Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

D

Deleted member 11332

But look who's pass led to the sending off? He just looked sharper to me when he got the ball and more likely to open them up than Neves, Moutinho or Gibbs White if we could have gotten the ball to him. We just werent able to do that enough. There is defintely a sharpness to him that I think we have been lacking.

Fearless youth. Not worried about making a mistake, always trying to be positive.

Abwolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Funny how we all see things, I thought Vitinha was virtually invisible today, but he is very talented and it was his pass that changed the game for the sending off.
I would also add that Vitinha played the ball to Traore that started the move for his goal. I’m used to seeing the ball either passed backwards or out wide in his situation.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would also add that Vitinha played the ball to Traore that started the move for his goal. I’m used to seeing the ball either passed backwards or out wide in his situation.
Yep, just watched that back again and it was a forward thinking decisive pass forward, its what we want from the lad

That, and his role in the red card 1 2 meant that both MGW and Vitinha had good moments to take forward from today

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is hope for the lad once again. Did well away from home at Swansea and has come back and won a start. Nuno has placed his faith him again and he showed great character to score having missed a sitter.
Coming of age? I would love to see the local lad come through.

SheldonWolf

Reaction score
Was cursing him when he missed that open goal.......but.......what strength of character to keep his head and get the winner.

I remain to be convinced over his viability long term but players at that age can progress quickly & at different speeds.

He’s certainly no worse than what we have......keep playing him in these end of season matches to develop him.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need him whatever as a Home Grown player for Europe. Don't think he's a starter but we need at least 4 in the squad either way.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Played well (again) and showed great character.

I still think his best chance of making it here in the long-term with us lies with him (finally) getting a full season of starting every game. As well as he’s done recently, I don’t think that will happen with us next year so I would be supportive of another loan similar to the one at Swansea this year.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well (again) and showed great character.

I still think his best chance of making it here in the long-term with us lies with him (finally) getting a full season of starting every game. As well as he’s done recently, I don’t think that will happen with us next year so I would be supportive of another loan similar to the one at Swansea this year.

And even if he doesn't start every game, the games he does start, he needs to be played in his strongest position.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Showed character to come back after the miss. Delighted he got the goal. Poor first half when played out of position, but much better second. Certainly deserves a chance to show what he can do in the remaining three matches.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was cursing him when he missed that open goal.......but.......what strength of character to keep his head and get the winner.

I remain to be convinced over his viability long term but players at that age can progress quickly & at different speeds.

He’s certainly no worse than what we have......keep playing him in these end of season matches to develop him.
Agree. Stick withtthe kids for the last 3 games. I don't want to see Saiss or Dendoker starting again this season. Nuno needs to raise the bar this summer, as he's done in the past, and for me these 2 will be under it and possibly moved on for better options.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m pleased for him to score after the miss - however he is just not good enough to be in a squad looking to be in the Top 6-8

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am convinced he will become a very good player for a side that plays him regularly as a no10. He has all the ability in the world.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So pleased for him when he got the winner. He worked hard throughout, and while possibly only good enough to be a squad player, I liked his attitude and work rate.

What I don't understand is the abuse he gets on here and other Wolves related sites. Criticism is one thing, abuse unnecessary.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pleased for him, you can see what that goal meant to him; it’s good to see a bit of passion in what has been largely a lacklustre season.

Agree - when his goal went in, it felt like the first time in ages that I actually jumped out of my seat in celebration of a Wolves goal. Sounds bad, but I can't remember many occasions this season when that's happened. It's just been so...'meh'.

I try my best to stay away from all the social media platforms, so I'm not really up to date on all the online drama and controversy that supposedly surrounds him, but what I saw today was a player that gave his all, played some really good football, and got his just reward at the end.

Absolutely chuffed for him and I hope it's the first of many in old gold.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well and delighted with his goal.
Definitely turning his season round.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was great to see a local lad score. As someone who grew up in Stafford seeing that terrific finish ripple the net felt more poignant than any scored by a multi million pound signing.

You could see what it meant to him. I really want him to kick in and be given the opportunity to keep developing at Wolves. He has bags of potential and he’s always going to want it more with Wolves than others.

I loved some of his touches in the second half and maybe, just maybe that goal will unlock some of that potential.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree - when his goal went in, it felt like the first time in ages that I actually jumped out of my seat in celebration of a Wolves goal. Sounds bad, but I can't remember many occasions this season when that's happened. It's just been so...'meh'.

I try my best to stay away from all the social media platforms, so I'm not really up to date on all the online drama and controversy that supposedly surrounds him, but what I saw today was a player that gave his all, played some really good football, and got his just reward at the end.

Absolutely chuffed for him and I hope it's the first of many in old gold.
My son at Uni said he frightened his house mate when the winner went in. I am sure I frightened our neighbours down here. After seeing them go ahead first half, and knowing our record, it was a proper roar when he scored. So pleased for him, for the team, and for us all!

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He just ain't a wide player and needs to be played centrally.

He'll do his best out wide but will always look better in the middle.

D

Deleted member 11332

My son at Uni said he frightened his house mate when the winner went in. I am sure I frightened our neighbours down here. After seeing them go ahead first half, and knowing our record, it was a proper roar when he scored. So pleased for him, for the team, and for us all!

Similarly scared the living daylights out of my poor toddler who was happily playing with a train track. Didn't go down well with the other half.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is like to see him played as a 10, with moutinho or neves alongside vitinha behind him.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was unlucky not to score earlier in the 2nd half too. Did well to hold Burn off & get his shot in.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to Morgan, a bad miss, but didn't hide and got a good goal. Always looked to be positive with the ball which was good as well. In a choice between the 2, I still think Vitinha is the better player.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Fair play to Morgan, a bad miss, but didn't hide and got a good goal. Always looked to be positive with the ball which was good as well. In a choice between the 2, I still think Vitinha is the better player.
I mean they are different players, hence them both playing today.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well today but he isnt good enough for where we want to be. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite hopefully myself he will prove himself in these last couple of games to make himself part of our future plans same for Kilman

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree. Stick withtthe kids for the last 3 games. I don't want to see Saiss or Dendoker starting again this season. Nuno needs to raise the bar this summer, as he's done in the past, and for me these 2 will be under it and possibly moved on for better options.
Saiss I could see being moved on, or kept strictly as a utility player as he’s no longer up to playing week in week out at the standard we need IMO.

Dendoncker is a really strange one. He’s a midfielder who plays for the number one ranked country in the world, and will go to the Euros no doubt and perhaps play a fair bit.
I can’t help but think we don’t get anything like what we could put of him.
If the bar is number one side in the world, it’s a limited area we shop in!

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really like how he's always on the half-turn. If he receives the ball with his back to goal he uses his first touch to swivel and face goal. Even if that touch is a bit heavy it forces opponents to come out of where they want to be. It'll be an issue if he tries it too deep in our half and loses it, but we need to take a few more risks!

I also thought his movement off the ball when Traore came on was really good yesterday: it meant there was often space for one of Traore/Hoever to move into, whether by cutting in or going wide. And, more generally, he was difficult to track - who expected him to pop up on the left of the penalty area for the winner?

Back
Top Bottom