every player should always be for sale for the right price. 25 mil would be a huge fee.
I'd have MGw just under Kilam with Neto just under Neves. Sa is great but the is many good keepers out there so price won't be silly money like other positions

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has a really poor relationship with the Wolves fans, mainly due to too many expectations before he was fully developed.

Whilst the Sheff United fans love him, so if they go up he will likely leave. Shame we will never have the patience to see one of our own develop.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels a bit like when Lingard went on loan to West Ham and did brilliantly then went back to United and sat on the bench. If Sheffield come up I think it's a no-brainer for Morgan. Go somewhere where you are loved and will play every week.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheffield will have to adjust the way they play if they get promoted, I don’t think it’s a given that it would actually be a good move for him.

I think he will be best off back with us, and I’m confident that is what will happen.

The season after is when he’ll need to move if not getting regular first team football.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those saying he has a really poor relationship with our fans. Not at the end of last season and beginning of this season. His name was being sung at regular intervals end of last season, when fans were back in and beginning of this season and plenty of good comments about him at the end of last season and beginning of this before he was loaned out.

Also worth noting he and his partner had a new house built in the area in the last 9 months that they moved into before his loan to Sheff Utd.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Morgan will move on myself but not to Sheff Utd, I think Fulham is a more likely destination - they have money and it’s Laaaandon.

He's flourished since he's been away from Wolves, albeit at a 'lower' level. Wouldn't be surprised if he wants to stay at Sheff Utd IF they get promoted.

I doubt MGW will want to return to Wolves if he is going to be bench warming most of the time. Bruno couldn't see a place for him except for a bit part player and I would think MGW would want first XI game time.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he'd have been a non Wolves player but had the season he's had and we now found out we we're in for him......... I'd think fair enough give him a chance. Can't be any worse than carrying Hwang in the side ?

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW seems to have made a really good bond with the other Sheff Utd players ..
If Sheff Utd get promoted through the playoff's MGW will probably have big choices on is hands if they do make it back into the PL..
As their potential player of the season there will be big bids coming into Wolves for his permanent signature no doubt.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW seems to have made a really good bond with the other Sheff Utd players ..
If Sheff Utd get promoted through the playoff's MGW will probably have big choices on is hands if they do make it back into the PL..
As their potential player of the season there will be big bids coming into Wolves for his permanent signature no doubt.
What’s he worth? 30/40m? They paid a lot for Brewster he’s about 100% that player

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Need to give the kid a chance but only if it's in a natural position for him. Lage has played 4 at the back at benfica which I think/hope we'll go with next season which opens up a spot in midfield, specifically as an attacking midfielder.

If he wasn't our player already we'd all be screaming for him to be signed.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SkySports football pundits / ex players were just asked on SSN who is your best loan'e player of the year and they said MGW

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to give the kid a chance but only if it's in a natural position for him. Lage has played 4 at the back at benfica which I think/hope we'll go with next season which opens up a spot in midfield, specifically as an attacking midfielder.

If he wasn't our player already we'd all be screaming for him to be signed.

For me, his best position would be almost a free attacking role as a second striker off a target man. Similar to the role Joao Felix filled for Benfica in Bruno's version of a 4-4-2.

We all know Bruno wants a target man.

I wonder if he has Morgan pencilled in to be our Joao Felix?!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, his best position would be almost a free attacking role as a second striker off a target man. Similar to the role Joao Felix filled for Benfica in Bruno's version of a 4-4-2.

We all know Bruno wants a target man.

I wonder if he has Morgan pencilled in to be our Joao Felix?!

I'd love to see:

Jimenez/Silva
New LW/Hwang - Podence/MGW - Neto/Chiquinho
New CDM/Donk - Neves/Moutinho
Jonny/RAN - Kilman/Mosquera - New CB/Coady - Semedo/Jonny
Sa/Sarkic
Fill those three gaps with say Guedes, Palhinha, Botman and you've got a squad there. Have Podence/MGW share that role as a free-roaming second striker, we'd create a lot more chances for Jimenez and Silva who've been starved of good service this year. The CB signing is by far the most important one this summer, need a CB with the pace and power to pair with Kilman in a back four, you can't get away with Saiss and Coady in a back four at this level.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
MGW seems to have been around for years and years, but he hasn't played much football in terms of minutes, unfortunately his own ability has sometimes got in the way as he has been deemed good enough to sit on our bench which may have prevented a loan in the past,

He has never had that season of consistent first team football until this year and I think it will set him up to be a very good player (hopefully with us) just like Barnes,Maddison, Mount and many many others all learned their trade in the championship.

It was a good result all round Sheffield United got a brilliant player and has enabled them to have a chance at promotion and we have added a very good player what has cost us nothing.

If he played for someone else a lot on here would be desperate to sign him for 25 million.

Reaction score
A Blades supporting mate of mine has been raving about him most of the season!
He reckons he's too good for them long term and too good for the Championship! Reckons he's wasted out wide and isn't a No.9 either and should be played as a No.10,hopefully given a chance next season.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has a really poor relationship with the Wolves fans, mainly due to too many expectations before he was fully developed.

Whilst the Sheff United fans love him, so if they go up he will likely leave. Shame we will never have the patience to see one of our own develop.
I said this earlier in this thread but it's maybe worth repeating. I live in Sheffield and speak to a lot of Blades fans. They adore the lad. One very reasonable seeming teacher I was chatting to said that although his decision making is sometimes off, MGW is the most talented player he's ever seen in the second tier and the best player technically he's ever seen at Sheffield United. He can't be right but that level of appreciation is pretty widely held amongst their fans, and tbf I find them to be pretty knowledgeable and grounded.

I'd be gutted if we let him go. You're right in saying we're impatient, not the worst but it's definitely not one of our collective strengths ;)

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said this earlier in this thread but it's maybe worth repeating. I live in Sheffield and speak to a lot of Blades fans. They adore the lad. One very reasonable seeming teacher I was chatting to said that although his decision making is sometimes off, MGW is the most talented player he's ever seen in the second tier and the best player technically he's ever seen at Sheffield United. He can't be right but that level of appreciation is pretty widely held amongst their fans, and tbf I find them to be pretty knowledgeable and grounded.

I'd be gutted if we let him go. You're right in saying we're impatient, not the worst but it's definitely not one of our collective strengths ;)
He's definitely wrong as Neves and Jota both played in the second tier

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When you look at the sheer number of chances he created (and how many of these should have been assists) you can see why they'd love him:

I don't think he'll ever stop trying the flicks and tricks, but if we played him as a #10 I really think he could blossom with us. He's definitely wasted out wide, and he's obviously not a holding midfielder, so our current system doesn't fit him. This back five has become boring and cumbersome to watch, but Bruno can't transition away from that unless we acquire quality players that are a better fit for the system he wants to utilise - a quick, strong CB that can play in a four (next to Kilman), and ideally a box-to-box midfielder that can do a lot of the leg work for Neves.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you look at the sheer number of chances he created (and how many of these should have been assists) you can see why they'd love him:

I don't think he'll ever stop trying the flicks and tricks, but if we played him as a #10 I really think he could blossom with us. He's definitely wasted out wide, and he's obviously not a holding midfielder, so our current system doesn't fit him. This back five has become boring and cumbersome to watch, but Bruno can't transition away from that unless we acquire quality players that are a better fit for the system he wants to utilise - a quick, strong CB that can play in a four (next to Kilman), and ideally a box-to-box midfielder that can do a lot of the leg work for Neves.
Amen.

As well as the CB (I'd like Coady to have a chance but we probably do need another CB) and box-to-box midfielder you mention we also need a new striker. Get those in and we've potentially got one hell of a side.

If DLS go down I'd be looking at Calvin-Phillips... he doesn't fit our young, unproven, get-em-in-the PL-shop window, attacking Portuguese model but a player of his calibre would make the difference imo.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amen.

As well as the CB (I'd like Coady to have a chance but we probably do need another CB) and box-to-box midfielder you mention we also need a new striker. Get those in and we've potentially got one hell of a side.

If DLS go down I'd be looking at Calvin-Phillips... he doesn't fit our young, unproven, get-em-in-the PL-shop window, attacking Portuguese model but a player of his calibre would make the difference imo.

I'd love Phillips, but think Leeds would want a ransom for him, and that's why we've always stayed away from the British market in recent years, the value isn't there.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'd love to see:

Jimenez/Silva
New LW/Hwang - Podence/MGW - Neto/Chiquinho
New CDM/Donk - Neves/Moutinho
Jonny/RAN - Kilman/Mosquera - New CB/Coady - Semedo/Jonny
Sa/Sarkic
Fill those three gaps with say Guedes, Palhinha, Botman and you've got a squad there. Have Podence/MGW share that role as a free-roaming second striker, we'd create a lot more chances for Jimenez and Silva who've been starved of good service this year. The CB signing is by far the most important one this summer, need a CB with the pace and power to pair with Kilman in a back four, you can't get away with Saiss and Coady in a back four at this level.
Botman hasn't got much pace, tbh I think he is a bit to similar to Kilman. Off to Milan or Newcastle anyway by all accounts

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Totally OTT to say he has a really poor relationship with wolves fans.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice little tweet by official twitter last night reminding us of MGW's first Premier League goal for us.

Back
Top Bottom